Bromalite / Unauthorized charges

1 MN, United States Review updated:

They advertise a "Free Sample". What is in the fine print is that this "Free Sample" will cost you $6.00 in shipping and handling (the initial charge) and another $69.95 after 14 days if you do not cancel your subscription. Oh yes, you are automatically subscribed to a renewal and your credit card is billed. The second charge of $69.95 will be refunded (so I am told) once they receive the un-opened bottle. However, the first $69.95 is gone. So, unless you carefully read the fine print of the offer this "Free Sample" will cost you $75.00. Definitely not worth it and I think a VERY deceptive way to offload a product which does NOTHING!

Comments

• Ca
      19th of Mar, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

I strongly suggest that Bromalite DISCONTINUE your practice of 'unauthorized charges' of $69.95 on those who simply are interested in trying your product through a trial offer. Although the customer service manager kindly posted legal language listed above, I believe fine print at the end of a screen/page to authorize future charges linked with a 'trial offer' is predatory selling. Further, it makes consumers highly suspicious of on-line transactions and your future marketing efforts exponentially more difficult.

Should I receive future notifications from REGNET, Bromalite, etc., it will immediately be DELETED.

Sincerely,
    Carol
    A Extremely Annoyed Consumer in Boston

• Te
      23rd of Mar, 2009

When I ordered this free trial product online I was understanding that the product I ordered was an acaiberry product.When I received it there was no acaiberry in the product, also it was a totally different bottle then what was pictured. I went ahead and took the product for about a week and noticed nothing other than an increased appitite. So I decided to look up this Bromalite that I received and I found all these reports of getting charged $69.95 to their accounts. When I called the company. They tell me my account has already been charged $69.95 and asked if I received the product in which I was charged for. I tell them that I haven't so they say they will reimburse the charges and gave me two numbers, conf#9A9E8 and a cancellation # 5D99F. I don't know what will happen but I will let you know.

• Ka
      26th of Mar, 2009
    Bromalite - Rip off
    Bromalite

This company is a rip-off. I placed on order one day and canceled the next day. I was charged for a months supple when I only ordered a free trail.
    Now they keep giving me the run-a-round about my refund. It took them two days to charge my account, now 39 days and I still don't have my refund. Never order from this company...They also will not tell you who owns this company...BIG red flag

• Be
      28th of Mar, 2009

Bromalite charged me the initial $4.95 and it took almost 2 weeks to receive the product. There was NO paperwork or contact information with the product. By that time they already charged me the first $69.95 without my consent. When I saw the charge 2 weeks later on my statement, I called to get that charge removed and they said they did, but what they didn't tell me is that they had already (that same day) charged me ANOTHER $69.95. When I later saw the second charge, I called again and they refused to remove it because they said they already did when I called the first time. The FIRST charge for $69.95 was never removed and the phone reps can only reverse the most recent charge. I even spoke with a supervisor who was very rude and continued to refuse to remove any more charges.

On their website they claim in big letters "30 day risk free trial", but they do not honor it, instead they refer you to the fine print at the bottom where it says you will be charged $69.95 12 days from the day you "sign up"... well, you don't get the product before then and if you do, there's not enough time to decide whether you like it or not. They just go ahead and charge you $69.95 and then another 2 weeks later, you get another charge for $69.95.

I called the other customer service number as well 1-866-897-0663 and was told that they will "forward my request to another department, but it may take a month before I see any response"... I didn't believe any of this.

I filed a dispute through my credit card company and I also filed a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission - Consumer Protection section). I was told that this company is being investigated.

Any advice I can give would be:

* Don't stop calling them. Call all their customer service numbers, speak to supervisors.
    * File a dispute through your credit card company (I was told the credit card companies already has this company flagged as a fraud)
    * File a complaint with the FTC so that the FEDS will get involved. The more people complain, the better.

Here is the link to the FTC complaint form online.

• Li
      3rd of Apr, 2009
    Bromalite - billing
    DRI Bromalite
    Bromalite.com

I cancled withen the 12 days allowed but they still billed my credit card and then they gave my credit card info to another company called self help and they also billed my credit card another 29.95

17th of Apr, 2009

I read the fine print. I cancelled my order the day after I placed it to make sure I liked it before I was billed for it. I cancelled online @ verifyyourorder.com and got the pop-up window from Jenny and got a confirmation #. I was still billed $69.95 today on my credit card. I called and spoke to Adam who told me my account was still active and he would cancel it and refund my money but it would take 5-12 days. That is not acceptable.

• Bo
      21st of Apr, 2009

I have canceled 2x I have sent back to riverton UT 84065 No credits have been issued. This Co. should be closed by the Government and forced to give refunds and go to JAIL for fraud

• Ab
      29th of Apr, 2009
    Bromalite - Hidden Charges
    bromalite.com

Don't order a free trial of Acai Berry or Bromalite unless you have hundreds of disposable dollars. The free samples cost me over $300. In addition to charges from other companies that claim they were companion products that I didn't check as not wanting to receive. Scam Alert!!!

• Mi
      30th of Apr, 2009

Hello, we are NOT Acai Berry. However, I am the Customer Service supervisor for the other product mentioned. Just letting you all know that our Customer Service hours are Monday thru Friday 8AM-5:30PM and the number is 866-897-0663. We do have a 30 day risk free satisfaction Guarantee. So please give us a call and any one of our representatives will be happy to assist you with anything that they can. Also if you would like to cancel your account through email you may do so by emailing [protected]@verifyyourorder.com. Thank you and have a great day

12th of May, 2009

I join the chorus of complainers about the Bromalite rip off. 5 months ago, I was interested in trying their product, which I ordered from their website with no other alternative than trying it for free. In fact I never tried it because limiting my food intake was all I needed to shed unwanted pounds. When they called me to check on my interest in the product, I told them I no longer was interested. Two weeks later, I started being billed and receiving their product in spite of my declaration. I then called them, asking them to withdraw me from their list; they seemed to listen and gave me a cancelation number . However, I received their unwanted Bromalite the next month; because of them, I changed the number on my Visa card one month ago; well, guess what? today, 12th of May, I received another package from them, and I see that they billed it on another card of mine!
    How can I get rid of these crooks? Anyone knows? I'll go and sue them if I have too.
    Christine Lampe

• Br
      15th of May, 2009

Hi Christine, my name is Brenda I'm the Customer Service Manager for this product and i wanted to apologize for this miscommunicaton with your account, We do offer and honor a 30 satisfaction guarantee. Feel free to contact us by email at [protected]@verifyyourorder.com or you can call us at 866-897-0663 Monday thru Friday 8AM-5:30PM and our representatives will be more than happy to help you with your account.Thanks

• Mo
      20th of May, 2009

Hello, Michelle
    Sorry, but you are NOT telling the truth. I called this number tonight,
    and they WILL NOT assist! This is May 19th, I ordered the FREE
    bottle April 30th, and I was told TOO BAD. I've been charged for two
    bottles, including the FREE one, and a membership to another site
    I didn't sign up for. I was charged twice for the shipping of the first
    bottle also, and I was told I get no refund for that either.
    Be honest here! People are getting ripped off for heaven's sake!

Another ripped-off customer.

• To
      4th of Jul, 2009

Ordered free trial bottle with shipping, send letter out right away after hearing how they rip people off, to cancel my order, thought it was taken care of, and weeks later had a charge of 69.95 taken out of my checking. I have the letter I sent and did it all in the time space I was supposed to. Makes me mad. Who can help me...

• Mi
      18th of Jul, 2009

I ordered free trial of bromalite and paid the $4 shipping charges. I completely read their disclaimer several times and the day I received the product I called and emailed and canceled my order. Two weeks later I get a charge of 29.95 for a life and fitness program. I called the number and it was thru Bromalite. They said that when you ordered their product you are automatically enrolled in this program. They told me they sent me an email telling me this. I went thru every email I had and there was nothing. This is a scam! Even if u cancel the Bromalite subscription and you are lucky enough to not get charged for that, they get u somewhere. They would not give me my money back. The product sucks and doesnt work at all. DO NOT GET THIS! It is a scam! Nothing is free!!! If u did try and it and got scammed also post a complaint. Let everyone know what they are doing.

• Ni
      21st of Jul, 2009

I ordered a trial sample of Bromalite Cleanse and was to be billed 4.95 for shipping only. I rec'd an additional product and was billed for that as well.

Now an unauthorized charge of 69.95 from the same group is pending in my account. My bank has now blocked all future transactions from this group.

However, I still need to clear up the unauthorized 69.95.

• Do
      16th of Sep, 2009
    Bromalite - credit card charges
    Bromalite

Ordered what I thought was FREE Bromalite & just pay S&H. Then I get a charge of $79.95 on my credit card. Then I received a second bottle which I sent back unopened. I called & asked for a credit but they refused. Told them DO NOT send me anything!! I also had this happen with the Acai Berry but they oked a refund. I also had a charge from A "Fit Factory" which was connected with both of these& they also gave me a refund.

• Pa
      25th of Oct, 2010

I was told to pay only for the shipping of a trial product (bromalite all natural digestive supplement) about $1.65 and 2wks latter was charged a sum of $79.95. something really has to be done about this