Bharti Airtel Postpaid Mobile Connection — no refund of security deposit since past 7 months
I am a resident of Suvarnabaug Colony in Kothrud, Pune. In last November I fell pray to the hard selling by Airtel's salesman who came to my residence informing me that Airtel had planned to install a tower near my apartment building which will ensure excellent signal quality. He offered an attractive scheme and I believed him since I had never experienced Airtel before. I bought the connection for my wife by paying Security Deposit of Rs. 500/- which was refundable after three months.
My wife used the number [protected] for close to three months during which time most often her mobile could not be reached though she was mostly at home. This was due to poor quality of signal. She could also not make any calls during this time and got really frustrated with Airtel service. In spite of her repeatedly calling Airtel Call Centre for assistance, the situation never improved and finally we disconnected the number in Febraury 2009.
My wife had asked them to adjust the bill amounts in the security deposit and refund the balance. We were asked to pay the last bill and were assured that the SD will be refunded by cheque which will be delivered to our residence address. Accordingly we paid the last bill amount of Rs. 276 on 12th Febraury 2009.
It has been over 7 months and we have paid several visits to Airtel outlet on Karve Road. The Airtel outlet does not take any responsibility and we are required to call their toll free number from the outlet where we speak with some faceless call centre employee who assures us that the refund cheque will be definitely sent in about 10 days - this has happened 2-3 times, yet we have not received the refund amount.
Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, if you ever read the complaints and really think you want to make a world class Telecom company, I am sorry to say that you have miles to go to even make it an India class company - your staff is pathetic in communication and apathetic to the customer. My sincere advice toyou is - Drop MTN and focus first on serving India better.
More Bharti Airtel Postpaid Mobile Connection Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Airtel - refund of money through dd 
- Airtel - screw the airtel 
- Airtel - extortion of money
- Airtel Call Home - "india one" is not 1 cent per minute. its a fraud 
- [Resolved] Airtel - high billing on data usage and non information of exceeding account limit