Bidz.com / fraud and scam site

3-5 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Bought 3 items; a titanium ring with a diamond (fake diamond) a solid gold ring and a diamond: gold plated and fake and another ring with a fake diamonds and gold plating. I see this a lot.. they are cheap and liars and i payed too much for shipping... terrible company... and why does EVERYTHING have a 2nd chance offer even one of a kind stuff they list? Huh?

Va

Comments

• Bi
      18th of Sep, 2008

Dear Mr. Grog,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences we may have caused you. Our items are guaranteed to be 100% as described, if you receive an item(s) that is not as described you may return it for a full refund.

Our shipping policies are all disclosed on our site, along with other useful information.
    Not all items have a second chance offer, if we have more available at that time the system will award other auction participants with a second chance offer which allows you to purchase the item at the bidding price.

Bidz.com

Please feel free to contact us with any questions and concerns.

• Sk
      15th of Mar, 2009

They spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

• Sh
      29th of Mar, 2009

I was completely scammed out of any merchandise at all!!! BIDZ.COM and the seller are one and the same person, amazingly enough and I was told I had to send the money TWICE because it did not register in their system the first time. I refused and was told that I would neither receive a refund or the merchandise if I did not comply with their demand of sending it again. It's a complete and total scam outfit & I am demanding action be taken by the attorney general - there are way too many complaints out there for nothing to be done.

• Te
      6th of Apr, 2009

I have been a Bidz customer for a number of years now and have purchased approximately $40, 000 from them and have always recieved what i have purchased.All merchandise was exactly as shown and in excellant condition with no complaints what so ever.When you purchase something for a couple of dollars what do you expect to recieve something worth hundreds.Get with the program people you get what you bid on just like Ebay or any other auction site.Quite complaining and dont bid anymore if you are uncomfortable with bidding on such sites.Their return policy is clearly stated so suck it up...

• Xc
      15th of Dec, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

• Sm
      4th of Nov, 2010

I agree with tecknhard - if you pay 5$ for an item then expect it to be base.
    I've never paid less than 15$ for my items from bidz, and while I get frustrated at the auction sometimes, I have never been disappointed by the products.
    As for any complaints made by people about "overcharging" for postage, they can read about their postage policies before they purchase anything. They should be as a matter of fact.

• Za
      26th of Nov, 2010

I agree with the poster #1. Bidz.com is a big scam. I have spent hundreds of thousands dollors on them as I resell. Many of products received as fake diamond and gold plated yet I paid big amount on that. I always need to return them and bidz.com will only refund for cheap items, for expensive items they have lots of excuses to not refund you, I have to contact my Credit Card issuer to get my money back which is a pain. I am still in the middle of over USD$800 purchase not been sent. They just muck me around, the customer services are [censor]ed they lie to me so much. one time said they closed when on their website it says 24 hours. Then suddenly someone is here can call me. picked up the call, a stupid Indian woman was reading some [censor] to me. When I ask will you sort it out for me, she said you need to wait we can not help you. Useless people, should be fired. and their customer service use fake names, I knew it was the same person yet she use Oliver and josepopo or whatever names to contact me. Do not buy from them if you wanted to be scammed!!! I warn you!

• Ca
      29th of May, 2018

@Zakfred Duh. Why would they sell stuff of value cheap? Especially at a margin that you'd could resell it. So ignorant.

• Pu
      18th of Jan, 2011

i like bidz, i`ve purchased nice things from them, the only prolem i have is shipping.Its to high on jewelry and watches...I seen some speakers that was huge, shipping was only $5.95 jewelry is way higher than that.Its not fair, shipping is a rip off..some one needs to do something about this.

6th of Jul, 2011

i am new to this site i wish i had read these comments first, my bank told me about them after i rang them because biz.com are refusing to send my items and even though i have fully paid for two complete orders and they have put a three day hold on my layaways which they will then cancel and pocket the cash i have already paid they are holding my goods to ransom unless i sent them my passport, drivers licence and front/back of my credit card my bank name and bank phone number i stand to loose over a thousand dollars total cost would be over 3000. The bank has informed me not to use the site. and i never will again...a very expensive lesson ... chris (australia)

• Su
      11th of Sep, 2011

SCAM ARTIST...BIDZ.COM
    I am currently in a fight for my money back due to fraudulent advertising on their part. I purchased what was advertised as .65tcw and it actually was a worthless chip, my appraiser said it wasn't worth the $50.00 charge to appraise. Neither were the earrings. I have been getting the run around from BIDZ.com for a week now and they are telling me that I can only get "account credit" for more merchandise from them...HELLO, why would I want more fraudulently advertised junk from their business? I can not believe they had the audacity to tell me that!

Buyer BEWARE...Scams are Scams and they are one of the larger ones

• Bi
      11th of Oct, 2011

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Bidz.com and we apologize you were not satisfied. We would like to address couple issues mentioned in your post and provide explanation.

Fraudulent advertising:

To get an accurate appraisal for a jewelry piece you would need to go to a certified gemologist and not just any random jewelry store because you a risking getting inaccurate estimate from uncertified person. We have had cases in the past when jewelers ( not certified gemologist) would appraise our merchandise at less than what it was worth and try to lure the customer into selling it to them. These jewelers sometimes use scare tactics and advise the customer that the item they bought is very poor quality and the customer would not be able to resell it anywhere else if they wanted to. After purchasing the merchandise from our customers, they would turn around and resell it for a higher price…

Account credit:

Bidz.com has a return policy of 30 days money back guaranteed, doesn’t matter what the reason is. In some cases however, we try to satisfy our customers by “bending” the rules of our policy and offer store credit as a refund for the items returned past the 30 days, which we assume is what happened here also. We can give you more accurate information if you could provide your username and order number at improvements@bidz.com.

We will be more than happy to assist you further in clarifying any issue or concern you might have because we are a problem solving team where your problem is our problem!

• Pe
      29th of Jul, 2014

I bought a ring from Bidz.com on May 25, the ring in was not what I expected so I attempted to return it. However the website was then mysteriously under construction. Shortly after it was no longer showing under construction and still under the 30 days allowed for return i again tried to return it. NOw two months later I still can not get a hold of anyone from that company to return the ring. I thing it is fraudulent, BIdz.com. Do NOT BUY FROM BIDZ you are better off going to your local pawn shop and bargaining for a lower price.

• Ca
      13th of Apr, 2018

I am from Australia and I too have been caught up in Bidz handling of my orders. I have placed eight orders since 19/11/17 up to 24/3/18 and have sent numerous emails to Customer Service. They emailed me back on at least two occasions to say that were checking on my orders. When it was dragging on too long I then decided to cancel orders which they said by email that it had been initiated to cancel said orders and money to go back into my bank account that was well over a month ago. They then said by email for me to contact my Bank to get them to get my money back into my account. Since that email 10 days ago I have tried on two occasions to email them again, this time they have not/or will not get back to me. I out of pocket A$1624-86. People in all countries do not deal with them. They have taken my money under false pretences. Judging by other comments on this page Bidz cannot be trusted. Stay well clear of them and I cannot stress that any more strongly than I have done WATCH OUT ON BIDZ DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

• Pe
      17th of May, 2018

When you ask for style, always ask for more as quality should correspond with the style. Here id bidz.com not only the prices are amazing, but also quality is much more than o’kay. You get possibility to purchase brand names at stunning prices, and they sent you also certificates of approval.

Expensive! But also good! And the fact that they put an additional mirror in the box was a pleasant fact of giving attention to customers. !if some jewelry sellers don’t have customers in their dusty shops, those are their problems. We choose bidding online.

• Sc
      21st of May, 2018

Fabulous products! Some goods look gorgeous! I got my first watches from Bids! Mathey-Tissot Classic, Item #265315434. I am very delighted with how it looks, and I am really grateful for fast delivery and great service. Some customers complained about old batteries or so, but my watch is absolutely alright. Bidz merchandise is really good.

• Yo
      23rd of May, 2018

I bought many pieces of jewelry from here. I am convinced the price responds the quality. I like how the site works. I mean automatic bids. This auction is good! First time I had difficulties with understanding rules of bidding but now it is easy.
    I love the way every item is shown with all the tiniest details listed there.
    I placed my first order about half a year ago. I was waiting for my stuff for about 3 weeks. I got my ring and it was exactly my size!
    Last time I ordered from Bidz they informed me that the item was not available in the warehouse, in one week I got the full refund. Frustraiting, yes, but honest, and it was a quick respond from the customer service.
    I am satisfied with the customer and retail policy in Bidz. I will use this company again.

• De
      29th of May, 2018

It is highly important to know what exactly you are waiting for! If you want great watches or diamonds, you can have really high expectations for not so pricy things. O’kay, as the product description and photos are always very accurate in Bidz, I even risked spending USD 2000 once. I spent money for jewelry, of cause, with natural gem stones and made of platinum. It took a big courage for me cause my friends told me it was a venture and a scaaaam. To their big surprise and, probably, huge disappointment, I got those two pricy things in an excellent shape! Thanks to Staff members, and all my best thoughts I am sending to you, for great deals and plenty of really qualitive things to buy!