Bromalite / Unauthorized charges

1 MN, United States Review updated:

They advertise a "Free Sample". What is in the fine print is that this "Free Sample" will cost you $6.00 in shipping and handling (the initial charge) and another $69.95 after 14 days if you do not cancel your subscription. Oh yes, you are automatically subscribed to a renewal and your credit card is billed. The second charge of $69.95 will be refunded (so I am told) once they receive the un-opened bottle. However, the first $69.95 is gone. So, unless you carefully read the fine print of the offer this "Free Sample" will cost you $75.00. Definitely not worth it and I think a VERY deceptive way to offload a product which does NOTHING!

Comments

• Nu
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I ordered a trial package $ 4.95 and I have been charged with 69.95 $ 4.95 and 38.98 . I received the trial offer and 1 bottle of PIXIE TEA . I will dispute the unauthorized charges with my bank .

24th of Jan, 2009

Read the TERMS and CONDITIONS lady! You're an idiot!

24th of Jan, 2009

You're a liar and an idiot! Haven't you ever heard of reading a contract BEFORE signing it! YOU authorized them to take the money out by not reading the TERMS and CONDITIONS!

24th of Jan, 2009

Oh and your lawyer CAN'T do anything! You agreed to the T & C's boner!

• Gi
      25th of Jan, 2009

It's not until AFTER you order the free trial for $4.95 that YOU, yourself have to look into the terms and agreement. I called and submitted an online request for cancellation within the "3-days" stated to cancel the trial offer. I have yet to recieve a call back or be credited. This transaction was on 12/30. Then on 12/30 I was also charged $34.95 from a place called "WuYi Pixie Tea." Did anyone else get charged from this place after ordering from Bromalite? I've never heard of this place nor less ordered anything from them. I've tried calling countless of times holding on for up to 90 minutes - either to be disconnected or I just have chosen the option to leave a voice mail msg for a cs rep to call back. No one has called back and I have not been credited a penny from either place. Then as luck would have it I have yet another charge from an unknown company - 1/20/09 $29.95 from fit-fac.com???? THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

• Mi
      25th of Jan, 2009

Hello All,

Yes it is imperative that you read the fine print with this company. Essentially you have 15 days to cancel to be on the safe side at 1-866-897-0663, in addition the company automatically enrolls you in a Fit factory on-line program for an additional monthly charge of 19.95. Again you will need to cancel immediately to avoid charges, and Yes this is a different company and they can be contacted at 1-866-407-1022. Please write down the cancellation number and employees name that assisted you as well as the date. This is a total scam and should be removed from the market. Remember the old saying, " If it sounds to good to true, it is". Good Luck

• Tu
      26th of Jan, 2009

I too have been ripped off from this company. They were supposed to send me a sample, now I get the jars, no packing list or return info... and they've charged me 2 time for product I never ordered.

• Be
      26th of Jan, 2009
    Bromalite - non authorized charge
    panalabs
    panalabs.com

free bromalite was requested but automatic charges are showing on my statement and i cant get thru to the company by phone

• Ae
      27th of Jan, 2009

You must work for them. Slimy loser.

• Pe
      27th of Jan, 2009

Bromalite charged my bank card twice without my knowledge or permission. I signed up for their free 30 day sample and used my card to pay for $4.99 shipping. I never received the sample, but the money was charged for the shipping, and so I called them and they said I was not in their system and they couldn't help me and hung up on me. The bank got my shipping charges back for me. Then a week later, I saw two more charges for 87.00 and 89.00 on my account, and another charge pending. I have not ordered anything else from this company. I called the bank and the bank said a lot of other people are having the same unauthorized charges on their accounts from this company. I had to have my card replaced and overage charges removed.

• Al
      27th of Jan, 2009

I went on bromalite.com for the, so-called 'free trial' offer. Well, over 2 weeks l;ate I was charged $69.95 to my bank account. Their web page is very misleading!!! All of this information is written on the bottom of their page. It is sooo small, you need a magnifying glass to read it. All I want is my $69.95 back.

• Ke
      27th of Jan, 2009

I never authorized a charge for this "free trial" Do not use or buy this product!!

• Ms
      28th of Jan, 2009
    Bromalite - Charge without authorizaiton
    Bromalite
    Rancho Mirage
    California

I ordered a free supply of Bromalite for $4.95 shipping & handling. At no place in the order or the receipt received was there any information about a $69.95 charge for the supply if I did not cancel within 14 days. They charged me and now I am having to argue with the cc company about the charge as Bromalite refuses to refund the money.

30th of Jan, 2009

That's not the case at all. Bromalite is constantly busy dealing with people who are trying to get a product for free and then complaining when they didn't read the terms and conditions. You can't blame a company that's trying to make money.

I do agree with you that it's a ripoff, but not a scam. If you people want to lose weight, diet and exercise, if you want to "cleanse your colon", go to a doctor.

You don't' have to follow those steps, Bromalite could care less if the call is being recorded, they are NOT responsible for refunding you your money, it's a courtesy! YOU signed a legal contract and it's NOT the customer service representitive's problem that you all don't read what you sign!

• Ba
      31st of Jan, 2009
    Bromalite - deceptive billing
    Dri Bromalite
    Salt Lake City
    Utah
    Phone: 866-897-0663
    Bromalite.com

I was billed twice before I even saw the poduct in my mail box. They did say they would issue me a refund after I said I would have the company investigated.

• Da
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I have yet to take any of this product, or the Acai berry, because my doctor said "H--- no!" I called to cancell any further orders and was treated kindly, and was told no further charges were lodged. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Bromalite - debit charge
    Panalabs
    Indiana
    Phone: 574-389-8967

My checking account was charged $70 dollars for the free trail that was offered online. That overdue my account and I had overdraft fee because of it.

• Do
      4th of Feb, 2009

I WAS CHARGED 74.85 FOR BROMALITE AND I NEVER ORDERED IT AND IT CAUSE AN OVERDRAFT IN MY ACCOUNT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO REACH THEM AND I HAS NOT GOTTEN AN ANSWER I KNOW THAT THIS WAS A SCAM

• Me
      4th of Feb, 2009

Ordered trial of Bromalite on 1/29/09 and found out about the scam on Feb.1. Of course the amount of 4.95 shipping has been drafted and also a charge of 34.95. I have yet to receive the product and when or if I do I am returning it immediately. I have blocked by credit card and ordered a new one. My bank is helping take care of the unauthorized charges. I also went to the Bromolite website (because when I called 41 people were waiting ahead of my call)and when I went to cancel a representative of the company popped up in an instant message box and started a conversation with me. I told her I wanted to cancel and she said my account was cancelled. I have printed out the conversation with her. I have also went to www.verifyyourorder.com and it says my order has been cancelled.

So, hopefully, blocking or cancelling my credit card at my bank will take care of any further transactions. I'm very thankful that I decided to look further into this product three days after ordering it.

I would like to see some action taken towards this company. There are definitely enough people reporting the scam. I am keeping my records and am going to see how further action could be taken on this.

• Ka
      6th of Feb, 2009

I had no problem getting a refund from this company. They were actually quite nice and agreeable. I didn't understand what I was signing up for when I requested the "free sample", and when I explained that to them, they immediately cancelled my membership and refunded my money.