Bluegreen Resort / rip off

Unfortunately we did purchase Blueegreen Resort points. We have never got to use them. We were also told that they would sell our other time shares through a place called Pinnacle. We were told that they just worked exclusively on time share reselling. What they don't tell us, is that it is listed on the internet and no human ever calls or tries to contact you, or tries to help sell your timeshare. Beware all of you. I wish I knew how to get out of it also. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is! If anyone has any thoughts or ideas please let us know.

Va

Comments

• Lo
      6th of Jun, 2008

Hi,
    The first thing you need to do is join the Bluegreen group on Yahoo here you will get answers to all your questions so please join

How many points do you have How many other TS the group will be able to give you sound advice on your options and how to use your points

Philli[

• Ta
      12th of Jan, 2009

We just joined this weekend. Is it really a ripoff? How many people have been ripped off?

• Ng
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I bought this time share in October 2008. Already they want 1, 000 dollars for the maintenance fees. I tried to schedule my vacation by exchanging my points so I could travel to Germany. I was told no telling when that would happen. I would be put on a waiting list. They told me they would call me. We will call when we find something.In the mean time they collect another 380.00 dollars for trying to make the exchange. I have given them $3, 000 dollars and they have taken 1, 200 in monthly payments.And now want $1, ooo dollars for maintenance fees for 2009. That $50.00 weekend Has cost me more than $5, 000.00 and I have only had it three months. I have seen a lot of complaints against Bluegreen.This is scam if anyone wants to join forces and go to congress so they can changed the laws that allow these people to lie to us. First join forces in Florida and expose these people and then go Nationally. Something needs to be done. This why the mortgage industry is suffering because of all these crooks.

7th of Feb, 2009

I also bought a timeshare with bluegreen and they are pulling the same stuff with me.any comments on what I should do to get rid of these people.email me at marksue@chibardun.net

• Ha
      9th of Jun, 2009

We purchased with Blue Green last September and have no complaints so far. I believe we purchased the minimum amount of points, 5, 000/year given to us biennially. Absolutely no problem booking so far, got 5 nights this June in a 2BR cabin at Shenandoah, and 6 nights next April in a 1BR at Pono Kai. Also checked on some other dates and resorts and found that La Cabana, The Fountains, and Sunshine were pretty much available whenever we wanted. Already took advantage of 2 bonus nights at Hershey and 2 at Atlantic Palace too. Of course, we look forward to vacations and have no problem making plans the maximum number of weeks/days out.
    Haven't had any problems with surprise fees either. Monthly ACH as scheduled (although we plan to pay it off sooner due to the high interest rate BG offered) and our dues & maintenance fees were waived until 2009, and were only $500 for the year.
    As for the exchange issue in the first comment, it sounds to me more like an issue with RCI since they handle exchanges. My Mom has to deal with them when exchanging her Westin Regina weeks, and has the same issue, so it's not a Bluegreen thing. Usually she is just patient and flexible and eventually gets a week where she wants. I personally had a great experience with RCI, received my free membership for the year (through Bluegreen) and booked a hot deal week in the Poconos in February for under $200 for a 3 BR. I probably won't renew when the free year is over because there are enough BG properties to keep us busy for a while without visiting some of the outdated resorts listed with RCI.
    I just can't figure out why other posters would have such problems. Could it be user error? Join one of the forums that will help you get the most out of your timeshare and enjoy it!

• Ji
      19th of Jun, 2009

I am glad you didn't have any issues. I have had nothing but issues. Five months out I should be able to get a beach resort. I was told I should never have a problem within 2 months of asking for dates. I asked for a late Sept date. nothing is vacate for 3/4 of the state of Fl. How is that possible. I am limited on days due to school schedules, work schedules and activities schedules. I told them I never know any earlier than 6months in advance when I am able to be free for a week. They promise it would never be an issue. I have had this Bluegreen week for 4yrs and have never been able to go on a vacation. It is not a user error. It is call lieing and not enough resorts for the amount they sell. I may be stupid for being so trusting. I have tried just about everything to use the weeks If you know how to "WORK IT" tell me. I truely hate wasting money and my time.

• Lo
      10th of Jul, 2009

Jillmad,
    I have just checked online and there is plenty of units in Daytona for the last week in Sept
    Join the Bluegreen group on Yahoo you will soon find out "how to use it "

• Sh
      27th of May, 2010

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
    Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.
    Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor]