Budget Savers / Unable to use service that was paid for

Kaycee, WY, United States Review updated:
I could actually see a value to purchasing this product www.budgetsaversonline.com. It is a $19.95 fee monthly (and like all the other folks commentingon this website...I don't know how they got my information or credit card number). But, if you purchase the full amount of gift cards allowed each month, it is a $25.00 savings, so a $5.05 savings after your monthly fee, plus the $40 rebate on gas (and I did get my first $10 rebate check back--you have to submit a request for the $10 quarterly, so it is not $40 all at once)--and you can save $60 more on gas (in $5 at a time rebates). There's some other things on the website--like $100 back on home repairs. So, if you really pay attention, make sure you use it monthly and send in for your rebates, you save a little $$. I also like purchasing my gift cards early in the month. Walmart is an option and we spend $150-$200 there a week, so I KNEW I would spend that money anyway. My husband is paid once a month and we struggle to budget...so buying gift cards ahead of time for products I have to buy anyway is convenient!

HOWEVER...the website is now not allowing me to purchasing any gift cards. And the toll free line they give for "any questions about your Budget Savers membership"...is [protected]. Every rep there claims to know nothing about the website, can't help me purchase my gift cards and doesn't know how I can get in touch with Budget Savers. They can cancel my membership, they tell me (this after debiting my account on 9/29...they didn't have any problem taking MY money).

I'm pissed...as you might expect. I just sent in for a $5 gas rebate...and a $10 rebate back on what I had spent at Walmart (that's another service they offer)...and of course, I have to still be a member for them to process the rebates. So, I really don't want to cancel...I want to USE this program. But, it certainly doesn't save me anything if I can't purchase the gift cards and save the $25 that covers my monthly fee + $5.05.

So, steer clear of these folks. And quiz the heck out of them if they call you!! How the heck are they getting our credit card info??
Me

Comments

Le
  5th of Nov, 2008
i ordered something online, and that company shared my information, because i started getting a lot of calls from a lot of different companies. they all stated that i had a "trial" period, where the product was free, but they didn't tell me that the trial period would end before i had received the product. budget savers called me last week, to tell me that i was enrolled and they were sending me free gas cards and that if i didn't want to be in the program that i could call and cancel anytime, and that the phone number is in the packet. i haven't received anything in the mail yet, but the charges are on my bank statement. i went online to get a contact number, but there is only an email contact, and they ask for your customer number, which i, of course, don't have yet, so i had to spend 15 minutes looking for a phone number, and then 10 minutes waiting to talk to someone. the phone number is 1-800-475-1942. and of course, they only work monday to friday. when these people call you, tell them you are not interested.
Il
  15th of Dec, 2008
I agree, they also told me they got my information because I made an online purchase but could not tell which retailer I made the purchase from. They offered me a free gas card and during my free trial, (which was not free because they had charge me $3.99). I never received anything in the mail and when I was charged for the next month I called to cancel ( no problem with the number because it was on my bank statement and I only waited 1 minute to reach someone), but the girl was quick to cancel my membership and rushed me off the phone.
Sc
  13th of Jul, 2009
This company is a complete fraud and I am in the process of filing complaints with everyone I can find. Budget Savers Monthly charged our debit card for months and never sent us a letter or any other type of documentation and never provided any service or merchandise. They refused to tell us how they got our information and only said that we authorized the charges and that they were not obligated to tell us or do anything else. They were happy to cancel our membership, but refused to refund any of the money that they stole from our account. We've already filed a complaint with our bank, but I will be pushing this anywhere that will listing ... including any blogs.
Ch
  22nd of Jul, 2009
i want my money refunded but i do not know how to go about it..
Ne
  21st of Mar, 2010
I joined in February, never received anything in the mail including free gas cards and visa card. I did however; receive a monthly billing for $24.95. Fraud as I see it.
  25th of Mar, 2010
This company some how obtained my debit card/Bank information from another company and began deducting $24.95 a month. Budget savers, thanks for causing me trouble. Now I have to file a complaint with my bank and cancel my debit card and wait 10 days to obtain a new card. Thanks again! JERKS!
Ba
  26th of Jun, 2010
This "business" and another "business" called MVQ*BEST BENEFITS both charged my Discover Card (MVQ charged $29.95, and PRO*BUDGET SAVERS charged $24.95 and also a $1.00 charge. Both have charged for the second time.
I am asking DiscoverCard to refund and rescind the charges.
I have contacted BetterBusinessBureau of Illinois, located in Chicago, to root out these "businesses" and take appropriate steps to correct this gross injustice.
They obviously got my info from my order by telelphone of a Swivel Sweeper that I saw demonstrated on TV. The charges all came in at the same time. {The Swivel Sweeper was a legitimate order, and arrived in good condition and in a timely manner.}