Bob's Discount Furniture / refund

1 15 Industrial Park Rd.Niantic, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 860-739-8426

I purchased furniture from "BOB'S' that was a special order. It was delivered on 06-07-08. I immediately had to call the same day with a problem and subsecently 2 other times within 90 day's. The furniture was sent back due to defect's which could not be rectified, I.E. we no longer carry this item"LANE", to you can come in and select something different and we'll make up the difference up to 100.00 in the form of a gift card.Now I'am told that I not only can't get back the sales tax but I'm out the 130.00 for the delivery charge!THEY WERE CALLED THE SAME DAY THE FURNITURE WAS DELIVERED DUE TO A DEFECT!" Now I'm called 3 day's after the delivery telling me I must come in to input my "PIN #" so I can receive a partial payment! EXCUSE ME IT 'S FROM THE SAME ACCT.!" This was on Sunday 11-09-08., by the time I went there and returned home the "Debit part had already been credited to my acct., the same acct that was put thru as a credit by them and still no money! I tried to emaial them thru 2 different server's and the maial was returned undeliverable!? "EXCUSE ME!" His ad's state "NO PHONY GIMMICK'S JUST PURE VALUE!" He has his product back were's my money!?

Di

Comments

Pa
  11th of May, 2010

I received a cocktail table and 2 end tables in 2006. We immediately noticed small holes in the legs of the coffee table...turns out the table had bugs eating the wood. We returned the piece only to discover that the set had been discontinued. So, we've made several trips back to Bob's (a half hour drive) looking for a replacement. (They refuse to give us our money back..and we purchased the extended warranty!) Last year (2009) we finally SETTLED on another set. The men arrived to deliver the pieces. They put the pieces together on my front lawn...and the tables ended up being so cheap that the wood wasn't flush to the surrounding wood...there were also nicks and dents. SO, needless to say I had them take the tables back with them. (Come to find out those tables were also discontinued.) So here I sit after 4 years having visited the store and website on so many occasions I can't even count, with the original end tables (I needed something to hold up my lamps until the new tables come) and no coffee table. I have called numerous times and spoke with numerous people..managers, etc, only to get the same song and dance: "no refunds, only exchanges". Perhaps I should get a hold of the Better Business Bureau and an attorney!
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!