Canadian Tire / refuse to returen electric bike after 2 days

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I bought an electric bike at Canadian tire and was totally unhappy so I went to return the product after two days.
They refused, first the girl that works at the counter looked at a book and said that this is non returnable - when I asked her why it's not on my receipt or why I wan not informed before buying it she said "our return policy is none of the customer business"
I spoke to the manager and got a negative answer.
The next day I spoke with the owner who called me a layer and that her employee told me its non returnable.
This product is available to purchase on line with no note what so ever about no return so what if I would buy it on line what excuse they use then?
Also the owner said that on the receipt there is a condition "some restrictions apply" - well that mean that they can get out of any warranty or return for any product.
Beware of this ### tire and DONT ever buy from them.
I'm going to court with this guys and a picture I took from the store saying "we stand behind what we sell & easy returns save your receipt"
This is the worst service I found in Canada and suite 3rd world countries and not the 2nd large chain here.

Comments

• Be
      31st of May, 2008

I got a same experience when I bought my bicycle. They should inform people there is no returns for the bikes and put the sign on the rack or somthing... BUT you barely can't find any warning on their site, flyers, store or being told by their staff. It is a hidden policy and the company did this on purpose. Of course the customers will think twice before purchase it. I called other companies like Sport Check, Wal Mart...etc. They all accept returns for bikes. That's cheating!!! Just email and tell everyone you know they should think twice before they buy anything from them.

• Ar
      17th of Jun, 2008

I have the same problem with you guys. I bought a bike from CT and the bike itself had mechanical problems. I went to CT to return it, but they refused. I think we can unite, we can sue CT together. If you guys want to talk to me, you can email me.

• Wo
      29th of Oct, 2008

Uno momento idiots.

Sue canadian tire? Every time I buy something it says on the back of the receipt "in original condition". So you three idiots 0 common sense 1. Original condition ###s.

• Ho
      8th of Apr, 2009

I had the same issue as well, i call called head office and was given the "its up to the general managers discretion". I then called the manufacturer of the bike. I was told they are fed up with Canadian tire not honoring the manufactures "satisfaction guarantee". The general manager of Canadian tire called me and very kindly requested i bring the bike back. He would not give me any indication of why the sudden change of heart, even after fully being aware of 3 stores in GVR denying my return.

I would call the manufacturer. Original condition - yes, but if they honor the satisfaction "guarantee" the item if returned in "sellable" condition should be accepted. It was for me, granted it took 6 phone calls and 5 visits in total to 3 different stores.