Bcbg Max Azria - Online Purchase / No Refunds or Replacements For Manufacturing Defectds

I purchased a dress from BCBG Max Azria's online store. The dress had care instructions sewn into the lining stating that the dress was to be machine washed, tumble dried and ironed. When I cold washed the dress it shrunk dramatically. I spoke with Customer Services and emailed them and I was informed by the CS Manager that the dress had had the wrong care instructions stitched in, but she would not exchange it because it stated on the website that it was dry clean only. Obviously I do not check websites when doing laundry, I use the care instructions on the clothing. They passed the issue to Operations who instructed Customer Service that they were not to give a replacement or take any further action and that they were not allowed to tell me why. I believe this may be because it was more than one dress that has this fault and they are concerned about having to replace or refund a large number of dresses. I am currently researching consumer regulations and laws to see if I have any legal recourse to resolve the issue.