BBG Communications / Unathourized charge

I'm U.S. Navy and recently made a pay phone call while in port in the western pacific islands. The pay phone would only accept a credit card and gave no rates or company name at all. I took a $30 charge for a 15 min call and wrote it off as 'should have known better'. However, a month later i find $76 charged to my card from this BBG Communications for no apparent reason at all. I'm still in the process of trying to get my money back and will most likely have to cancel my card just to keep them from continuing to charge me without using thier services at all. Watch out for these guys. They're a bunch of crooks.

Sh

Comments

Va
  3rd of Sep, 2008
Bbg Communications - Beware
bbgusa.com

I also called my family in China on 31 AUG from Changi Airport, Singapore. I did not buy the phone card thinking that that might be expensive as I might not have used up all the credits in the phone card. So preferred to use my Gold Visa Card. Just checked the account and to my surprise the total bill charged to my account is about US$80. Talk time would have been hardly 2-3 minutes.

Ze
  5th of Sep, 2008

I got a call from my credit card company questioning a charge of $36.00 and and additional charge of $0.95 by BBG communications. I made the call from Singapore airport just last Friday trusting that there wouldn't be any issue in making a call from a pay phone that is at an airport. My call was to my family advising of flight delay and would have been no more than 25 seconds.
So now that there are so many complaints about them, is anything happening?? No point complaining if no one is taking action!

An
  7th of Nov, 2008

I had the same issue on calling from an airport phone in Athens to Australia...the call was less than a minute and the charge was $41 AUD!!

Criminal...no way of redressing this as my credit card gave no details of the company but I assume it must have been BBG.
Extremely annoying and I am surprised they are allowed to continue this practice.

Ca
  22nd of Nov, 2008

We stayed at Villa del Palmar in room 1523 from Nov.1-Nov. 8, 2008. Since we did not
have any service on our cell phones, our daughter, Madeline LaFond, made four very short phone calls from our room to the state of Washington (USA) using her own Visa credit card. There was no explanation or listing of fees charged by BBG Communications-the telephone system you use for internation calls-available to read at that time. She later received an incredible billing from BBG of $205.00 (TWO HUNDRED FIVE DOLLARS USA!) for what was a TOTAL of ONLY TEN MINUTES and FORTY SECONDS of phone time! She is currently contesting this bill with VISA as well as filing a complaint against BBG Communications for their outrageous fees.

Our Internet research on BBG shows numerous complaints against their fraudulent billing practices. Our daughter was forced to cancel her Visa account and get a new one
after learning that BBG often continues to use customer account numbers to make
further bogus charges! Besides making a formal complaint with the Villa Del Palmar
for using such a communications system as BBG, we request that you forward this
complaint to BBG COMMUINCATIONS itself so that we may work towards a more
reasonable billing.

Ni
  28th of Dec, 2009

From Franch to India from BBG worth 160$ for less than 5 mins. I am really mad at them. Thats not easy money guys.

Help me out. Frauds they are.

Ta
  12th of Feb, 2010
Bbg Communications - overcharge
France

I have been charged AUD 77, 00 for a 2/3 minutes call in a payphone in Paris to a french mobile number. Thats abusive.

Ka
  30th of Jun, 2010

They got me at Amsterdam Schiphol airport a 2 minute collect call to the usa for 42 usd!!:-( It is a scam and I wonder how much Schiphol airport is making from those collect and credit card calls!! It a company with a very bad reputation see wiki Amsterdam travel they have phones all over Amsterdam ...

Ki
  27th of Aug, 2010

I was caught out phoning home (England) whilst volunteering in France using my credit card in a pay phone- £65 for 5 mins. It's an absolute disgrace and I hope they get their come-uppance!

In
  6th of Sep, 2010

The BBG/ Faircall/ International Satellite Communications scam must be stopped
John Mattes here at Investigativeguy.com .We are talking to consumers around the globe and asking for details of how they got scammed by BBG./ International SatelliteCommunications /faircall ... so we can take action. The scam has gone on for at least 5 years at hotels and pay phones all over the world.If enough consumers stand up we can end the scam .Write giving us details of how they scammed you. Send to investigativeguy@gmail.com
See all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

I-guy

Ka
  21st of Sep, 2010

Guys, the same thing happened to me. We were in the Bahamas and I did ask what the cost was per minute. I got charged $41.00 three times. I called my credit card and was basically told to get lost. I went to the Better Business Bureau - filed a report, took about 3 weeks and now my refund should come within the next 2 weeks.
Mybank was / is crap. They said I made the calls and they didn't want to get in a he said - she said argument (because the 'international operator' told met he price). Guys- you need to file complaints. We all have to say something it can't be that people let themselves get ripped off. You have to say no. Its not okay to do this to us.

Lu
  11th of Jan, 2011

I just came back from Hannover, Germany and without knowing how much of a ripp off it would be, i used their services... One day, i was having a problem using my debit card for my call. I had to try inserting my card 3 times before i finally got somebody' help. I was told by BBG my credit card did not work and was asked if i wanted to use another one. Come to find out, every time my card was rejected, i was getting charged $45 just for trying to connect. Fortunately my bank had blocked my debit card because of suspicious charges from BBG. Today i just received a credit card statement with a $ 98.80 ~ 20 minutes phone call to the USA !!! Seriously ???? $100.00 for 20 minutes????? How can this happen????? Something needs to be done. The rates are nowhere to be seen when you use one of their phone...Please pass on the word about BBG...They need to be stopped. HUGE RIPP OFF !!!

Bo
  6th of May, 2011

Check out the regulators and ask if it is legal not posting rate info
The EU website for consumer complains

Jo
  11th of Jun, 2011
Bbg Communications - over charge of my phone call
El Salvador

I tried to make a phone call form a public telephone in El salvador Airport to Costa Rica.
The phone call was not answer but even though i get charged 49.10 usd in my credit card.

Yv
  31st of Aug, 2011

I called my mum on her birthday from a pay phone in France to the UK, a 5 minute call cost £68

Pr
  27th of May, 2014

Hi,
The same thing happened to me. Please do let me know if any of the complaints were resolved and money recovered?

Regards,
Prateek

Gm
  13th of Apr, 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to report you that I have unauthorized money deduction from credit card by BBG Communications.

I used payphone Booth on 10th April '16 . I found they deducted $200 for two calls.

Kindly investigate this and take necessary action to prevent happening same again.