Blair Rewards / Misunderstanding

I was using a coupon for free shipping at Blair and I inadvertantly signed up for the Blair Rewards Club with a monthly charge of 14.95. After reading the complaint post, I called [protected] (terms of membership at blairrewards.com) with a major attitude problem. I spoke with a rep named Elise and she was dissappointed that I wanted to cancel my membership but she did so with no hassle whatsoever. In addition, she gave me a gift code for a $20 savings on my next order with Blair. She also said I should have taken the time to review the program first and I might have found out I could have saved much more than the 14.95 per month. There is a onetime charge of $1.95 for this 30 day trial period but a person can cancel their membership at any time. So if you call BlairRewards to cancel, please be nice... they are there to help you!!

Comments

• De
      8th of Mar, 2010

While all of this may be true, from the number of complaints, it is obvious that the charges are not clearly defined. They sneak them in when you accept the coupon. I have rewards with Penney's and Elder Beerman(BonTon) and they never charge a fee, keep me updated, and provide coupons and perks without sneaking money from my credit card account. When I called to complain about the charges, they would only refund a small portion. Truth in advertising is important. These people do all kinds of things to make money and most of them are underhanded. I used to order things for my mother, and many other elderly people from her retirement home order, too. They have had all kinds of problems with their orders and are all angry. It is unfortunate that they are taking advantage of little old ladies!

14th of Apr, 2010

Yesterday for the fourth time in the past year I have received the wrong size or somebody's else order. I had ordered a pair of 2X blue pedal pushers and 2X was on the receipt that came with the pants and 2X was on the outside plastic packaging but I thought the pants looked small for a 2X and sure enough the label on the inside of the pants said large. A couple of months ago I received three articles of clothing which I had not ordered . My name was on the outside packaging and on the receipt but after calling customer service somehow they discovered they were a order for a lady in Texas. Since I live in North Carolina, I don't know how I ended up with them. Two other times I have received the wrong size but instead of sending them back, I gave them to my mother who is a large size. It is a lot of trouble to wrap the items back up and send it back plus plus although I should not be charged for shipping since it is not by fault, I do notice om my statement that although they said they will not charge me, I usually find out they have slipped a return shipping charge on my statement and so I go through another round of calls and emails. I made four calls yesterday afternoon to them because I was very upset. The first call she could not find my account although I have been doing business with them for over ten years, the second call she got upset with me because when I am upset I do tend to repeat myself and she actually hung up on me, the third call the lady said I had the wrong department and would not attempt to help me or even tramfer me, the fourth call I asked to speeak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 10 minutes or longer and no one ever picked up. I finally sent an email to them and today I received an email back that as A COURTESY TO ME THAT WOULD NOT CHARGE ME SHIPPING ONCE I SENT THE PANTS BACK. THE COURTESY PART REALLY GETS ME LIKE IT IS MY FAULT THAT THEIR PACKAGING OR SHIPPING DEPARTMENT IS SENDING ME THE WRONG SIZE. I have decided to cancel my account with Blair because I never know when I order what I am going to get. I have ordered a shirt before and got a bathrobe. I have never been offered any kind of compensation for my trouble like the lady above. They do take advantage of people and they act like it is your fault when they send you the wrong item. I give this company a "F".