Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum / Burned my carpet

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States

While using the attachments, the vacuum left a 10" x 2" burn mark on my carpet [the brush beater on this vacuum continuously rotates and is supposed to raise up when using the attachments]. In order to file a claim, they told me I must package the vacuum at my own expense (they provided a pre-paid shipping label), complete an "Incident Report", and submit 3 photographs of the affected area. Once they received the vacuum, it would go to a resolution specialist for "inspection". After that, I would be contacted about my options. I asked them for a turnaround time as I wanted to know how long I would be without a vacuum. They couldn't give me one. I had to buy a new vacuum (definitely NOT a Bissell). Good thing, because it took 16 days from the time I shipped the vacuum to the time someone contacted me. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the vacuum, and that I must have been leaning on the vacuum when using the attachments. BUT they would replace my vacuum. I got an estimate and asked for damages for my ruined carpet. They insisted carpeting depreciates. I am taking them to Small Claims Court today.

Li