Bluegreen Resorts / they lied to us every step of the way

Blue green told us that we could sell our points and receive a check to cover our payments...in case we weren't able to ''get free'' and use our points at any given time... We make payments of 278 dollars a month and that' not counting the maintenance and tax fees... Which they didn't tell us would get higher every year... we thought that we were doing a good thing for our kids...but it's a big scam that costs so much that I'm ashamed to ''pass on to my kids''...they said we could use our points to pay maintenance fees too...and then they backed out of that ...we were talked into increasing our points so we would ''be considered more readily for bluegreen reservations''...

we had already paid off a sampler package and another ''upgrade to 8000 points... now we are fed up...!!! Can any one help us on the grounds that ''their salespeople lied to us''...????...my email is... This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it I'm a Vietnam veteran from 1968 and I need some help...!!! I really feel foolish to have entered into such an agreement but I feel we were coerced into this by slick salespeople who will tell you whatever you want to hear...

Va

Comments

17th of Apr, 2008

When buying something as expensive as a car, you need to do research NOT listen to "slick salesmen." Sounds like your money was there for the taking...

• Lo
      20th of Apr, 2008

I want a house like you have that never needs any work done on it and your property taxes never go up.
    How could you not think that MF would still the same ? who did you think were going to maintain the resorts. Come on get real and just think what you have written.
    You knew how the club worked you had the sampler package
    You can rent your points if you know someone who wants a break and is willing to rent from you all u have to do is make the reservation in their name and they pay the rental mony direct to you, but dont be silly and expect it to cover your monthly cost what it will cover is the MF.

3rd of Jun, 2008

the prior comment says it all, but remember you do have the option to sell your package for a profit. Why hold on to it? If you are so dissatisfied, get rid of it. The cost of points increase every year, which is CLEARLY explained to you in the presentation. Why wouldnt the maint. fees or taxes increase? Get real buddy. Sounds like you didnt have the backbone to say "NO" to a salesperson for something you really couldnt afford. Stop complaining and sell it to someone who can use it.

• Pe
      13th of Nov, 2008

Well if Jarvis if you know someone that wants to buy let me know because I have had 26000 points for sale ( at a heck of a discount) for 2 years with 5 different companies (some even offer financing) and have not had a nibble in that time. Blue green is not a desirable resort due to the bad publicity they well deserve. I don't even care for a profit I JUST WANT OUT!!! they lie, they deceive and cheat with no concience at all, they got their check when you purchased so they don't give a d--- what you do once you leave their property.

I am really serious to sell so send anyone interested my way PLEASE
    26000 points for $32000 that is $1.23 per point--heck of a deal

Pearl

• Ba
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Pearl i agree with you, don't listen to Joe or Jarvis they obviously either work for Bluegreen or another AWFUL timeshare company.
    We can sell the points for a profit BIG JOKE mine cost £13, 000 in total, so i am going to get that back am i ! who gave you the info you have (Bluegreen) and you have been lied too as well, but you know that don't you.

• Tr
      3rd of Nov, 2009

I have 26000 points for sale too $ 20000 or what I can get. I up graded along and now I hung with a maintence bill for the rest of my life and kid's life or I can opt out for $5000 cost to me . The problem is they have us on contract and can do what they want. so they don't want to resale just make owners pay.