Capital One / continuous "finance" charges after 8 months canceled card!

I have been getting bills after I cleared out my capital one credit card. Then, some strange $1.83 charge showed up and another bill was sent. Then, the next month, a $15 charge was on for finance. After I tried and tried to get a real human on the phone for days and days, to no avail, I finally pay the $16.83 bill only now to get my mail and get yet another $15 charge! I have not used this card in months. It is cut up. Will this ever end? What do I have to do to get rid of this horrible company? They are committing a crime by stealing from me. I don't want their services and will tell anyone I can that they are not the credit card that anyone should use. I am writing the Better Business Bureau and any other organization that will take my complaint.

Comments

Ca
  13th of Nov, 2007

Yes I know how you feel. We hat Capital One for 3 years. Suddenly they started to charge us overdraft. They claim we paid 1 Dollar less on the bill in August. I say B.S.
Now it is November and we are overdraft 198 Dollars, even though I tried to straighten this mess out ( know that they are lying) and they charge now late charges and overdraft charges every month 39 Dollars each charge, and still w/out results. I told them, that I wanted a detailed report about the charges stemming back to July.

So far nothing, matter of fact, that so called supervisor hung up on us.

Unfortunate, those are the big power full cooperations, that pay politicians, so they pass laws in their own favor at the expense of the customers. As long as this corrupted payoff to the politicians go on, the less chances we have, to get fair laws passed, that would protect us from those, conniving, bloodsucking thieves.

Mi
  29th of Nov, 2007

Contact your state attorney general.

Contact local media and newspapers.
BBB.

Don't stop until someone hears you. Negative publicity will eventually get you help. OF course, it will become someone else's problem, but they will finally leave you alone. Fight back!!

Ka
  6th of Jan, 2009

I have a 200.00 Capital One Mastercard. Got behind on all my bills due to unforseen crisis. Tried to work with all creditors. Only one would not do this. The little 200.00 Capital One Mastercard. Their very rude and unbeleivably arrogant telestaff sets the rules for resolution, with no room for barter When they do not prevail in their layed out plan, the repercussions come in the form of 1.telephone terrorism. By their own admission they are permitted by law to call 3x per day. They are caling me in excess of 10 times per day, often 3x in the space of as little as 10 minutes, anywhere from 7 AM to 10 PM, 7 days a week. Many of these calls come from numbers that show up as "unknown" on call display. I beleive they are breaking several laws right there.
2. sudden rapid escalation of total bill. My 241.00 bill mushrommed to over 600.00 in under 6 months. They are terrorizing me, and when I suggested that I was going to speak to a lawyer about this, the guy on the phone laughed, and said if I cannot pay a 200.00 credit card bill, then how am I planning on paying a lawyer! What an arrogant mouthpiece!
Also, invoices are not showing payments received. One payment in the past 6 months was 100.00, and has never shown up on any of their invoices as having been paid. They are blaming my bank. My bank says different. My bank gave me a receipt for the payment.
Are there any class actions against this company yet? It seems to me there should be. I know a lot of others with their own horror stories regarding this company.
I would advise anyone and everyone to steer clear of this company.

Ny
  18th of Oct, 2010

I am going thru the same problem in Ohio with Capital One. I had a low interest rate credit card for my business, and due to some unforeseen events I had to close the business. Capital One cancel the car without notification, then apparently starting charging late fees and over limit. I received no contact from them for about six months in 2009, suddenly the acct. that was 569.97 was blossomed into 996.14 by april 2010. Now they are taking me to court for $1, 2223 and change. Is there anyone out there who can help? Are there any class actions against them. The interest rate also went up to 29% without any notifications. I need help in resolving this issue immediately.

Pi
  3rd of Dec, 2011

FINALLY!!! Others have problems with capital one. I found out through there automated service that I had a multiple account, and someone in Canada opened an account using my SSN. When I called them they gave me numbers after numbers to call they got rudder and rudder then they started to hang up on me and play it off like it was nothing. I was told by one person that Canada and the US have similar SIN and SSN numbers...I don't know if this is true or how to find out but there not going to get anymore money from me...ever!