Bassett Furniture Direct / poor after sale service!

1 United States

Bassett Furniture Direct
Inferior goods & services

I purchased a bedroom set for $4755.08 April 1, 2007. When they delivered my furniture 1 piece was damaged beyond repair. I immediately contacted the Basset Furniture Direct store I purchased from to get a replacement piece. Carmen, the person we dealt with said her computer would not allow her to forward the pictures we sent by e-mail. She didn't seen very concerned or anxious to fix the situation.It took us taking a dvd of damage to the store to be forwarded before they did anything. The burden was totally on us.

Several weeks went by. The replacement piece they shipped was unacceptable to us. It was scratched on both ends & along the top. It also was crushed on the corners; it was very obvious that this was a damaged floor sample. WE REFUSED DELIVERY. Basset Furniture Direct has repaired this piece & is expecting us to take delivery sometime next week.

I requested a credit for this floor sample & was told unequivocally NO. I paid for NEW furniture, I expect NEW furniture. I contacted Bassett corporate to intervene, they said this location was operated by an independent owner/operator. Funny, every time in interact with the furniture store they tell me all decisions are made by the factory. Besides taking my money, what are their obligations to ME the CUSTOMER?

I have very little faith that this replacement piece will be acceptable to me! They have already told me that there is nothing wrong with it although they have not seen it.

Joni Johnson