Beck's Furniture / Non Payment of Free Groceries offer

Rancho Cordova, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916-353-5000

In Feb of 2009 I purchased a Mattress & Box spring from Beck's Furniture in Rancho Cordova, CA while they were running a "Spend over $1000.00 and recieve $500.00 in Free Groceries" promotion. I paid in full at the time of purchase and enrolled in the promotional program, fulfilled all of their Entry Requirements and began sending in my grocery receipts in accordance with the guidelines of the program. Neraly 5 month's went by and I had not recieved a single reimbursement based on what I submitted. When I notified Beck's of this I was told that the company they contracted with had filed for bankruptcy and they were now contracting with another company to fulfill their commited obligation. I once again enrolled with their new contractor, fulfilling all of the Entry Requirements and was told my account was opened (I had to submit 2 times due to their Clerical Error which cost me another $15.00 to send it Registered Mail). I again began to submit my grocery receipts for reimbursement and stillhave yet to recieve any correspondence from either company. When I contacted Beck's to inquire once again I was told I would be contacted by Customer Service but I cannot get anyone to return my calls. I cannot be the only person whom entered into this agreement with this company and frankly their attention to this matter borders on FRAUDULENT.

I would like to file complaints about their complete disregard and fraudulent activity and plan on seeking legal action against them to rectify the situation. William C. Venlos [protected]

More Beck's Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      10th of Feb, 2010

I had the EXACT same experience with Beck's on Madison Ave. I could also get nothing out of customer service and have filed a complaint with the BBB. I suggest that all the victims from this insulting "special offer" also file.

• Tc
      26th of Feb, 2010

I purchased 4 twin beds and a queen size bed back in March of 2009 which cost us over $1700. Honestly we only went to Becks because of the free grocery offer. It was a nice incentive, i though. I started submitting my first receipts May of 2009. Did everything I was asked to do and never received anything. I am irate at the fact that Becks had the nerve to send me a letter saying they were going to give me a 20% discount on my next purchase from Becks. What the heck! So now I have to spend another $2500 just to get my $500?? I dont think so. There has to be something that we can do about this. Is there a class action suit being filed? I would love to join in. Any suggestion?

• Wg
      15th of Mar, 2010

Please keep on top of your complaints! If anyone is in touch with a class action lawyer, I am interested! I have been in contact with the BBB, Dept. of consumer affairs and the Federal Trade Commission. I am currently researching who else to call. THEY NEED TO STOP! They are now trying to get me to settle for another grocery coupon company- #3---I don't think so!

• Jp
      27th of Jun, 2010

Count me in on this class action as well. They always have these scams...going out of business sales...free groceries... etc. False marketing and misrepresentation!