Bassett Furniture / unfinished work

I purchased Furniture from Bassett Furniture the wood is already rotting away and half the wood is not even stained and if it is stained it's all different colors stains. Also there looks like they cliped out pieces of the wood on some of the furniture where it should be totally flat and smooth and there are indents of circles also in the wood that should not be there at all. Now I have to spend my own money to get all the mistakes they made taken care of because they are unwilling to do so. The Bsssett people are very rude too.

Comments

• Th
      6th of Feb, 2008

More than rude! I will not be quiet Bassett people! Your product, your people, your stores are all a joke. What happened to peoples rights? I think we should all ban together and slap a nice law suit on them.

• So
      19th of Jun, 2009

They a are rude. I waited 2 months for a sofa that I liked the style of the sofa on the floor and I picked the fabric for an upholstery sofa. No one told that it would be a slipcover sofa. once arrived the sofa I am ashamed of it.I fits badly and the wrinkles will never come out. I asked them to come and look they sent someone to take a picture and then informed me that the sofa was made that way and they had told me it would be a slipcover. nothing on my bill said anything about a slipcpver and I would not have payed $1259.00 for a slipc0ver/ I ordered March 27, 2009 and payed in full by check to be told by a so called reputable company that they would not take the sofa back. I am sorry I did not check there record before purchasing

25th of Jul, 2010

I HAVE DOCUMENTED MY COMMENTS REGARDING 2 ROOMS OF FURNITURE RECEIVED FROM BASSETT FURNITURE OF STOUGHTON MA. MY LAST CALL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS PASSED TO THE STORE'S MANAGER WHO OPENED THE CONVERSATION WITH THE FACT HE WAS ANGRY ABOUT MY PREVIOUS RETURN, THAT HE HAD BEEN WONDERFUL TO ME, THE CUSTOMER. HE WOULD NOT LET ME SPEEK. WHEN I DID SPEEK HE ASKED ME TO BE QUIET, SAID HE WAS GOING TO HANG UP AND FOR ME TO CALL HIM BACK IN ONE HR. I WAS RELAYING OUR CONVERSATION TO MY HUSBAND AS IT WAS HAPPENING. I HANDED THE PHONE TO MY HUSBAND, HE DID SHUT UP AND LISTEN. THIS MANAGER HAS ZERO CUSTOMER SKILLS AND DOES NOT CARE, HE ALSO INSULTED ME BY SAYING THAT I WAS A CHILD AND THAT I HAD PURCHASED SOME SALE ITEMS, YES, SOME CHAIRS WERE, FOR DESIGN PURPOSES ON SALE BUT I DID PAY TO HAVE THEM CUSTOMIZED. I MYSELF AM A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL WITH AN ADVANCED DEGREE. MY ONLY RECOURSE IS TO SPREAD THE WORD.