Barnes And Noble, Tucson, AZ / loud obnoxious christmas music

1 Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:

Today I went into barnes and noble on broadway in tucson looking for an art book I saw there last time I was there. There was loud christmas music playing, the hollywood mafia screaming about how the lord is king, etcetera. Man, I couldn't stand it! I was looking through the titles trying to find the book, and this horrible white christian male culture was screaming at me. If I wanted to go to a christian church, i'd go to a christian church, but since i'm a buddhist I don't do that. How would christians feel if buddhists or muslims or whatever were to scream their religion at them for a month and a half every year? If americans want to bathe themselves in religious monarchy, move to another country! Here, we don't like monarchy, and that means real americans don't like christianity dressed up like england or saudi arabia. Jesus wasn't a prince, but just a man, and his big white father in the sky doesn't exist, only his real one.

I complained to the service desk when I left, and of course, the guy made faces at me. If ignorance is the presumed status quo in america, well then, what does that say about the kind of people we are?

Tara carreon

Comments

• Ho
      26th of Dec, 2008

I completely agree, as I am an employee and B&N and agnostic. Try working there every other day with Christian music forced into your ears. Even worse, the Bible Belt is defacing anything that is not Christian or has Obama on the front. It is absolutely DISGUSTING.

• Ta
      17th of Dec, 2009

Did you use your "American" money to pay for your purchase? Have you read what is written on it". The thing about America, that you should "get" if you had half a brain is...You had the choice to leave and not spend your money there, why stay and then complain? What an obvious non-American you are.

• Re
      21st of Dec, 2010

I find a lot of the music is sound offensive due to the screaming. It sounds like hog calling at a state fair, accompanied by musical instruments. the singers should not call themselves artists, but should be kept away from any recording device altogether. It's not just ethnic. I mean Celine Dion singing Christmas music sounds revolting as well as Black singers. Mellow it out people!!!

• Ir
      9th of Apr, 2011

Just because you don't follow a particular faith, doesn't make you a "non-American." And contrary to popular belief, the founding fathers were Atheist. "In God we Trust" was put on currency to make people such as yourself feel adequate. "If you had half a brain" you wouldn't be a condescending douche and be so quick to judge. What an obvious American you are. Keep believing what everyone spoonfeeds you, though. Typical Christian.