Canon / Pixma Pro 9500 Printer / Terrible service!

United Kingdom Review updated:
Another warning regarding Canon! I bought a new Pixma 9500 on the strength of Amazons description stating that it would run on Windows 98 right upto Vista. I purchased from A.J.Purdey at the lowest price I could find of £500 -a bargain! Assembled printer as per instructions and loaded the software into the p.c. to end up with an on screen warning "Will not work with this operating system" My p.c. runs on Win. M.E. I emailed Amazon protesting that their information was incorrect and received a very apologetic email but it stated that their information came direct from Canon. I emailed Canon who gave me a reference number and asked for a copy of the receipt of purchase. This I duly did and included Amazons web page so they could see for themselves. They emailed back telling me I'd be contacted by someone technical in about five days and that's the last I've heard. I've emailed four times since, each time quoting my ref. number and enclosing the receipt and Amazons web page which is still, after four months, stating this printer will run on all Windows 98 on. I will have to buy a new p.c. and by the time I get to use this printer, the warranty will nearly be out! I have several thousand pounds worth of Canon photographic equipment and have been a staunch supporter of Canon for many years but I would now happily dump it all and re-equip with Nikon if only I could afford to. Canon do not give a damn about any consumer once they have your money. BE WARNED!!

Comments

Mi
  1st of Feb, 2008
That seems to be the attitude of many large companies these days. Nikon is not noted for being the most helpful or no hassle type of a company either. The attitude these days is "pay your money, take your chances and shut up".

Canon USA Logo Canon USA