Bharati Airtel Ltd / landline blocked for 3 months

1 India Review updated:

I am a subscriber of your landline and internet services since October 2007.
The landline and internet services had been disconnected on feb 25, 2008 after paying the outstanding payments.I contacted the customer service centre but they were not able to give me the exact reason as to why the landline had been disconnected.After a few weeks the internet connection had been reinstated but the landline is still not working.
My mother passed away on april 12, 2008 and that is the time when i needed the connection badly.Despite placing hundreds of complaints no action has been taken till date but i'm getting the bills regularly.I have never experienced such horrible service.
Please tell me whether you will take any immediate action in this regard or whether i have to look for other alternatives.
Regards
Jeena Jacob

Comments

• Pr
      19th of Jan, 2007
    Bharati Airtel Ltd - They stole my mobile phone worth thousands
    India

I have filed in the form on 9th Jan 2007 for getting broadband connection. The executive was following every 1 hour till I fill in the form. I filled in the form once the executive told me that they can provide a connection and it is available. After filling the form, I have heard back from the executive, also I have to call him everyday. Now I get reluctant answers saying that it will take time. They have deposited the cheque for registration and hence giving the reluctant answers and sometimes no answers.

Moreover they stole my mobile phone worth thousands when they came to home for wiring. Is there feedback form available and I would like to lodge a police complaint because they took the sim card from the phone and yet to give it back. The executive name was Madhavan and his mobile number is 9940184338. Its pain to know that it will take time for the connection, they say it may take months.

Pradeep

• Ta
      25th of Jan, 2007

Its really sad to hear your situation. I thought Airtel was cheating and stealing money from our accounts using technology. But now from your case its shocking to hear that their employees have gone to the extent of even stealing things from their customer's places! Do register a police complaint and also send emails to the chairman and CEO of Airtel about their employee's behavior. Don't delay in filing a police complaint.

• Pa
      14th of Sep, 2007

I AM VERY SORRY TO SAY THAT I DIDN'T KNEW THAT AIRTEL IS SUCH A UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY , I CALLED UR CUSTOMER CARE ON 8TH SEPTEMBER FOR 3-4 NEW CONNECTIONS FOR DIFFERENT ADDRESSES AS I ALREADY HAVE UR AIRTEL CONNECTION NO. 0124-4078412 AVD I GOT THE REQUEST NO. 686255 & WAS TOLD THAT SOMEBODY WILL CONTACT WITHIN 48 HOURS BUT THERE WAS NOT ANY RESPONSE FROM UR SIDE AND I AGAIN CALLED UP ON 12TH SEPTEMBER AGAIN AND WAS AGAIN GIVEN THE REQUEST NO. 1452892 WITH THE SURETY THAT SOMEBODY WILL DEFINITELY CALL BY NEXT DAY BY 11.00AM . BUT AGAIN IT WAS THE SAME AND I CALLED UP AGAIN NEXT DAY AND I TOLD TO TRANSFER THE PHONE TO SOMEONE SENIOR EXECUTIVE TO WHOM I CAN TALK AND THE CALL WAS TRANSFERED TO SOMEONE MS GUNJAN WHO WAS FLOOR MANAGER AT THAT TIME AND SHE PROMISED ME THAT SHE WILL CALL ME BACK AFTER LOOKING INTO THE MATTER WITHIN HALF AN HOUR BUT I THINK SHE WAS SO BUSY THAT SHE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO GIVE A CALL BACK . I THINK U PEOPLE ARE SO MUCH OVERLOADED THAT U DON'T REQUIRE ANY BUSINESS ANY MORE. AFTER THAT I CALLED UP AGAIN AFTER 2 HOURS AND WAS TOLD THAT GUNJAN HAS LEFT FOR THE DAY AND SOMEONE CHETNA WAS ON LINE AGAIN GIVING SURETY FOR CALLING ME BACK. NOW IT IS 14TH SEPT 10.20PM AND I HAVE NOT RCD ANY CALL AS YET. I M SO MUCH DISGUSTED WITH THE BEHAVIOUR OF YOUR PEOPLE . I THINK THAT NOW EVERYTHING IS CHANGED LIKE EARLIER IT WAS SAID THAT CUSTOMER IS GOD BUT NOW WE SHOULD SAY THAT AIRTEL IS GOD . REALLY I M HAVING ATLEAST 7-8 CONNECTIONS OF AIRTEL IN MY HOME AND I WANT TO SURRENDER ALL OF UR CONNECTIONS. AND BSNL IS FAR FAR BETTER THAN U PEOPLE.

RITESH MALIK
    PANKAJ MALIK

• Az
      12th of May, 2009

TO,
    THE AITEL
    SUB: DISCONNECTION OF BROADBAND SERVICE.
    SIR I AZAM KHAN, D 1/6 SECTOR:H JANKIPURAM LUCKNOW, WANT TO DISCONNECT THE BROADBAND SERVICE DUE TO THE RELOCATION .SO DISCONNECT THE SERVICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

YOUR'S SINCEARLY