Brookstone - Greenville, SC / unfair return policy

1 Haywood Mall / Greenville, SCGreenville, SC, United States Review updated:

Brookstone lacks customer service and could care less about their reputation in Greenville, SC. I purchased a tire gauge during the holidays for a gift. The actual gauge that my husband desired was out of stock; however, a Brookstone employee assured me that I could exchange the tire gauge for the re-stocked item when it arrived in their store. So, I purchased the tire gauge and told my husband that the gauge could easily be returned when the item was re-stocked. Also, the Brookstone employee indicated during initial purchase that it was a popular item and that they would be receiving more of the same item. I visited the store (after holidays) and still no tire gauge. So, I returned with my gift receipt and the unused gauge only to be told that it was over 30 days and that they would not take back the item. I might add, the store shelves were stocked with this identical tire gauge. I asked for a store credit and/or exchange - but they couldn't have cared less. I will never step foot in another Brookstone store. Beware!

Comments

• Gr
      29th of Jan, 2009

I have used this store several times and they have been extremely nice and helpful. I purchased two of the expensive cashmere overly by Tempur-pedic. I just contacted them again about purchasing another one and they no longer carry this item but the lady was extremely
    nice and helpful once again.

• Mr
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Brookstone has made their return policy more lenient for people like you, but they shouldn't have had to. The policy was clearly posted several places at the register and on your receipt. The fact that you couldn't be bothered to notice that you only have thirty days to return or exchange your purchase is not a failure on their part, but on yours.