Subrogation Management Team Ltd. Complaints & Reviews

Subrogation Management Team Ltd.No receipt received after payment. Has the payment been transferred to Payless Rental Car?ss

Incident with a car rented with Payless Rental Car in January 2015 (Agency Flomco inc Tampa, Florida. We received the claim form Subrogation Management Team in February 2015 (claim SMT File#: PAC 112714TPA), for the amount of 347$US. We paid with our Visa Card on February 11, 2015. We asked for a receipt 3 times by email to Ms Irene Solis, representative or this firm. We never received an answer to the mails sent after payment was done. Bu we didn't worry because we have the prove of payment with our Visa.
This week, more than a year later, we received a letter from another firm, Sedgwick claims Management services inc, claiming the payment for the same incident in the name of Payless Rental Car. I sent a mail to Ms Solis of Subrogation Management Team to have an explanation and have yet received no answer. I left a message on her vocal box without success. Has Subrogation Management Team transferred the payment to Payless rental Car in 2015?

It seems Payless has changed his claims agency since but that is not a reason to pay twice for the same claim. Apart from sending to Sedgwick a copy of our Visa account for February 2015 proving that the payment was done to Subrogation Management Team, is there something else the can be done to close that claim once and for all.

The address of SMT was P.O Box 460409, San Antonio, Texas 78246. Real: [protected]

L. Trottier

Subrogation Management Team Ltd.Bogus Fees when Not-At-Fault

An employee of ours rented a car from Thrifty Car Rental. They were hit by another vehicle and were not at fault whatsoever! The other party's insurance was supposed to cover all damages and expenses. Shortly after, we start receiving calls from a lady with Subrogation Management about fees that we must pay. I told her we were not at fault and that she must speak with the other party's insurance company. She proceeded to call me, stating they have denied payment for Diminution of Value and a $300 Administrative Fee. I continued to tell her we will not pay. She then sent me notices about these fees, a Kelly Blue Book document showing the value of the vehicle, etc. I felt this was very uncalled for. I do not see the purpose of paying a diminution of value when it pertains to the mileage of the vehicle. The milage would be there whether or not the vehicle was in an accident. This is absolutely rediculous in my mind. I also do not feel we should pay a dime when it was not our fault.

• Serious Feb 26, 2009

I sent you a longer version but I suggest you stand your ground. File a complaint with the Attorney general in the state you (employee) rented from and the state of Texas where the claim is being handled. Also file a complaint with the Board of Insurance with both states and demand verifiable certification the "Claims Representative" has an insurance license in BOTH states to allowing them by law to negotiate and handle insurance claims.
    This will bring your seriousness up a bit and their staff attorney may send you threatening letters but don't back down.

mary jane Mar 04, 2009

• Serious Mar 15, 2009

mary jane suggested "Send a letter to BBB and FBI, because this company is known for thearting you and they will bill you for items they should not. They are trained by a person that has no expiretions. Stand your ground"
    Mary O. 8/24 Could you explain how a letter to the BBB and FBI will effect the business practice of SMT? Explain how they will "bill you for items they should not"
    Who is training without experience and what are they training?
    This should be a helpful place so please; help!

• Serious Mar 17, 2009

Direct to Unhappy21- I will cut and paste what you wrote and will respond.
    * The employee obviously signed a legal contract which made said employee responsible, REGUARDLESS of fault. It’s HIS signature on the contract.

The other party's insurance was supposed to cover all damages and expenses.
    * The other party did not sign a contract and are not obligated to specific fee’s due to contractual obligation as your employer/employee does.

* That’s the contract part. The other insurance company put up a brick wall. They refused to pay any additional moneys? SMT in turn came after the renter who signed the contract.

* “We” is a strong position if YOU did not sign a legal and binding contract. DV is a true loss to the owner of property and owners must compensate for their time outside the realm of their business. That happens to be RENTING cars. Not having to deal with insurance companies on you or employees behalf.

She then sent me notices about these fees, a Kelly Blue Book document showing the value of the vehicle, etc. I felt this was very uncalled for. I do not see the purpose of paying a diminution of value when it pertains to the mileage of the vehicle. The mileage would be there whether or not the vehicle was in an accident.
    * Diminution of Value has very little to do with mileage. (You should look up the meaning) It is a very important part of damage recovery.

* I thought I gave some good suggestions in the personal message I sent but what the heck do I know? Good luck with the saga. It can and may last years.

• Bu
    butterandbread May 15, 2015

I agree with Serious. You signed a legal contract and are responsible regardless of who is at fault. Have you tired getting the company to reduce or waive the fees. You catch more flies with honey! Its a shame at the other party didn't pay the fees and you were not at fault but you took responsibility for that car when you took it. If it was your own personal car and someone hit it and their insurance company refused to pay wouldn't you be upset, the only thing you could do is pay out of pocket your self. The same situation applies here. The at -fault party didn't pay so the only thing the rental agency can do is go back to the person who signed the contract. You may think they are wrong but the are absolutely right from a legal and ethical standpoint. Sorry to rain on your parade.

• Cl
    Clairetrustinsurance May 19, 2015

I rented a vehicle from Payless and Subrogation Management handled the claim. I agree I owe loss of use and admin fee's but they wouldn't provided the supporting documentation the credit card company required to close the claim. After filing a complaint with the BBB in Texas they finally stopped threatening me and provided something. I'm not sure if it is adequate because I don't understand the print screen they sent but they tried to tell me $650 worth of damage (my personal auto covered that no problem) took 27 days to repair! My credit card company said 4 maximum and no one is trying to work together. They think just because I signed the contract I should pay whatever they claim they lost with no proof at all! I am going to the attorney general in my state to file a complaint and hope they can decide who should provide what documentation to whom so I can get this thing settled. And as an insurance agent I know about loss of use and admin fee's and even called my credit card company ahead of time to make sure I was covered!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices