Barnette's Remanufactured Engines — Warranty NOT honored by Barnette's
We purchased a remanufactured engine from Barnette's on July 7, 2010 for a 1989 Supra. With the purchase we also upgraded to Barnette's metal reinforced head gasket and stud kit since our old engine had blown a head gasket with the standard Toyota supplied parts. We wanted the best quality parts we could buy.
However in May 2011 the intake gasket provided by Barnette's with the remanufactured engine failed and when it was removed during service we saw that it was of inferior quality to the Toyota part. I called to submit a claim against the warranty and was told by Barnette's representative Steve that anything that bolts onto the engine (even though supplied by Barnette's) is not covered under the warranty. I asked him to direct me to that clause under warranty exceptions and he could not.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Chesapeake, VAHe also stated that because we had proceeded with the repair without contacting Barnette's, we had violated the warranty.
At that point I concluded that Barnette's is not willing to honor their warranty. The claim is for 6 hours of labor (6 x $55 = $330) plus the cost of the better quality Toyota intake gasket parts ($50). Not a lot of money and we can afford to pay.
Note, this car is used for commuting only (not racing) and is carefully maintained by a seasoned mechanic at our local Toyota dealership. Failure of the Barnette's supplied intake gasket is a reflection of its quality only.
This complaint is submitted as a courtesy to other potential buyers from Barnette's. If the warranty is important to you, please factor this complaint into your purchasing decision.
More Barnette's Remanufactured Engines Complaints & Reviews
- Barnette's Remanufactured Engines - Engine rebuild ripoff 
- Barnette's Remanufactured Engines - Misleading Customers / Very Dirty Shop! 
- Barnette's Remanufactured Engines - Faulty Engine 
- Barnette's Remanufactured Engines - Time of completion, customer service 
- Barnette's Remanufactured Engines - Delivery - Misrepresentation
- barnettes engines - Product liability 
- Barnettes Remanufactured Engines - Warranty / ripoff
- Barnette's Engines - Paid $5000 dont even have original engine 
- Barnette's Engines - Remanufactured Engine
- Barnette's Remanufactured Engines & Automotive Machine Shop - Engine