Budget / poor service!

1 Canada Review updated:

Our horror show started in calgary. Ford edge had tire low light go on. Budget cant even check tires. Replace with buick rendezvous. 3 hour delay when leaving calgary. Transfer all luggage and boxes. Two days later, wipers go out in manitoba. Check fuses in dauphin on sunday. Drive to yorkton in rain, to gm dealer in yorkton monday morning. Wiper motor shot--2 days to get from Edmonton. Get budget addresses in saskatoon off internet, and drive there in rain. Almost halfway there--big warning light comes on--oilcan with wrench. Stop car on shoulder and call gm on cellphone. Will send towtruck from wadena. Insists that if it costs more than $100 i will be responsible. Tell him i think otherwise. Tow truck arrives. Oil level ok. Don't want to spend days in wadena sask. Tow driver follows as i drive west. Oil light goes out. Comes on twice more on way to saskatoon. Get to address for budget. No longer a budget. Locate one. Patronizing girl says they are all separate franchises and i will have to deal with calgary. Ready to blow stack. Girl thinks, and then says i am "really lucky", in that they have a calgary car that needs to go back to alberta. Transfer luggage again, and proceed to calgary, with third car. Big oil warning light apparently means oil needs to be changed (which gm rep obviously didn't know). Calgary offered a 10% discount for the hassle.
Will avoid budget henceforth. And general motors.

Comments

Es
  29th of Sep, 2008

We decided to treat ourselves and hire a Mustang while on holiday in Canada.
We went to Budget Car and Truck Rental at 416 West Georgia, Vancouver.
They brought the car out to us and asked us to check for any damage which my partner did including pointing out a scuffed rim and tyre. The guy was marking down everything as we said it. My partner was egar to get going and I said no, check the paperwork to make sure he has marked everything down correctly. The gentleman pushed for us to go and made my partner sign the bottom of the form. When we returned the car at the airport, the inspection team went straight to the wheel with the scuff and pointed it out to us before anything else, which I thought was really strange. We said it had been marked on the form and they said it was not. They did not have the top copy but said they would forward a copy on to us. Now I wonder if the guy actually marked it down on the paperwork? Should have check properly as my instincts told me. Basically we had a letter from them deducting $397.72 from our credit card. After reading several other articles regarding Budget it is obvious they are pulling a fast one on most holiday makers. The trouble is when you live in England who can you contact regarding this type of behaviour from a company, especially when the company will not speak to you about it. How can a company like this get away with it??