BP customer service / cash handling

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

I went to a BP station to grab a drink today at around 1:30pm. the BP store is located on a island intercepted by Broadway and Union Ave in Brooklyn, NY 11206. its got a little self-serving store in it.

after I show the cashier the bottle i was gonna take, i handed over a $20 cash note. then just like i always would when i m waiting for my changes after payment, i didnot pay any attention to what the cashier was doing before she hand back the changes.

the changes was not right. i said that s not right, i gave you 20. then her reaction was like i was tricking her at the first place n tediously show me a random $10 from her counter top, like i didnot know how much i have in my wallet n gave her. immediately, i was being look at by her like an idiot or some crazy customer who walk in the store pretend given 20 but gave out 10, n ask for a refund on purpose.

i guess if i was willing to forfeit some time of mine, the truth would eventually submerge. but i didnot wanna keep on arguing over only $10 due to its not only time consuming, but plus i dont know what i could do to prove that i was right. i mean the security camera is not that HD enough to see how much i really gave her, right? just by saying i absolutely gave you $20, and I m sure that was $20 I gave you or the like would not get me any favour over the arguement.

beside, let's donot forget there may be a chance that she was doing this trick on purpose. i mean it would be a nice bonus out of the everyday wages for tricking multiple customers like this, right!

I m angry at BP right now because if i was gonna keep on arguing n got my justice back, i must have to act like a unreasonable customer n yelling for their superior involvement. for a peaceful person like me, i just wanted the prove that either prove me wrong or otherwise. i mean BP can train their employees to have proper handlings of this kind of situation, instead of letting them showing their dump, long face to your cash paying customers, like puting the camera under the window that can clearly monitor every cash trasactions.so when the need arise, camera foottages are easily accessible. n most importantly, the staff on site are willingly n readily to show the footages despite of accusations.

so long my $10

Comments

• Se
      20th of May, 2010

I will not buy gas from BP ever again. That said I am a resident of Crofton MD and needed to buy gas today. I went to TWO stations which I used to frequent and both had been bought out by BP. Just because you are ubiquitous doesn't mean I will buy from you. I drove a long distance before I found a gas station which was NOT BP. You people are crazy if you think this new strategy will bring you business. I would sooner stay home than buy from you!!

• Se
      20th of May, 2010

2. McDonald's (116)
    workplace harassment/intimidation
    3. ROBIN SCHULDER (50)
    puppy mill
    4. Burger King (30)
    Burger King forced me to lie to my child.
    5. Wal-Mart (28)
    8. iOffer.com (2)
    9. er solution (1)
    Latest Questions
    payout
    i want to ask ..parcel and whether there really for me
    Garden Treasure 2-person swing 206016 or 214714
    Global Domains International
    i am desperate about getting my prize

Dear user, we are in the process of optimization of our mailing list. To confirm your account, please follow the link in the message that was sent to you. If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam box.
    BP customer service Complaints - cash handling
    Review all BP customer service complaints
    BP customer service
    BP
    Brooklyn, New York

so long my $10
    Comments United States Gas Stations
    Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments Sort by: Date | Rating
    0 mins ago by Selma Goldberg 0 Votes

• Vi
      3rd of Jun, 2010
    BP customer service - Handling of My Account
    Waldorf
    Maryland
    Phone: 301-399-2099

I am sending this email to express my utter displeasure in the way my account was handled recently by your customer service department. I attempted to make a payment by phone using the automated system. I followed the instructions to the letter and spoke my tracking number and checking account number to not only make a payment (I think the bill was $72.26) but to pay over that amount but was told I could not. I eventually received a call from your customer service department that I had been charged a $39.00 returned check fee as well as a $29 late fee. I was totally puzzled and called my bank that reassured me I had plenty in my account to cover my BP bill. After being notified by BP, I attempted to make another payment (I was told by your customer service department I had given them the wrong routing number - NOT TRUE!). Again I attempted to make a payment and this time gave a customer service rep (a live voice) the same routing number and checking account number. On Jun 2, Chase Bank had the audacity to call my daughter about my account. She has nothing to do with my BP account. This time I was told I had given them the wrong account number - again NOT TRUE! I called my bank and talked to a supervisor that informed me no one from BP in the last two weeks had made an attempt to have the money taken out of my account. Again, another $39 returned fee and $29 late fee was applied. I HAVE $8000 IN OVER DRAFT PROTECTION IN MY ACCOUNT!!! I have had this BP card for 35 years! You can check. My credit score, to date, is close to 800! You can check. I do not want a $72 bill to ruin my credit score. It is a sad day that this was handled and botched so badly. After having a good relationshipship with your company for almost 35 years, I have closed my account and this experience has left a bitter taste with me. My name is Vickie Lawrence. I live at 12205 Holm Oak Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601. My BP account was 4227 6510 2139 5792. I have sent the balance of $127.00 in priority mail and it should reach your company within the next 2-3 business days. This is not how you treat a good customer!