Camden College Park / Safety

1 9600 Milestone WayCollege Park, MD, United States Review updated:

I began living at Camden College Park in early January 2010. Since then, the fire alarm has been pulled countless time at 0300/0400 in the morning. There have been 60 reported car break-ins within the past 12 months, which is verifiable through the records department at District one (1) in Prince Georges County. I m unsure of the amount of home break-in but Camden has sent out an email notice to residents alerting them to this. They however never provided any information in regards to vehicle thefts. When trying to rent here, they will allure you with the gated community feel. I can tell you that it s a false sense of security. First off, it s easy to follow someone in through the gated garage door, as it happens daily. If you don't believe me, and you re considering renting here, just sit back and watch at your leisure. The loading dock doors on the first floor have been pried open and are easy to just yank open. This was brought to the attention of the leasing office but still remains unsecure. The security cameras are only activated via motion As in vehicle motion. A person walking slowly won t set the cameras to record. There are no security cameras near the loading dock or down any of the halls to provide protection. Now I could continue on and on about the security issues, but just contact district one, or district six and speak with a Prince George s officer and they will tell you the facts. Actually, there are PG County police officers who live in the community, and they will also verify everything that I have said.

Now let's discuss everything else. Dog Poop and Dog Pee everywhere. Camden does an excellent job of providing trash stations for your dogs poop, yet I see owners walking their dogs and letting them free poop on the grass. In fact, once while I was picking up my dog's feces, I stepped in someone else s dog s dodo. Now Camden responded with an email saying that people will be fined $75.00 for not picking up after their dog. Once again, if you re considering renting, walk along the grass on the sides of the building facing IKEA and see for yourself. How about the noise! Now the Camden leasing office will go out of their way to tell you that they don't rent to college kids. Enjoy the surprise when you rent. Six college kids splitting the rent and the smell of marijuana as you pass their apartment.

In conclusion, thankfully my lease is almost up and I will be moving as far away from this place as possible. Good news for you if you don' t listen to my advice and want a studio. In the end, don't say I didn't warn you. Enjoy!

Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/MD-College-Park-Camden-College-Park-1181464.html#ixzz18KMOdubJ

Comments

• Vi
      17th of Dec, 2010

that sucks lol

• Da
      5th of Oct, 2015

I would steer clear of Camden College Park! I have had nothing but issues with them from the time i first moved in to my Unit. We moved in and the first month we experienced several fire alarms going off sometimes twice in the same night. When after 3 months of the fire alarm going off at least once a week i called in to complaint and was told that there was nothing they could do for me that it was due to a short. This is a company that claims to deliver "excellence at every point of contact". I left this issue alone after a while and after 6 months the issue resolved. Due to a another unit falling threw at the last minute at another complex, we renewed our lease and moved to a smaller unit. While at this unit there was some overturn in staff and then crime became an issue between the two buildings there were several units broken into and the first murder of the new year was in the 9630 building "Controlled access" Garage. Crime continued to be an issue until I left. Camden's portal to pay is also flawed. I attempted to pay on the 2nd of the month and when the 4th rolled around and the money had not been taken from my account i called the office and was assured that if i paid it then it may just take a few days to clear my account. On the 6th i got an email stating that i had not paid rent and that now i had late fees on top of having to pay rent, they charged me for insufficient funds which i had all the money for rent, and got slapped with a 100 dollars in late fees and other fees. They would not wave them despite my attempting to follow up with the leasing office. 4 weeks before I was scheduled to move out and into another Camden complex in a different city. I started having issues with my A/C and called in and the first time someone came to fix it that night and was very accommodating. The issue was not completely fixed though cause the issue came back in like 2-3 days. I called in as soon as i noticed the issue when i got home. They informed me that this was not an emergency and they refused to send someone over to look at it. I called the office and explained that this was an issue as i do not like having people enter my unit when i am not home especially with increased crime in the area. The issue never got proper follow up and now that i have moved i have requested follow up with the leasing office about my security deposit for the past 2 weeks. Don't be fooled by the technology package ( which you can't opt out of ($50)), Valet trash, or manicured grounds, Camden College Park does not deliver on it's claims.