[Resolved] Bharti Airtel / airtel 4g plans and false promises

At first when these 4g services struck India (thanks to jio) people started to buy/port their numbers to jio. Due to high network coverage and fallback options I decided to port to airtel from bsnl (dated 14th june 2017). I own a 4g handset thus my first 4g recharge was Rs. 348 for which they promised 1gb data/day and unlimited calls for 28 days. Let me get into the hidden facts which many airtel prepaid customers dont know, i.e. 500 mb day time and 500 mb night in all of their 1gb/day plan. And also free calls limited to 20 hrs/month. Thus this Rs 348 and 399 offers do not provide "unlimited free calls" as promised. Soon after my first 1gb data got over, they denied to provide remaining data saying that this offer is not valid on my number!! I complained to the customer care ppl, I got 3 different info from 3 different staffs. First one told me the plan is active and will take an hour to get activated. Second one accused me of not filing a complaint. I mean wt[censored] How will a customer know about hidden policies?? Finally the third guy asked me to wait for 48 hrs untill he sorts my problem. So no internet for 2 days. The point I am trying to make here is that even a customer who is new to Airtel service is misguided and promised falsely (first impression). I really couldnt imagine 280million customer mark that airtel has. This is a false service provider filled with false promises. Indeed airtel is an open network(open in cheating). One thing that every airtel customer needs to do is fight to get what is theirs.

• Resolution statement

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Jun 27, 2017

Dear Ganesh,

This is with reference to your post, dated 20 June 2017.

We are keen to resolve your concern; however, we will require your alternate contact number and convenient time to call for resolving your concern effectively.

We look forward to receive the required details.

Regards,

Rakesh Kumar
    airtel presence (airtel Customer, service team)
    bhartiairtel ltd

Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence