Capital Lending / Illegal activities

1 477 Congress St. Ste. 1015Portland, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-390-0817

My son was contacted via e-mail by this company. He did some research and decided the company looked reputable and filled out an application. He was approved for a $13, 000.00 loan. He was so happy because finally he could get some bills consolidated. Since he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and IBD last September the money has been tight and the bills have been getting the best of him.

There was one stipulation though, he needed to come up with 10% ($1, 300.00) to put down as collateral. He was so determined to make this work that he did everything in his power to come up with the $1, 300.00. When he came up with the money, he was told to go to Western Union and send it to the address he was given. I didn't think that sending money was a great idea and warned him. He sent the money an Wednesday, June 11th and was told the money would be in his account in 24-48 hours. Friday the 13th the money should have been in his account, well guess what, it wasn't. He has tried calling the company and has sent numerous e-mails, to which he gets no response.

My son gave me the telephone number and I have checked out the sight. I will tell you it is very, very convincing and very professional looking. When you dial the phone number you have to enter an extension otherwise it will hang up on you. These people who are doing this are praying on the innocent. They are targeting people who just once, would like someone to give them a break. My son just happened to be one of those innocent people.

Unfortunately, he will probably never see that money again. He was just trying to get things back on track. I have read the other complaints about this company and I just wish my son would have seen them before making such a huge mistake. I told him to contact a lawyer or even the contact the FBI or some other government agency that could possibly stop these thieves from taking advantage of anyone else. He will be doing that on Monday, June 16th. I hope that anyone else who has been swindled by this company come forward and tell your story, as I have, for my son. Maybe we can stop them.

Va

Comments

• Me
      1st of Aug, 2008

The same thing happend to me at the end of this past May 08. My fieance and I were planning our wedding. We needed 10, 000 dollars for final payment by June 11th. We wanted to do things on our own and dind't want to burden our parents. I filled out an application online and recieved an email from Capital Lending in Portland Me, no credit check etc.. Since we both don't have the best credit we figured sure why not. I was contacted by Marta Walsh. She asked me to fax her a paystub along with my ID. They approved the size of your loan by the amount of money you make. She told me she would contact me but never got back to me so I called her the next day and she told me that I had to put down a 10% deposit. So I had to send 1500. I felt weird about it but she assured me it was a security blanket and said I could use the money to pay off the end of the loan or they would send it back to me once the loan was paid off. So I went ahead and sent her the 1500. She told me when the funds would be deposited into our account. Well the day came and there was NOTHING. So I called her up and she gave me my bank don't accept the wire transfers their bank is located in Canada. I called my bank they told me they do. I called her back she gave me the exension 2028 Rachel Simmons. She assured me she could send me a check western union but I had to pay the fee and it was 600 due to the amount they were sending. She took all my info and said ti would be here next day via courier. She told me to call her back for a tracking number. I called her back that evening she said she still working on it. Well needless to say I never got the loan. These people should be lined up and shot point blank to the face. It may sound harsh but this is just crule to pray on people in a bind like this. I can't believe the FBI hasn't done anything about these people. I know I've read stories where others have gone to the police and FBI but yet nothing has been done.