• Ka
    KAS Jan 04, 2009

People: Your best defense is to file a complaint with:
    Consumer Protection Unit
    Dept. of Justice
    State of Delaware
    820 N. French St., 5th Fl.
    Wilmington, DE 19801
    You can download the form at:

If enough victims do this, perhaps Bromalite with be shut down, as they should be!

• Da
    Dale Lingle Jan 03, 2009

I ordered the trial supply of Bromalite. I did not like the results, and was to be able to cancel the trial within 15 days. I placed the order on Dec. 3, 2008, and received the product on the 13th. I started trying to contact them on the 20th with no results. Placed on hold forever, left two messages to call me back, and no response. I finally left them a message to cancel the trial. They charged $69.99 to my account on the 22nd. Not only that, I was also charged $19.95 for a monthly membership to FitFactory where "I can track my weight loss and get diet advice", unless I call and cancel within 20 days. This is apparently in small print, and I was not aware of this. My bank is in the process of recovering the $69.99 from Bromalite, however said that I am not able to dispute the FitFactory, since it is on the Bromalite agreement. I had to cancel my debit card to make sure that nothing else would be charged. What a rip-off. It's sad when a company can get away with a scam like this.

• Lo
    lorraine Jan 02, 2009

I ordered a free trial for shipping of $4.95 I am now being billed $69.95 monthly unless I call to cancel, I have been calling the number on line of [protected] and the phone never rings or I don't get a message or anything. How do I cancel these monthly charges if I can't reach the company??

mab Jan 02, 2009

I recieved an order of this product without an invoice and no phone number to call to get this sent back, I am returning the product and calling my credit card company of the fraud.

John Jan 02, 2009

I have spent over three hours in the past three days trying to call and cancel the extras on the "terms and conditions" page. After waiting for 30 minutes I finally left a message on the [protected] number. I told them I wanted to cancel any billing and product agreement. I also had my debt card cancelled so no charges could incur at a later date! I figure my message is as good as these hidden charges. This has been a great lesson...never sign up for FREE stuff! We all need to read directions before putting the credit card # on ANYTHING! Happy New Year. John.

• Ce
    Celia Ortiz Jan 01, 2009

I order a free trail of Bromalite and I discovered they charged me and I can't get a hold of them to stop the order and get my money back. What do I do? Please help!

• Re
    Regena Perkins Dec 30, 2008

Bromalite is a rip off. I had placed an order for a trial supply of the diet supplement and was charged $69.95 twice and still have not received the order. I have been calling for the last 15 days and I have not gotten thru to anyone. When you get thru you are placed on hold. An operator will tell you to hold and then he will tell you to leave a message or go to the webpage that is out of service.

• Li
    Lisa Dec 29, 2008

Bromalite took 69.95 out of my account without my concent. They are not answering my calls. What can I do anyone have sugggestions. I am real mad. This is fraud the bank said.

• La
    ladyvhaskell Dec 29, 2008

I ordered online some bromalite and tried to cancel the order and was placed on hold over an hour. No one answered the phone and when trying to contact the company they led you to a website called verifyyour order which is bogus. Please help

• Ji
    Jim Dec 25, 2008

If you have read any of the complaints up to this point, add mine to the list. DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER FOR THE FREE TRIAL. By submitting your order, you are agreeing to charges for another bottle on the 15th day after your order $34.95, a diet help subscription for $19.95 and a new shipment for $69.95 on the 16th day. READ THE FINE PRINT at the very least, or you will be paying for it later. NOTHING IS EVER FREE...remember that!! I hope this helps some other sucker...

• Sh
    shoejunkie1214 Dec 18, 2008

I have unauthorized charges for a supplement I did not receive. I have been unable to reach anyone by phone because either their lines are tied up with heavy call volume or the recording comes on that their office is closed. I have sent e-mails but have not had any response. I ordered the so-called free sample and received it, but I have not received anything else, yet my credit card has been charged.

• Na
    nancie Dec 17, 2008

The company is working with others to scam you to get your credit card info. Look at the terms (fine print) you have to specifically look on the website to go to the terms. They are going to charge you $$ for a contractual requirement because you don't know to cancel within days of receving the product. They are authorized to automatically hit your account as you gave the authorization. The phone number has no one answering and no answering machine. It is a total rip off. Only solution is to cancel your credit card to stop the charges. You also are going to get a connecting charge for an associated company about fitness. I've never spoke or ordered anything from them, but its all connected and you will be in over $150.00 before you know what's happening.

Don't order it. Don't order Acui Berry products either. Same rip off.

• Al
    Alicia Dec 17, 2008

Hello everyone!! My name is Alicia, I’m the customer service supervisor for Bromalite. Our customer service phone number is [protected] and business hours are 7:30am-5:30pm MST. Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns that you may need assistance with and anyone of our representatives will gladly assist with whatever they can or you can e-mail your cancellation notice to [email protected]

Alicia CSS
    [email protected]

• Pa
    Patty Dec 17, 2008

I was way overcharge and forwarded an complaint against Bromalite however I do not know where they are located
    in one state so please look into it but i was very much overcharged for this product
    [email protected]
    689 Emilie Unit #4
    Timmins ONtario
    P4N5K2

marger721 Dec 16, 2008

I also fell prey to this, but I was able to stop everything. I called [protected] music for a long time then a recording that says they are having phone trouble and high call volume why not send us an email. I held then after 20 min line went quite with a few clicking sounds, I was still connected so I stayed on line and after 5 min or pure silence someone answered. I told her all I wanted was my free sample and wanted to unsucribe and did not want any more shipments or my card charged got a confirm and will have to see. With this comes a free fit website, Fit Factory. They also have mine and your cc number and will charge you 20 a month if you do not cancel. Call [protected] and tell them you want to unsuscribe. This call was much shorter 4 min total. And if you are like me you also fell for the Acia fruity thing. Same thing here call [protected] and tell them that you don't want any future shipments and no more charges on your credit card. Get a confirm number and the name of who you talk to. Supposidly I will get free samples and no more charges. Stopped all of it on day 2. I will keep you posted if it becomes a nightmare.

Note to self...no free trial is ever FREE

• Ba
    Barbara Dec 16, 2008

I guess I was lucky my credit card company called me the day after I ordered and told me to cancel my card as they are watching them for fraud. Thank heavens they are watcing out for me. I to have about 5 different phone numbers for them and have been trying for three days about 10 times a day. After about 10 minutes on hold they disconnect you. I was charged 34.95 and did receive the product plus some tea stuff, but I did not order this. Our only recoarse is REG.net at [protected], they are the company that collected the money on my credit card. By the way I ordered Total Cleanse but received Bromalite..they are all frauds.

christy98296 Dec 16, 2008

Ordered a "free trial" and now cannot get thru to cancel. An unauthorized charge of $69.95 has been made to my charge card. No one answers either phone number listed and email seems to be bogus als0.

• He
    Heather Dec 16, 2008

I am having the same problem with the charge however i have sat on hold for over 2 hours total. with no one answsering the phone. I have emailed them at least 10 times and not received one response. Did you ever get your refund? They do not supply a return address to send the product to which I believe is illegal.

Maureen Dec 16, 2008

I ordered a free sample ($4.95 for shipping) of Bromalite and the next month received a charge for $19.95 from FIT-FAC.COM in LasVegas, NV and $69.95 charge from Bromalite. That totals $94.85 for this "free" sample. I have had the $19.95 removed from my charge, but cannot reach Bromalite by phone or e-mail. I feel they are guilty of fraudulant and deceptive practices and intend to pursue this.

• Tj
    TJohnson Dec 16, 2008

Do not order from this company. I order a free trail, which did not turn out to be so free. I have since had charges to my account totaling $162.94. I have contacted the company, the refuse to reverse the charges. What a scam. There was no indication that I could find that there would be futher charges to me account.

• Tj
    TJohnson Dec 16, 2008

I wish I would have read these complaints before I order the free trail, which does not seem to turn out so free. I am now in the hole $162.94 from this company. If you have ordered from them I would suggest you cancel your card and get a new one right away. They would do nothing to help me and my bank is helping much either at this point. Never again.

• Em
    emdepe Dec 15, 2008

DO NOT BUY THE FREE SAMPLE! They will CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD. And even though you did not authorize the charge, they will not refund you. EVER! They will also enroll you into FitFactory.com for an additional $19.95 also UNAUTHORIZED. DO NOT DO THIS. SCAM SCAM SCAM!

• Do
    donitajoe Dec 15, 2008

My credit card statement has a charge of 69.95 for bromalite which I did not authorise. It need to be removed, nor did I order.My complaint sounds like a lot of others have been scammed also.

thanks.D Wilson

james turner Dec 15, 2008

unauthorized charge to my credit card

• Ki
    Kimberly Dec 11, 2008

WOW! How Ironic. I was checking my bank account statment online today and noticed the EXACT SAME CHARGE!! I am on the line with my bank now. If this any indication of the company's business practices, what must this say about the product? I havent tried mine yet but...it makes me leary. The bank just gave me a phone number to Bromalite. I'll see what happens but right now I can tell you that I am LIVID!!!

• He
    heather brown Dec 11, 2008

I ordered Bromalite at 4.95 and got the product. No paperwork, no additional fees. I see a fee of 69.95 which has put my overdrawn in my checking account. I have not been able to contact these people by phone, email or fax. Please Help!

• Am
    AMY Dec 09, 2008

im actually on hold with them to cancel this very momment.i have been on hold so far 24 minutes!who else do you call?i am very upset with this product, makes me sick!!!i pray for them i get out of this seems binding contract.DONT ORDER!

• De
    Delpha Dec 09, 2008

You can't cancel. Emails fail.
    No one answers the phone.
    3 times 45 min. 60 min 45 min then disconnect
    Tried to stop transaction at source HA HA then called regnetord.com. They are the biller. Assured me it would be stopped...It wasn't. Now they say I will be refunded. We will see.
    I am prepared to complain to the FTC as well as the AG offfice..
    This is interstate commerce and fraud!

• Pe
    Peggy Dec 03, 2008

An unauthorized charge of $69.95 was charged to my checking account on 11/10/08. I spoke to someone at Bromalite and she reluctantly agreed to reverse the charges. It is now 12/03/08 and the charge has not been reversed. I would like this charge reversed immediately. I also intend to contact the media, AOL, and all other promoters of this products regarding this scam.

• Kr
    kripes Dec 01, 2008

Get ready, because that one charge is not all you'll get- I've been getting mystery charges on my credit card- fit catory, 1email offer, Pricelimbo, acai berry... hundreds of unauthorised dollars a month. And the credit card company won't do a thing because you agreed to the terms and conditions. I have no idea how to get out of this mess!

Jan Dec 01, 2008

The only way to cancel a free trial without being billed is to cancel your credit card because they will not answer their phone and their email address is bogus.

• Cd
    CD Giarrusso Nov 24, 2008

I agree---had a horrible time trying to cancell. If you call [protected] it just rings after 4 minutes I hung up on 5 different calls. If you call [protected], that's the marketing number, they can take orders but can't cancell, you need to go to the manufacturer to cancel. So when you call that line [protected] it's a run around, automatic voice comes on states someone will be with you shortley etc. I called that number 3 different times, I held for 8 minutes, 5 minutes and the last time I called over 12 minutes.
    My credit card company is now handling the dispute. I will also write to the company to cancel. I will also report this company to the proper authorities.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----DON'T SEND FOR THE FREE TRAIL OFFER!!!

TO ME IT'S A SCAM!!!

• Pa
    Pat Nov 21, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me 3 times because my daughter ordered it to. I called Bromalite and a refund is in process, but it takes 10 days for the return.! I'm still waiting...or you can call you bank and report it as FRAUD and get your money back.

Mary Nov 20, 2008

I was charged 69.95 for a free trial of bromalite.
    Even "Bryant" who took my cancellation agreed that it
    was a rip-off! I was unable to return my free sample of Acai
    because I had opened the bottle and taken one. It made my
    arms feel numb. What do they put in these "free"
    samples?

• Lo
    lorraine Nov 18, 2008

Yoiu cannot get out of this!!! My card is getting chargesd after the fact!! No one seems to know how to cancel! I will pay my card total & cancel the card so they can get screwed the way they are screwing us!

Jodie Nov 15, 2008

Hi Barb,
    I also ordered a free trial of Bromalite, and unfortunately I read your complaint right AFTER I ordered it. I was surfing for information on the product, when I came across your complaint. I found the information below, on how to cancel the membership you and I unwittingly signed up for. It won't help you with the current charge on your card, but maybe you can prevent future charges. Hope this helps.

"By agreeing to the terms of the Agreement, customer automatically receives 14-day trial to the Program. customer has 14 days to try the Program and decide whether to accept the Program full-time. Prior to the expiration of the 14-day trial period, customer may cancel its subscription by calling Bromalite’s toll-free number at [protected] or writing to Bromalite, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. Should customer fail to cancel its subscription, its Subscription with Bromalite will become active and customer will be billed $69.95 on the 16th day after its trial begins and every month thereafter. If customer’s payment is not submitted either by credit card or check within 30 days of the due date, customer’s Bromalite Supply will be suspended. If customer wishes to cancel and not be billed, customer must call [protected] or write to Bromalite, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. customer also agrees to monthly billing. customer expressly agrees to honor all charges and fees due. I also understand that I will enjoy a monthly membership to FitFactory where i can track my weight loss and get diet advice for a monthly fee of $19.95 per month billed on the fifteenth day unless I cancell by calling [protected]."

• Ba
    Barb Nov 15, 2008

I order free trial with shipping only required. Today I found$69.95 deducted from my bank account wihtout authorization. When I called I was told I did not read the fine print.

Comment Guidelines