Bliss Computers / Bad service

1) I was happy to find a low price screen for my laptop and I ordered it with overnight shipping. It came very fast but the screen did not work, I called right back after few tries someone picked up.And I was told to send the bad screen back and they were going to send another screen overnight, second screen didn't work either.
2)I called days after days, left messages, sent email but no answer I assumed they were in holiday break from Dec 24 to Jan2. When I got someone on the phone I was told someone will call me back, that never happened.
3) I was willing to pay everything if my the LCD screen worked fine. but neitehr of them worked and I returned them both, I was credited for one of them only then I had called again after 25 minutes of calling both of their numbers someone picked up and asked my number to call back. I refused since I know how that works. I got someone right away, she didn't know the whole scoop but finally she said she will refund the whole charges, except my returning shipping cost. Basically I wanted save money myself and give them a business at the same time, but I ended up losing money, please somebody tell me what is my fault if they don't know what part is compatible with my screen?
4)I won't make that mistake again with blisscomputers...

Ol

Comments

• Je
      23rd of Feb, 2009

This sounds like my current challenge. I will post my tale shortly, once we have reached a resolution one way or another. question...how has your situation ended?

• Il
      6th of Apr, 2009

I came across your review but my dire economic condition gave me no other choice but to give bliss a shot...i decided to give them a call before i placed my order there and to my surprise their staff was rather friendly. I got my lcd in a week which worked like a charm. they were surely life saver (more importantly it saved me MY dough..hehe). when i asked told them about this review they explained that they had the lowest price on the internet which brings in a large volume of orders..they further explained that sometimes they received a bad lot from the manufacturers which could probably would have been your problem. anyway jewlnymph..good luck with your order

• Ki
      11th of Apr, 2009

I Just got mine in today and it works great. Same exact model as the original screen, fast processing/shipping, and it was less than half the price as everyone else. Id have to admit i came across this review in skepticism but, i am completely happy with the service and the product.

• T3
      29th of May, 2009

Got my product today and it worked just perfect. I read your review before the purchase and was a bit skeptical, but being a student I did not want to put too much money on my dell laptop. So I was very glad when i received the product which was manufactured by samsung. The quality was perfect and i was up and running within 15 minutes. Looks like the product would work for some time before i purchase the new laptop. Glad that i gave a try to www.blisscomputers.net

15th of Jun, 2009

Bliss is trash - I will back my statement with my experiences. I do this everyday, and have never gotten a usable LCD from bliss, and know others that attest to my comments.

I have a friend who overheard their owner once complaining about a customer who complained about dead pixels. "Let him pay $500-$900 retail if he doesn't want one with dead pixels, I AM SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!!" but they advertize no dead pixels right in their damn ads.

I have received LCDs from them with terrible color, or with a bar down the left side of the screen. It's shameless.

I do this everyday http://tweakmy.net/rgt/

Hi,

Thank you very much for your comments. We try to give best possible experience to the customers. We are a small business and thus inspite of our best efforts there may be time when someone might not get the quality of service which we stride to provide.

Regarding the complaint on the dead pixels, we never advertise zero dead pixels. We follow the ISO 13406-2 norms which accepts maximum of 3 to 5 dead pixels in the screen.

@Rossmann: if you do not like our products, we would request not to use third parties like your friends and family members to indirectly purchase the products from us. Please don't misguide other buyers on zero dead pixel policy which we never advertise.

Thanks,

Bliss Computers
    www.blisscomputers.net

Hi,

LCDs with 1/4" black lines down the left side, dim colors, and random deformities are also not advertised.

If you would like to slander, I imagine you could find something better than the idea of buying parts from a family member while running a _family_business_.

• Ri
      16th of Jun, 2009

In my opinion . After 2 rma's myself with bliss, I also would not recommend use of this company,
    If your a small business and see your self expanding, then hire a trained person just like any other company would
    to answer your phones and return calls.
    Any way i agree with the complainant.

16th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

Yes we understand your concerns regarding the phone communication. Unfortunately in this economy we cannot hire more people or expand. We are the last warehouse left in the North Bergen which is not closed under this economic turmoil. Also, as customers demand more and more competitive prices, the margin is almost nil, thus it becomes even more difficult.

Hopefully this economy improves soon, so we might be able to expand and provide even better service. Thanks for your concerns.

Regards,

Bliss Computers

• Mr
      10th of Jul, 2009

First some feed back to Bliss, as you do all your business over the internet you have to be aware of how powerful it is. I have googled your place of business and you do not work in a warehouse district, as you imply, you work out an old 3 story apartment building in the middle of a run down residential neighborhood. And I am assuming your 128 Congress St location was your old location working out of somebody's house. Keep it real.

Based on advise from a computer geek, I was to take the screen out of my Dell and order the exact make and model. I searched the net and found a few that did not sell compatible screens. I selected browngranite, which is a front for Bliss on Ebay, because they described the screen as a new screen direct from the manufacture with no mention of compatible or substitute and the price was right. I than received a confirmation for the exact make and model I ordered. What I got was a completely different screen, it had the wrong mounting brackets, etc. I called them. Let me stop here, any complaints about the phone service is true and based on other complaints on the net, it has been going on for a long time. After finally get a tech, I was talked into trying the screen and was given procedures as to how to modify it. It did not work and in the next call I was told the inverter was bad so I ordered one, still not working. Next call, I was told the drivers needed to be up dated, still not working. The next call, they had a better quality screen that for a little more money but was quarantined to work. More money and more wait, that did not work either. I got a RMA to return the screens and did not see a refund. After a month and several emails I was then informed that I would have to remove my negative comments on Ebay before the refund would be issued. After changing my feedback to praise all I got was a refund for one screen only. I should have called the next vendor on my list, E-Smart, first. They answered the phone on the third ring, placed the order in 10 minutes and got that exact screen which worked perfect. The best part of working with E-Smart was the little giggle I got from the girl when I told her the first vendor was Bliss.

Working with these people was a complete disaster, I am self-employed and time is money. I could have bought a better brand new computer for my lost billing as a result of working with these screw ups. I got to figure any good feedback they get is by luck.

• Ra
      19th of Jul, 2009

I totally agree that Bliss BLOWS! Ordered a screen from them, did not work. Ordered another. Same problem. Response time was horrid, customer service horrible. Cost me $35.00 in shipping I could not get back and still waiting on a refund for the second monitor after a month. Steer clear of BLISS computers...

21st of Jul, 2009

Dear Randy Hisle,
    According to your return request you had same issue with original and replacemnet LCD which is bad backlight and we were informed our LCD did not light up. Both LCD had tested lamps before shipping you out. Any RMA LCD replacement shipped has tester's name and testing date printed in back of the LCD. Seems that either your laptop has EE prom chip issue or Other then LCD issue. Bad backlight can be caused becuase of non working inverter, intermittent inverter voltages or ee prom chip issue.
    Now as long as refund is concerned. We already supplied you copy of return credit transaction and you said in email you are waiting for your bank to show up in your credit card statement. Some of the banks posts credit right away and some takes week or so. You are welcome to contact me back in case if you have any credit related issues.
    T3mpl@r
    www.blisscomputers.net

• Ny
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I was thinking about ordering from Bliss, but after reading this, I think I'll spend a bit more and get my LCD from somewhere else. I was a bit skeptical based on all of the negative comments, but noticed some positives as well, and was thinking about giving them a shot. However, the most recent comment, from Bliss itself, is signed T3mpl@r...the same name as someone who gave a glowing review in his very thread.

That to me is sufficient cause for concern.

• Vi
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I am backing Bliss Computers all the way, they are in no way a shady company, I order from them this week and i have nothing but good to say to them.

This pic is Bliss computers LCD

• Vi

To NyyLeroy

Quoted from blisscomputers
    You are welcome to contact me back in case if you have any credit related issues. T3mpl@r
    _________________________________________________________________
    I think what He/She meant to say is
    You are welcome to contact me back in case if you have any credit related issues, T3mpl@r

Its a common mistake as the comma is next to the period.

and note that if it was a signature, T3mpl@r would have put it in his above post too

• Ig
      27th of Aug, 2009

As I read these comments, I can tell that Vicente, King Ben, and T3mpl@r are all the written by same person from bliss computers. Guess I won't shop there.

• To
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Sold me a bad screen.
    No one answered the phone.
    Got ahold of them via eBay and alter a lengthy process, -made me pay for return shipping. Weeks later I got a PARTIAL refund. They said the screen was fine. I'm sure it was, but not in my computer!!! Therefore, THEY LIE- it's not 100% compatible.
    I left them negative feedback on eBay, but instead of learning from their mistakes, they blocked me from further transactions!

Thanks bliss! NOT!

4th of Sep, 2009

I ordered an lcd for an Acer laptop online from Bliss on Tuesday afternoon. It is now Friday night and the exact model is in my laptop, working perfectly. The LCD was the exact model that it replaced and was $75 for a 16" Samsung screen. Other places online were asking $300! I am really impressed with the quick delivery and have nothing but praise for Bliss. (I did not have any phone contact with them and no problems so I cannot speak to their customer service).

• Bo
      6th of Nov, 2009

I just ordered and recieved a monitor for my alienware m9750. I stumbled upon this site after my order was placed and became very fearful of my purchase.. I had a couple hiccups along the way (cart messed up and created 2 orders but thankfully bliss computer sales declined one of the orders and charged me for only the one monitor), called a couple times left messages but got no response. They did however respond to my emails a few hours after I sent them and that is acceptable. Being a small business owner myself, I understand pressure and time constraints, especially in our economic situation.

Product works perfectly, was easy to install and has no dead pixels. After my initial scare, I am very satisfied with the price and timline my product was delivered. (Order mid morning 11/4 arrived mid afternoon 11/5)

• Re
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Bliss Cpmputer is cheater, plays innocene and dumb to steal your money. Do not do business with them again. I fixed my co-worker laptop that had no light on the screen. I found good price for the screen on ebay from bliss computer, i received a wide screen that never fit the lap top, even after installation i still could not see anything. I believed i was something else beside the screen, to save money on return shipping i sealed it as the way it came to me and returned it to USPS, they accepted it and wrote "RTS" and stamped " refused" on the box. Two weeks later i emailed bliss for refund i received a respond " give me tracking number i give you refund" sound as if they already knew/received the package that i do not have trackign number. Using this tactic they can claim at paypal no tracking # no refund. Beware this Bliss Computer seller. I already take the case to Connecticut Department of Comsumer Protection Agency.