Boardparadise.com / Possible fraud

1 4361 Federal Dr. Suite 170Greensboro, NC, United States Review updated:

I ordered online and the website listed the item as in stock. I didn't receive a confirmation email or order number. Had an extremely difficult time reaching them for info on my order-#10087289-and when i did was told it was not in stock and I could not cancel even tho they had not shipped it yet, nor will they refund my money at all. They have not responded to my emails. I am afraid this is a fraudulent company.

Va

Comments

• Be
      21st of Dec, 2007

I am having the same problem... Two items were missing from my order and when I called to question when the other items would be arriving I was told one would be mailed out that week (last week) and the other was on back ordered, which was not indicated when I placed the order...I have not yet received my item, and attempted to call yesterday... The line was constantly busy, I tried the online chat, no success... Finally, I spoke to someone who advised that she was the only person answering the phone! She advised that my item would be sent out, I advised that I needed the item by 12/24 and was told that they would overnight "no charge", but I should confirm... I do not know if I will order from this site again...

• Ks
      22nd of Dec, 2007

I ordered a pair of 32 Focus boa boots from them and was sent a BROKEN boa system on one boot. I have a difficult time believing they were unaware of this problem before they sent the boots. They were difficult to get a hold of and failed to resolve the problem, I had to send the boots to th emanufacturer and are still waiting for them (2 months later). The prices seem to be low but I won't purchase from here again.

• Sr
      26th of Dec, 2007

I ordered a snowboard from them on December 17 and they guaranteed it would arrive before Christmas. First off they couldn't give me a tracking code for some bull ### reason and they told me in would arrive a different day but it didn't. I called them again but they still couldn't give me the tracking code. Also, they customer service is horrible. I had to call them over a 100 times before I actually got through to them. One time I even had to call the corporate offices to get ahold of some one. DON'T EVER BY FROM TIGHTBOARDS OR BOARDPARADISE. THEY LIE AND HAVE HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

• Br
      26th of Dec, 2007

I ordered a pair of electric goggles from tightboards.com and they didint get back to me in about 1 or 2 weeks with any information tracking info etc i then find out they didint even order it cause they had none in stock! Then after going threw sooo much bull to get in contact with them on the phone i even tried out the chat room and it didint work out for me at all now they said they would order me a new pair but the model up now they say they cant ship it till after x mas wich it already is NEVER order from tightboards horrible customer service!!!

• Th
      26th of Dec, 2007

I've been waiting for 20 days now for a pair of goggles I ordered. It was 3-5 days shipping and I can't get a hold of anyone. Never order from Tightboards EVER!

• Ri
      27th of Dec, 2007

I wish I could buy advertising space to put out the word out to everyone to not do with business with this company and its 5 or so different websites.

Just as everyone else said, they are nearly impossible to reach by phone, and do not reply to emails.

I ordered a dvd near the beginning of December, and was charged on my credit card shortly after ordering. It's now the end of the month and it has yet to ship, even after being told twice by "customer service" associates(yes, i actually talked to a human two times out of countless attempts!) that it would ship that day.
    I will now be filing a dispute with my credit card co. to hopefully get my money back. I advise all others who are in the same situation to do the same.

28th of Dec, 2007

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE! ALL THE NEGATIVE COMPLAINTS LISTED ARE INDEED 100% TRUE! I ordered 1 hat from them on 12/6 and they charged my credit card on 12/10. The website advertises that if you order by 12/17 it is guaranteed to arrive by Christmas! YEAH RIGHT! I tried the live chat crap wich you have to wait "in line" for hours for. I finally got someone online and when I expressed my feelings about their service she replied with "its being packed and shipped" and then disconnected us. I was unable to ask anymore questions! How long does it take to pack and ship 1 freakin hat? I've tried calling numerous times with no luck due to a busy tone! I spoke with someone one time and she came across as extremely helpful but I guess she fed me some bullcrap. She said that she had no idea why my item hasn't shipped and that she would personally ship it that day and include some free stickers for me. Imagine that? Nothing was sent, no emails with tracking info, no responses to my emails to them! Nothing! They suck! You have been warned! Luckily, I disputed this with my credit card and was easily credited! I suggest that all report them to the better business bureau! BBB.org

Also, be aware that these sites are through boardparadise.com
    There are like five or six different websites all affiliated with each other. The part that really sucks is that they seem to have tons and tons of products! I thought I found my new favorite site! I thought wrong!

• Ty
      29th of Dec, 2007

Do not ever shop here!! It has been 3 months and I still do not have my board pants and goggles!! I cant get ahold of anybody, they charged my credit card TWICE and when I did get ahold of the girl she said they could not refund my money but would give me a store credit. I dont want a store credit, dont charge my credit card for ### I didnt buy!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHH. So I am calling my credit card company and claiming fraud, tightboards is a total joke.

• Bl
      2nd of Jan, 2008

This place is a joke. My girlfriend and I have been ordering tons of stuff from tightboards since September and have had problems with every single item. I ordered a simple sticker from them in September and still havent recieved it here in January. I keep emailing them about it and they send me the same automated email back every single time saying that it will ship in 24-48 hours and it wont let me reply to it. Not that im upset about losing 4 dollars, just because its ridiculous that its taking them that long to send a sticker, which I know im not going to recieve now.

I didnt get half the stuff my girlfriend ordered for me for Christmas either. The same thing happened back in September where we ordered a large quantity of items and only recieved half of them even though they sent us an email confirming all items were shipped. Then once we FINALLY get ahold of these clowns, they say "oh yeah we are sorry, that stuff is all on back order" and send the same automated email saying how it will ship in 24-48 hours. Still havent got the stuff. When we ordered the Christmas stuff way back in November, only a few of the items arrived on November 30th. They said it was all shipped and delivered then, but we are still missing 4 items. We have been trying to call them for the past few days straight and its a busy signal every time. The one time I did get through, I go through the automated thing and it says to press zero to speak to an operator. Every time I do that, it just takes me back to the main menu.

Im tired of the same "Its packaged and being shipped" ### response.

This website is far good to be true. The customer service and everything else about this place is a flat out scam. We just dont know what to do now because we want the hundreds of dollars we spend refunded but its IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of anyone there and its not even worth it to email them anymore.

I cant wait to see this company get caught for fraud because its very apparent that alot of other people feel the same way. Ive NEVER had so much damn trouble with a company in my life!!! I also think its pretty sad when you go to Google and type in Tightboards, the second site that comes up is this complaint site.

• Br
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I agree with everyone else.. never order from this site. If only I did a quick google of tightboards before I made my purchase on 12/17, with expedited shipping for snowboard bindings that were a Christmas gift. I got a confirmation, but shipping info, so sent an e-mail, with no reply. I called the first time and actually got in touch with someone who said, "it has been shipped, but we don't have tracking info at this time, it will be e-mailed to you." Of course, still nothing. I eventually called American Express to dispute the charge, and to this day, 1/3, still have not received anything in the mail nor have I been able to contact their customer support. Useless company that I don't understand how they can possibly be authorized retailers for so many companies. Be leery if ordering from them and definately only do so with credit card, that way you can always refute the charge.

• Jd
      7th of Jan, 2008

To all that have complaint you are 100% RIGHT in my opinion about TIGHTBOARDS. Over the years buying on the net this is truly the most "dare I say [censored]ED UP exper1ence" I have ever had with any internet company.

Our order was placed 12/12/07 in time to be shipped for X-mas according to there sight. I started calling on the 17th, but could not reach any one till the 19th. I reached a young sounding lady that tried looking up my order by the order number that was on my email receipt. At first she was having trouble finding it, she then said she found it and said it was out of stock , but that they
    would have it the 21st, and we would have it by the 28th, and then she hung up.

Well, as like many of you the 28th came and went and as of this date 1/4/08 still no order. In fact I have not been able to contact
    them by phone (43 times) or email (21 attempts) . Just seems like they fell off the face of the earth.

We did contact are credit card company and they are crediting
    the amount back to our account.

I hope we all never have to deal with a company like this again.

• Em
      7th of Jan, 2008

Same here... i ordered flow boots... they have charged for the boots but i DONT even see anything ship yet. I cannot believe i fell on their trap. And they just dissappeared, no online help nothing...

Is there anyone lives near them so he can go and check it out WTF is going on around there..?

And worst thing is i cannot get my money back from the bank... because Tightboards must refund it back... since there is no Tightboards ...

DO NOT BUY FROM THERE.. DO NOT GO THERE..

DO SPREAD THE WORD about THEM in forums... and SAVE YOUR NET FRIEND...

• Ga
      7th of Jan, 2008

Hey, ordered a board from this company for my son for xmas as it is not stocked in the UK but guess what, nothing arrived and impossible to contact. To all International and US people ignore this company and all it's sites.

Might catch a plane and bring some English complaints in their face!!!

7th of Jan, 2008

I'm from australia and had one kinda bad experience with these guys around 6 months ago where I purchased some t-shirts online, a couple of them weren't in stock but they got back to me, aplogised and said I could either have a refund or choose another shirt, so I chose another one and they arrived quite promptly and everything was ok.

however, I placed an order early december and my CC has been charged, however, after attempting to contact them many many times since that date and like everyone else on here who has complained, have not heard a thing, nothing! I was about to try calling them then I came across this complaint board!

ANYONE WHO LIVES NEAR THESE GUYS PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PLACE!!

8th of Jan, 2008

Want your items quicker - here's a way to get their attention: I had the same problem, took months to get my order. I then did a little research and found their corporate office phone number. I called and spoke with their CEO, in which case he just transferred me to Laura their inventory control person (extention 29), however my order was shipped the same day! Their corporate office number is: 336-856-0029, CEO Josh extension #14. Good Luck!

• Lo
      8th of Jan, 2008

I think we should take leagal action against this company. I've had exactly the same issues that everyone else is listing here. No reponse, Item supposedly backordered but would ship on 12/10, no communication, can't get through to them. I've also tried calling the CEO, Josh and as you can expect, got his answering machine. Left my phone number. No repsonse as yet.

• Ni
      10th of Jan, 2008

I made exactly the same mistake.. If I'd googled them before placing the order I'd save myself a lot of hassle. I've just been trying to reach them on the phone and it is just as you list above - either busy line or operator ###. I even tried to call Josh but the answering machine stood on my way. Have sent a lot of e-mails - no results either. I am kind of desperate as I need my gear shipped immediately and I am in a much worse position as I am based in Poland. I was lured with the attractive website and a good range of products.. stay away from tightboards!

• Na
      12th of Jan, 2008

I wish I had googled the company, too! I ordered on 12/11 with plenty of time to get the gifts by Xmas. There was no way to get a hold of anyone at the company. I called, emailed and tried contacting them through their websited. My husband ended up with no gift. No one ever got back with me. Finally, I received the items just last week. I guess I should count myself lucky.

Never again will I shop through them or any of their other sites!!!!!!

• Am
      12th of Jan, 2008

My son tried to order a snow jacket, pants and goggles, at the end of the order it said running error, your order was not processed. This was part of his Christmas present. On Christmas day, I did the same thing & I said to him, try one more time. We got the same error. He tried to order one more time for a total of 4 times....still running error, your order was not processed. I called my Dicover card in January to check my balance to find, Tightboard charged my card 4 times and I never received anything. I can not get anyone on the phone. I try to contact them on the live chat & no one is ever there. I have emailed them and no one is calling me or emailing me back. I am very upset and frustrated. I now have $2,100.00 on my charge card and didn't receive anything. I hope someone helps me and refunds all my money back to my charge card!! I am telling everyone one know....DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS WEB SITE!!!!! I just hope one day someone from this company helps me.

12th of Jan, 2008

Should have googled this place. They were the cheapest on the board. Started calling to get a tracking number and got a bad feeling about the not answering the customer service phone. The twice I talked to someone I was told that it would ship that day. Called my credit card company today and it was charge the day I placed the order online. Thats a red flag when it comes to places. Come monday I'm going to do my best to get a hold of these people to cancel my order and order from someone else even if it is more expensive.