Bath and Body Works / coupon mess up

1 CO, United States Review updated:

Well I had a 'Get a free item with any $10 purchase' Coupon, and to make up the $1o I got 3 travel sized items at $5 each, put there is a deal for 3 for $10, so I got those. I did not bring the free item I was going to choose up to the checkout counter, and the cashier redeemed my coupon and said that 2 of the things totaled up to $10 and I get the 3rd one free, but really the deal is 3 for $10 on travel sized items, then I was going to get a full-sized lotion for my free item. I was guessing the cashier was new, despite the fact that she was not aware of the travel sized deal, and I had to show her all the signs and it took her 10 minutes to realize and let me go get a free item! It really bugged me!

Comments

• De
      26th of Dec, 2010

I just had an issue with their $10 off of $40 purchase online. My purchase totaled exactly $40 and it took the $10 off, but after the order was processed, a screen popped up saying two of the items were no longer available. When I hit the button to complete the order, the total was for a little over $38, but then after the thing popped up saying the two items weren't available, it was close to $48 and that's what they charged my card. Because the items weren't available, my total was under $40 and I didn't get the $10 off. This is not right at all. The only reason I spent that much was because I had the $10 off coupon. Every other site tells you before processing your order if an item is no longer available, but they do not. Had I known it wasn't available, I would have picked out other things to make the order over $40. I called them to complain and was told there was nothing they could do about it & that they couldn't cancel the order. I've spend a lot of money with them over the years and will NEVER shop with them again, either online or in the store, after this.

• Lb
      14th of Apr, 2011

The cashier should have known what the sale was for the travel sized items, but why wouldnt you take the free item to the cash register? They would have just made you get out of line to get the free item anyways...