car stereo deck installation / car stereo installation and service

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 613-563-0029

It is 2008 Spring; My car stereo is not working properly. It would power on one day, and then not power on for a month; therefore, I brought it to Derand Motorsport to get it repaired. They told me I needed a new deck; therefore, I purchased a clarion deck from their display unit. They installed it.

A few weeks later, I noticed that there was a hairline crack where the new deck met the dash. It was getting worse, so a week later I returned to the shop. The employee at the front desk who was very informative and knowledgable previously, point black stated that the shop was not obligated to do anything about it, since I could have punched the dash or got into some kind of accident; although, to me and others it would have been impossible to have a crack in that particular spot from any force outside of the installation itself. Regardless, I spoke to the manager who said to leave it on another day to see if it could be glued. I did this, but to no avail. The employee stated outright again, that I was lying and that it was too expensive for them to repair. I asked the manager if their operation had insurance, which he confirmed they did. It took 3 months of calling to finally get an appointment and have them fix the dash. I left the car with them for 7 hours to do this... returned for pick up to find my stereo to not have power. The employee said maybe it didn't work when I got there! I told them it worked perfectly and to fix it immediately... (Obviously they did not hook up the stereo correctly when putting it back in the dashboard.) The installer yelled at me about how many years he had been doing such work. He went to my car, tried it.. stating that it needed to be in the garage again. I went to the garage to watch, regardless of their rules not to... He took the deck out, attached some wires and then the stereo worked. He had the gull to say to me that I just didn't press the on-off button... obviously to make me the scapegoat for his lack of professionalism and accuracy...etc. I left by stating, that he should know by this point in his career to check that the stereo is working before giving it back to the customer. He did not look happy when I said that, let me tell you. I am sure theses guys are talking about me in the most derogatory way to save face, as their behaviour and sexist attitudes were disgustingly displayed to me. (Yes, I am a woman.)

I have never seen such disregard and arrogance. Their solidarity towards making me a scapegoat for their mistake(s) was so obvious and pathetic... too bad they will never see it.

Eb

Comments

• Rn
      13th of Aug, 2014

I was at the shop on Aug 12, 2014 for
    my appointment to have auto started install. I have call Aug 1 to book an app
    with Mike and he sold me a starter that can be program on my Vehicle’s remote
    so I won't have to carry two remotes, but unfortunately I could not make it to
    the app and ended up calling to re schedule and spoke with Andre he rebooked me
    and also confirm the product I am getting is suitable and the best. I showed up
    to my app on Aug 12 met with this guy who claimed to be Andre's brother (don't
    know his name) he was extremely incompetent, had no clue what he is doing and
    all he was trying to do was to be a comedian/Joker, when I was there I saw one
    frustrated customer who has been struggling for a refund for a while. I asked
    the guy what product he is going to install and he said he has no idea. Tech who
    drove my vehicle in I asked him he said no clue. No Ownership and No pride.

At this point I had lost my confidence due
    to employees having lack of knowledge and shop more looks like a bicycle shop
    as in the showroom they have bicycles for sale as well.

I
    told them to ensure they install the correct product, but the guy was keep on
    bragging that they are the best and they invented wiring for God know what.

Finally he came to me and call me an idiot
    in front of a lady customer sitting next to me saying why do I want the started
    that can be program with my remote he can sell me better product, I said to him
    that’s not what Mike and Andre told me and he said both of them are also idiots
    (inform of the lady customer who was there to have her remote reprogram)

That was it, I got up and ask my keys so I
    can leave with having the work done, at this point he started passing resist
    comments like in CANADA if have right to our opinion and I can say whatever I
    want to whoever I want.

Biggest thing is they are incompetent and
    not trust worthy. Luckily I did not paid in advance, which is what they want as
    they know that they have hard time getting paid after the type of service they
    provide.

The person I dealt with at first I thought
    he is just a joker but then he prove to me that he is incompetent as well and
    the end he also proved to be a resist

Please do not do bussniess with them