Bromalite / Unauthorized charges

1 MN, United States Review updated:

They advertise a "Free Sample". What is in the fine print is that this "Free Sample" will cost you $6.00 in shipping and handling (the initial charge) and another $69.95 after 14 days if you do not cancel your subscription. Oh yes, you are automatically subscribed to a renewal and your credit card is billed. The second charge of $69.95 will be refunded (so I am told) once they receive the un-opened bottle. However, the first $69.95 is gone. So, unless you carefully read the fine print of the offer this "Free Sample" will cost you $75.00. Definitely not worth it and I think a VERY deceptive way to offload a product which does NOTHING!

Comments

• Ba
      15th of Nov, 2008
    Bromalite - unauthorized bank deduction
    Bromalite

I order free trial with shipping only required. Today I found$69.95 deducted from my bank account wihtout authorization. When I called I was told I did not read the fine print.

15th of Nov, 2008

Hi Barb,
    I also ordered a free trial of Bromalite, and unfortunately I read your complaint right AFTER I ordered it. I was surfing for information on the product, when I came across your complaint. I found the information below, on how to cancel the membership you and I unwittingly signed up for. It won't help you with the current charge on your card, but maybe you can prevent future charges. Hope this helps.

"By agreeing to the terms of the Agreement, customer automatically receives 14-day trial to the Program. customer has 14 days to try the Program and decide whether to accept the Program full-time. Prior to the expiration of the 14-day trial period, customer may cancel its subscription by calling Bromalite’s toll-free number at 866-897-0663 or writing to Bromalite, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. Should customer fail to cancel its subscription, its Subscription with Bromalite will become active and customer will be billed $69.95 on the 16th day after its trial begins and every month thereafter. If customer’s payment is not submitted either by credit card or check within 30 days of the due date, customer’s Bromalite Supply will be suspended. If customer wishes to cancel and not be billed, customer must call 866-897-0663 or write to Bromalite, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. customer also agrees to monthly billing. customer expressly agrees to honor all charges and fees due. I also understand that I will enjoy a monthly membership to FitFactory where i can track my weight loss and get diet advice for a monthly fee of $19.95 per month billed on the fifteenth day unless I cancell by calling 1-866-407-1022."

• Lo
      18th of Nov, 2008
    Bromalite - cannot cancel trial order!!!!
    panalabs/bromalite
    New York

Yoiu cannot get out of this!!! My card is getting chargesd after the fact!! No one seems to know how to cancel! I will pay my card total & cancel the card so they can get screwed the way they are screwing us!

20th of Nov, 2008
    Bromalite - return/cancellation policy
    PO Box 2003
    Riverton
    Utah
    Phone: 866-407-1022
    bromalite.com

I was charged 69.95 for a free trial of bromalite.
    Even "Bryant" who took my cancellation agreed that it
    was a rip-off! I was unable to return my free sample of Acai
    because I had opened the bottle and taken one. It made my
    arms feel numb. What do they put in these "free"
    samples?

• Pa
      21st of Nov, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me 3 times because my daughter ordered it to. I called Bromalite and a refund is in process, but it takes 10 days for the return.! I'm still waiting...or you can call you bank and report it as FRAUD and get your money back.

• Cd
      24th of Nov, 2008

I agree---had a horrible time trying to cancell. If you call 800-715-1354 it just rings after 4 minutes I hung up on 5 different calls. If you call 630-3922100, that's the marketing number, they can take orders but can't cancell, you need to go to the manufacturer to cancel. So when you call that line 866-897-1663 it's a run around, automatic voice comes on states someone will be with you shortley etc. I called that number 3 different times, I held for 8 minutes, 5 minutes and the last time I called over 12 minutes.
    My credit card company is now handling the dispute. I will also write to the company to cancel. I will also report this company to the proper authorities.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----DON'T SEND FOR THE FREE TRAIL OFFER!!!

TO ME IT'S A SCAM!!!

1st of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - Bogus phone number and email
    16192 Coastal Highway
    Lewes
    Delaware
    Phone: 866 897-0663
    bromalite.com

The only way to cancel a free trial without being billed is to cancel your credit card because they will not answer their phone and their email address is bogus.

• Kr
      1st of Dec, 2008

Get ready, because that one charge is not all you'll get- I've been getting mystery charges on my credit card- fit catory, 1email offer, Pricelimbo, acai berry... hundreds of unauthorised dollars a month. And the credit card company won't do a thing because you agreed to the terms and conditions. I have no idea how to get out of this mess!

• Pe
      3rd of Dec, 2008

An unauthorized charge of $69.95 was charged to my checking account on 11/10/08. I spoke to someone at Bromalite and she reluctantly agreed to reverse the charges. It is now 12/03/08 and the charge has not been reversed. I would like this charge reversed immediately. I also intend to contact the media, AOL, and all other promoters of this products regarding this scam.

• De
      9th of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - billing-cancellation
    Phone: 8668970663

You can't cancel. Emails fail.
    No one answers the phone.
    3 times 45 min. 60 min 45 min then disconnect
    Tried to stop transaction at source HA HA then called regnetord.com. They are the biller. Assured me it would be stopped...It wasn't. Now they say I will be refunded. We will see.
    I am prepared to complain to the FTC as well as the AG offfice..
    This is interstate commerce and fraud!

• Am
      9th of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - they lie!

im actually on hold with them to cancel this very momment.i have been on hold so far 24 minutes!who else do you call?i am very upset with this product, makes me sick!!!i pray for them i get out of this seems binding contract.DONT ORDER!

• He
      11th of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - charged a fee I was never aware of
    White Lake
    Michigan
    Phone: 248-474-7200

I ordered Bromalite at 4.95 and got the product. No paperwork, no additional fees. I see a fee of 69.95 which has put my overdrawn in my checking account. I have not been able to contact these people by phone, email or fax. Please Help!

• Ki
      11th of Dec, 2008

WOW! How Ironic. I was checking my bank account statment online today and noticed the EXACT SAME CHARGE!! I am on the line with my bank now. If this any indication of the company's business practices, what must this say about the product? I havent tried mine yet but...it makes me leary. The bank just gave me a phone number to Bromalite. I'll see what happens but right now I can tell you that I am LIVID!!!

15th of Dec, 2008

unauthorized charge to my credit card

• Do
    Bromalite - Being charged for bromalite I didn't order
    Phone: 1-866-897-0663

My credit card statement has a charge of 69.95 for bromalite which I did not authorise. It need to be removed, nor did I order.My complaint sounds like a lot of others have been scammed also.

thanks.D Wilson

• Em
      15th of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - BROMALITE SCAM!
    Bromalite

DO NOT BUY THE FREE SAMPLE! They will CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD. And even though you did not authorize the charge, they will not refund you. EVER! They will also enroll you into FitFactory.com for an additional $19.95 also UNAUTHORIZED. DO NOT DO THIS. SCAM SCAM SCAM!

• Tj
      16th of Dec, 2008

I wish I would have read these complaints before I order the free trail, which does not seem to turn out so free. I am now in the hole $162.94 from this company. If you have ordered from them I would suggest you cancel your card and get a new one right away. They would do nothing to help me and my bank is helping much either at this point. Never again.

• Tj
      16th of Dec, 2008

Do not order from this company. I order a free trail, which did not turn out to be so free. I have since had charges to my account totaling $162.94. I have contacted the company, the refuse to reverse the charges. What a scam. There was no indication that I could find that there would be futher charges to me account.

16th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a free sample ($4.95 for shipping) of Bromalite and the next month received a charge for $19.95 from FIT-FAC.COM in LasVegas, NV and $69.95 charge from Bromalite. That totals $94.85 for this "free" sample. I have had the $19.95 removed from my charge, but cannot reach Bromalite by phone or e-mail. I feel they are guilty of fraudulant and deceptive practices and intend to pursue this.

• He
      16th of Dec, 2008

I am having the same problem with the charge however i have sat on hold for over 2 hours total. with no one answsering the phone. I have emailed them at least 10 times and not received one response. Did you ever get your refund? They do not supply a return address to send the product to which I believe is illegal.