Care Credit / RUde and unforgiving

We got the Care credit through GE Money Bank. We paid well over the min payment for the past 18 months. We we going to make the final payment this month. Well turns out the interest free promotional period ended on Feb 7, 2009. Today is the the 12th. We missed it by 5 days and they tacked on almost $1000 in finance charges. I've called twice and offered to pay the final payment today. They refuse to remove the charges. All I wanted was the charges removed and to make a final payment. Most credit cards give a 10 grace period.
DO NOT set up paperless statements or auto pay. Get your statement each month and READ it. If I had I would have known I had to pay by the 7th. Now instead of having one more card paid off, I have more debt.

Ja

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Mar, 2009

I was told my a CreditCare rep that my March payment would have to be paid in full or I would have a deferred interest fee of 293.00. When my March statement arrived (/3/13/09) they had already charged my account for the deferred interest. When I called they said my payment had to be received by 3/3/09. I had all intentions of paaying the balance due to avoid the financial fee. Had I realized that this was going to happen I would have paid in full last month. I realize I was not on the ball with this but also feel I was given misleading advice. When I inquired about this their reply was basically #oh well, too bad for you". I am a single mom in a financial jam and have a child that needs more dental work. I am so upset, anxious and scared about this. Any opions on whether or not I have any recourse here?