Bridgevine / scam and fraud

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-464-1119

After doing everything regarding the rebate exactly by the book, I received the following message:

"Unfortunately, we were unable to honor your request for the following reasons: The service provider is showing a different company as Affiliate of Record for your service order; therefore, the order placed through Broadband National is not a valid service order."

I complained but got nowhere. This company is a complete fraud and it is impossible to get anyone to resolve the issue!!

Ch

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Sep, 2008

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I totally agree with you. This company is nothing but a big scam. They make all of these promises and then for some reason find ways to get around them. For instance the promised rebates can not be cashed in until you have had at least 2 months of service. The problem is that you have to use the rebate for the time you ordered the service and not when it actually was set up. So what they do is not send your equipment out right away and that way you have no way of getting your full 60 days of service in before the rebate that your forced to use expires. On top of that they claim to give you a rebate that makes your modem free but that is not true either because they sell the modem for $50 and the rebate covers $39.99 only. What I would like to do is put together a class action lawsuit to sue not only Bridgevine but also the companies that they represent since these companies allow Bridgevine to screw their customers and do nothing about it. If your interested in joing me in this lawsuit endeavor please email me at johndoe3815@yahoo.com

Ken Barrette

27th of Sep, 2008

Ken,
    I agree with u that Bridgevine is full of scam. They had thing for Comcast double play (cable tv and high speed internet) for 66/month for 12 months along with free cable modem and $ 225 in the beginning of this month (September 2008). Now I have my service and every thing, but I was shocked to find out that 66/month was only for 6 months NOT 12 months from the Comcast. When I tried to talk to Bridgevine, they are not giving me anysatisfactory answers. I wish I had made the print out of that Double Play bundle. They do not have the same bundle now, bu they do have a similar bundle except that it is for phone and tv for 66/month for 12 months with $ 125 cash back.I had only ordered the cable modem from them, so they charged me $ 74.90 including shipping and handling. I have sent them the rebate form- there are two of them to be sent. The first one is to be sent to D-Link for $ 20. The second one has to be sent to Bridgevine itself along with 2 months' bills. The second one is gonna be for the amount of $39.95. I think u only saw one rebate form. Having said, I still doubt if they gonna honor my rebate leave alone that $ 225 cash back. If they don't gimme that double play for 66/month for 12 months, I would like to do some thing against them too. They have promised to work it out with me, but I really don't trust them. I have read here that people get their rebates denied on one or more excuses. Until Bridgevine proves me wrong, I am forced to believe that they are nothing but scam.

• We
      4th of Dec, 2008

Bridgevine scammed me by promising incorrect cash back amounts (saleswoman on the phone quoted me with $125, actual rebate offer was $100) and including a dummy rebate website on the email confirmation. After checking that website religiously waiting for the forms to be updated, I finally called to find out that that was not the correct website and that the rebate deadline has passed (by 4 days). First, they blamed me for not calling sooner, then they could not give me any valid reason for why the incorrect rebate site was listed on the email. The lady said she would be submitting a special rebate request to bridgevine, but was very rude when I asked her to provide some sort of proof that a request was being sent. I highly doubt that that is being done, so I am contacting bridgevine directly now.

20th of Dec, 2008

Wendy,
    I had ordered the service thru bridgevine for Comcast Double Play (cable tv and high speed internet) back in August. They clearly told the rate was good for 12 months but later Comcast said it was only for 6 months. I was shocked to get the rebates for the modem, but I won't be getting the cash back of $ 225. In the beginning they had told me all I had to do was send in the mail in rebated for the modem and I would get my cash back bonus in 10-14 weeks. Now they tell me I had to send in the separate mail in rebate for cash back, which actually seems to be the case. Since I am already late for the cash back rebate now, I will be losing it. I think Bridgevine gives false information to the customers so that they can rip us off later. I am gonna file the complaint with the BBB here. I think u guys should do it too. That way they will be forced to bite the dust sooner or later.

Raj

20th of Dec, 2008

Wendy, this was the deal for me back in August, so I bit on it.

Product Details

Name: Double Play - TV and Internet with Power Boost

Price: $66.00 Per Month

Current Promotion: $225 Cash Back
    Description: Customer qualifies for a $225 Cash Back rebate when purchasing Comcast High
    Speed Internet and Digital Cable services from this site.

Expiration Date: September 30, 2008 11:59 PM

Disclaimer: Customer must order service from this site. Customer must complete rebate form
    and mail all required documentation to address listed on rebate forms. Please see rebate forms for complete details.

Current Promotion: $66.00 for 12 Months
    Description: $66.00 for 12 Months

Disclaimer: Offer ends 09/30/08, is only available in wired and serviceable areas in
    participating Comcast systems (and may not be transferred) and is limited to residential customers satisfying applicable eligibility criteria. Offer not available to customers with unpaid account balances. Offer limited to Starter Digital Cable and 6.0 Mbps High Speed Internet service. Requires subscription to both services. AFTER THE 12 MONTH PROMOTIONAL PERIOD, OR IF ANY SERVICE IS CANCELLED OR DOWNGRADED, REGULAR CHARGES APPLY. YOU MAY CANCEL SERVICE BY CALLING 1-800-COMCAST. For Comcast¿s current monthly service charge for the advertised services, please provide your service address information where indicated on this site to locate pricing for your area. Digital Cable and High-Speed Internet service limited to a single outlet. Service subject to Comcast standard terms and conditions. Prices shown do not include equipment and installation charges, taxes, and franchise fees. May not be combined with other offers. Cable Service: Certain services available separately or as a part of other levels of service. Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. Not all programming available in all areas. On Demand selections subject to charge indicated at the time of purchase. Converter and remote required to receive certain services. HD programming limited to the programming provided to Comcast in HD format. High Speed Service: Powerboost provides bursts of download and upload speeds for the first 10 MB and 5 MB of a file, respectively. Many factors affect speed. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Cable modem required. Not all features, including McAfee, compatible with Macintosh systems. Call for restrictions and complete details. Comcast ©2008. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners

Current Promotion: Free Wireless Router, After Rebates
    Description: Purchase price of the D-Link wireless router is $59.95. Bridgevine is providing a
    $39.95 cash back rebate and D-Link is providing a $20.00 cash back rebate. Visit http://rebates.bridgevine.com to receive rebates.

Current Promotion: With Optional HD Service

• Su
      24th of Feb, 2009

I have done everything absolutely correct, and I'm still waiting in Feb 2009 on a $50 cash back rebate and a $39.95 D-Link Modem rebate that I submitted in September 2008. I went to www.rebatestatus.com and my submissions show, but after "Submission status" the site says that due to "updated" info, a new submission "might have been created, " and to contact them via an email link. Give me a break. I'm going to call them tomorrow. I was very thorough in submitting for these rebates: I did receive $40 router rebate, $10 router rebate (both on same router), $175 cash back, $20 modem rebate. But still waiting on the $39.95 modem rebate (on same modem) and $50 cash back. I received the $40 router rebate Jan. 12, 2009 (submitted Sept 18, 2008). So maybe the other 2 checks are in the mail, but it's looking to me like a lot of hassle is about to begin. I'll update all.

• Mi
      5th of Mar, 2009

I am currently trying to place an order for the HSI offer (AT&T - $19.99/month). Had some questions, and wanted to clarify some info, so called them by the toll-free number listed on their web-page (1-866-427-1667).
    All I got was a message that the number is not in service. !!! What ?
    And that was right before I wanted to hit the Submit button. Am I lucky?

• Si
      25th of Apr, 2009

Hi,
    I had a positive experience with Bridgevine, which I wanted to share as a testimony to their business practices. I hope this helps. Please see below for the correspondence I had with Debbie Garrett whose email address I found on another website. I was very concerned that I would lose the $225 rebate I was promised when I got my comcast service, especially after reading the negative messages on many message boards. I almost did not contact them, but decided to because I figured I had nothing to lose. This email correspondence started on March 31st, 2009, and I'm ecstatic to say that I received my full rebate on April 24th, 2009.

From: Simone
    Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:02 PM
    To: Garrett, Debbie
    Subject: Fw: Bridgevine Order Confirmation # GE4D89BSGEZA

Hello Debbie,

I am writing to you as I need help with my Bridgevine rebate and am hoping that you

are able to provide it. I was looking online regarding information about Bridgevine

and it was extremely disconcerting to find a lot of negative reviews regarding their

practices with customer support. That was also when I found your contact information

and I'm praying that you are one of those few people who can see an issue through to

it's conclusion.

Below is my order confirmation from Bridgevine which I received on December 10th

which states that I am due for a rebate of $225. I'd also had my Comcast cable

installed within the specified timeframe. The problem as it stands is that I was

going to send out for my rebates yesterday 3/30/09 but just noticed on the rebate

form that the application needed to be postmarked by 2/28/09. Debbie, I need to

ensure that I am still able to apply for this rebate, and here is the reason why. I

was out of the country from 2/4/09 to 3/19/09. When I returned, my father had heart

surgery and therefore I was unable to take a look at my paperwork. I have proof of

my travel and my father's surgery if required. I was concerned with applying for the

rebate prior to leaving on 2/4/09, and even started to take care of it on 1/30/09,

however when I looked at the stipulation, I saw that my cable needed to be active

for 60 days prior to applying for the rebate. At that time I decided to wait to

apply until I returned because I was waiting for the bill that would be proof of my

status with Comcast for 60 days service. At that time I did not know about the

deadline of 2/28/09 as it had never been mentioned to me by the salespeople I dealt

with. I am extremely upset and worried that I may not receive my rebate and I

request that you work this through with me due to the special circumstances listed

above. In case you are unable to assist me with this, I request that you forward

this email to your management and provide me with the name and contact information

of the person I should deal with. Once this is resolved, I will take on the

responsibility to go back to the web blogs that had negative feedback regarding your

practices and leave glowing reviews of the assistance I have been provided. I am

sure this will be a strong endorsement for your company.

I will be happy to attach any written proof you request to my rebate application, I

only request something in writing from Bridgevine to authorize my application for

the rebate due to special circumstances.

I thank you very much for your time and consideration in this matter.
    Simone

---

From: "Garrett, Debbie"
    To: Simone
    Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:47:41 PM
    Subject: RE: Bridgevine Order Confirmation # GE4D89BSGEZA

Simone,

Thank you for contacting me so we can work together to resolve your rebate

situation. As you can understand, we have to set limitations on the time for rebate

submission acceptance. However, we also don’t want to deny anyone a rebate that is

deserved. Based on your situation, I will waive the “postmark by” date on the

submission. However, you will need to send the submission directly to my attention

at the below address.

Upon receipt of the submission, it will still go through the normal validation

process. If deemed valid and the check processed, I will advise you of the actual

check mail date. I would also appreciate you posting a “positive” blog on some of

the complaint boards.

Again, please mail the rebate submission to my attention to the address below.

________________________________________________________
    Debbie Garrett, Senior Manager, Sales Operations | Bridgevine, Inc. |

debbie.garrett@bridgevine.com

From: Simone
    Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:40 PM
    To: Garrett, Debbie
    Subject: Re: Bridgevine Order Confirmation # GE4D89BSGEZA

Hi Debbie,

Would you please confirm that you have received my rebate application?

Thanks,

Simone

---
    RE: Bridgevine Order Confirmation # GE4D89BSGEZA
    "Garrett, Debbie"
    ViewTuesday, April 14, 2009 4:50:41 PM
    To:Simone

The submission has been received. The final stages of processing are being

completed and the rebate check(s) should be ready for mailing purposes within the

next 3 – 5 business days.

________________________________________________________
    Debbie Garrett, Senior Manager, Sales Operations | Bridgevine, Inc. |

debbie.garrett@bridgevine.com

• Ve
      18th of Jun, 2009

Hello everyone,

I work at Bridgevine and may be able to help you resolve your issues. We had a problem with the company that was handling our rebates and you may have gotten caught in the middle.

Email me your confirmation code and I'll personally look into your issue. I can assure you that we are not out to scam anyone.

Thanks