Career Network / SCAM ALERT!

1 MO, United States Review updated:

BIG TIME SCAM! THIS WEBSITE IT NOT AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE! LOOKS AMAZINGLY LIKE AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE BUT IT IS NOT! IT IS MEANT TO GET YOUR INFORMATION AND THEN CALL AND HARASS THE HELL OUT OF YOU ABOUT FURTHURING YOUR EDUCATION. THIS WEBSITE HAS ALSO BEEN REPORTED ON /link removed/ THEY HAVE ALL KINDS OF JOB LISTINGS BUT NOT A ONE OF THEM IS A REAL JOB LISTING! Today I recieved and email about a job offer. I have gotten one like it once before. Now a telemarketer calls me twice a day trying to offer to "further my education". So this time I looked it up. THIS WEBSITE IS ONE BIG SCAM! Here is the email i recieved. They use the same email. Only differnt job titles.

Dear April,

I am looking for a reliable Office Assistant. We have a small, stable office, and need help with general office duties as needed. This position offers $17.00/hour and includes full benefits, which we will discuss at the time of your interview.

April, to avoid being flooded with applications and responses, I have only extended this opportunity to a few people. Your online resume caught my attention, and I would like to start the interview process as soon as I possibly can. I am looking forward to hearing from you today, if at all possible. By clicking the hyperlink below, you can view more information about the position, benefits offered, our company, and send in your application as an interested applicant.

I would like to learn more about the Office Assistant opening.

I hope to have your application later today!

Best Regards,

C. Benn
Executive Assistant

If you cannot access the webpage through the link above, you can copy and paste the link at the bottom of this invitation into your browser.

Do_not contact me with future_employment_offers

Career Network, Inc., P.O. Box 618305, Orlando, FL [protected]

Bu

Comments

• Bu
      15th of May, 2009

Ops. Sorry. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK: CARRER-NETWORK.COM. I thought it was asking for the link to the faulty site. I just realized it was supposed to be my email..lol. Its under my state and country name. Too bad they dont allow you to go back and edit.

• Ni
      28th of May, 2009

unbelievable
    I just got a similar email for a clerical position. some of the information is a little bit different than what they sent you, but what's funny is that my email was sent by "C. Benn" also haha ...the same name as the one that "sent" you the email.
    I knew it was too good to be true. it looks like they have a few versions of emails that they send to everybody.
    Scammers!

• Dg
      4th of Jun, 2009

Yep! Same thing happened to me! I got an email for a great job, I knew it was too good to be true! ###!