Better Homes and Gardens — defective product
I purchased the "Better Homes and Gardens Teal Medallion 16 Piece Dinnerware Set, Dark Teal" in February 2017, and began using it in July 2017.
The dishes have been used very lightly over the past 4.5 months:
~I am a single woman, 65 years old, and only rarely entertain dinner guests.
~I do not have a dishwasher, so all dinnerware is washed by hand.
~I'm vegan, so I don't use sharp knives to saw away at pieces of meat.
And yet, soon after I began using the dinnerware, the large platters began to show white scratch marks across the solid-colored central portion of the plates. More recently, dark blue lines have appeared. (See attached photo.)
A few days ago one of the platters has cracked after I placed it in a 250-degree oven to warm it--even though the set is sold as one that tolerates a 400-degree oven.
I'm extremely disappointed that a Better Homes and Gardens product has proven to be of such poor quality. Please provide a refund or replacement.
More Better Homes and Gardens Complaints & Reviews
- Better Homes and Gardens - request for replacement parts (not a complaint) 
- Better Homes and Gardens - never received nor ordered subscriptions 
- Better Homes and Gardens - not receiving subscription and cookbook 
- Better Homes and Gardens - subscription 
- Better Homes & Gardens - Poor customer service 
- Better Homes and Gardens - fluffy blanket twin ivory
- Better Homes & Gardens - on magazine, better homes & gardens - not a complaint, a question
- Better Homes and Gardens - magazine subscription
- Better Homes and Gardens - bh1809259918 replacement parts for 11ft offset umbrella
- Better Homes and Gardens - issue with a claim submitted but never received the refund - request sent 1/18/18