Butterball Bullies / Dogue De Bordeaux

Coweta, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9187605940

For my 9 year old sons Christmas Present I bought a Dogue de Bordeaux from Butterball Bullies (Jamie Wilson-Turman) on December 1st 2014, I paid for the first pick male puppy, and also for breeding rights, total $2700. I drove to pick my puppy up in person at Jamies home in Coweta Oklahoma and paid her cash. I received paperwork on the dogue, which we named Hooch, and as her website states, all her dogs come with a 1 yr health guarantee. I took Hooch to a regular well visit at 11 months old and they ran some bloodwork and the vet was shocked and said he is in kidney failure! She said his kidney numbers were that of a senior dog, not of a healthy puppy. The vet also said that this disease is hereditary and Hooch got it passed on from one of his parents. Not only was my 9 year old son devastated and crying, but the staff at the vet who fell in love with hooch were crying. Me and my 2 young sons have been through hell dealing with this and seeing Hooch weaken and losing his fight for life. Not only can I not ever breed him but I can never replace him, for he has left a permanent impression in our hearts.

Butterball Bullies

Je
Jun 5, 2015

Comments

• Jp
      13th of Jul, 2015

So sorry to hear about you Hooch. I believe he is from the same litter as our Titan. We understand the hell you have been through. On May 1st, we had to say goodbye to Titan. He has severe hip dysplasia with major osteoarthritis because of it. THR would not have fixed it. Our hearts are broken, especially our 12 yr old son. That was his boy. Our son and myself had to be put on antidepressants after Titan passed away. Again, I am so sorry for your pain.

• Jp
      13th of Jul, 2015

Well, maybe not the same litter, but definitely same Sire. Titan was born Sept 2013.

• Dk
      3rd of Aug, 2018

I am beyond heartbroken to read all of these heartbreaking stories. Our beloved Henry is four years old, we picked him up from Butterball Bullies in July 2014. We have now discovered his genetic kidney problems. He has suffered from pancreatitis which led to the discovery of the kidney failure. It is so incredibly sad to see that we are not alone in this heartbreak that has been caused by irresponsible breeding.