Build-A-Bear Workshop / pay your age day

1 Pleasanton CA, United States Review updated:

Drove 45 minutes to Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton CA. Waited on line and finally was informed that the store was shut down. Gate closed. Customers still inside. At 3PM! Someone half assed handing out coupons but $15 off is NOT a $1 bear that I expected my daughter to go home with. Manager was actually HIDING in the back from all the parents outside who just wanted to ask questions. Security stood outside telling us that they didn't even know this was happening until this morning. Absolutely TERRIBLE PROMO PLANNING. You have really messed up this time Build-A-Bear. You were already on your way to becoming obsolete and this "Pay Your Age Day" could have possibly been your saving grace but I'm pretty sure you've lost A TON of potential customers over this poorly planned excuse of an event. If Build-A-Bear survives this I can promise it'll be on my s**t list right next to Chuck E. Cheese. Now I'll proceed to drive home stuck in rush hour traffic for the next two hours. Thanks for nothing Build-A-Bear! Good luck with riot control!

Am
Jul 12, 2018
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Th
      12th of Jul, 2018

Yeah, that is ridiculous. If they had to shut down the store, they should have given rain checks for the pay your age special. Extremely poorly handled on their part.