Bestbuyeyeglasses.com / Steer clear

This is a total sham of an outfit. Like most people when you can save a buck your interest is peaked.

They sell discount eyewear for a reason. The frames look like they came from a dollar store, and the lenses are even worse. I ordered a pair of RayBan frames with progressive lenses, transitions, plastic lenses for safety, and the kicker the SCRATCH PROOF coating. Not a cheap package.

Only using hot water and a eyeglass cleaning cloth has made the lenses look as though I used steel wool on them. The frames look as though the logo should say RayPan denoting a cheap knockoff. I contacted the company and received an email telling me about their return policy. Seems more like a money grab on the 2nd run policy. They would replace the faulty lenses (their fault) at a cost of 50% of the original purchase price. I always like to pay for merchandise twice just to have the opportunity to see if they will get it right the second time. I need to get new lenses in my glasses, but this time I will use common sense and pay a reputable optometrist in my own town to do the job.

I rate them a 1 out of 10 in all categories and highly reccomend not getting duped as I did. I see now on the net that a little research on my part would have showed me this. Ah yes hindsight rears it's ugly head again.

Jo

Comments

• Cu
      Oct 01, 2010

All products purchased from our company come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. All Rx lenses come with a scratch resistant coating, as there is no such thing as “SRATCH PROOF”. Please note that there is a difference of normal wear and tear vs damaged by misuse. The warranty only covers manufacturer defects. The longevity of the lenses relies solely on the customers’ care for the lenses. As courtesy, if the product is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, then we extend a 50% discount on all Rx lenses with a 12 month period. Our company recommends that if a customer believes that their item is defective or covered under this warranty that they sent the product to us for inspection. Please be advised that all of our products are 100% authentic as we work directly with the manufacturers. If a customer has any doubt, they are able to contact the manufacturer themselves to verify and register their products as well as confirm the validity of our contracts with them. – Thank you – Bestbuyeyeglasses.com