Canadian Tire Spruce Grove / lawnmower

Ca Review updated:
Phone: 780-962-1444

We bought a brand new lawnmower May 8th. We used it one time to mower our lawned and the second time we used it I pulled the pull cord to start it and it snapped right off. I took it to Spruce Grove Candian Tire where we bought it. We thought that they would just give us a new one to replace this mower we have only used once. No they said they would fix it and it would be ready in 2 weeks. We phone 2 weeks later to find out that it hadn't even been sent out for repairs yet! They then tell us that it will be another 2 weeks. We phone again because no body has called us back yet after 2 weeks and it's still not back yet from repairs. Another week and a half has gone by and we still don't have it back yet! Very disappointed in the service at this store and wish we would have never bought anything from this store. We have went without a mower over a month already. Not impressed!

Comments

• Mi
      Mar 25, 2016

One thing I found out a few years ago is that the Spruce Grove Canadian Tire is the worst of them all. I had dealings with other CanTire's in Edmonton and all of them made jokes about the Spruce Grove branch. BEWARE buying any electrical item or an item that comes with a warranty. A few years ago someone at CanTire corporate ( probably an accountant) in trying to reduce costs, decided that they did not want their branches wasting time(money) on returns as they had to handle them, store them, ship them, receive them and contact the customer that they had arrived. Can you see how much money this was costing them every year. What to do??? Well they decided that after the sale all the merchandise that was not one of their own brands should be sent back to the manufacturer by the consumer, at the consumers cost. I bought a counter top water cooler/heater from Spruce Grove CanTire. Took it out to the lake. Followed the directions and got the hot water to come out fine but no cold water. I took it right back to Spruce Grove CanTire and they told me that I had to send it back to the manufacturer in Quebec at my expense for freight there and back. I said no and asked for the manager. After a loud fight and me threatening to cut up my CanTire card right there he agreed to return my money. This one of the reasons everyone refers to them as crappy tire.