Bankers Warranty Group / Don't Buy Extended Warranty - Especially from Bankers Warranty Group

1 11101 Roosevelt Bld NSt Petersburg, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800)627-0000

I will never buy an extended warrany again. Especially from Bankers Warranty Group! (The only exception might be for my automobiles, but their by Dodge - Not Bankers.) My warranty #U120951 with VAC (now Bankers Warranty Group). I was told by someone from Bankers that I'd have to pay for a service call to determine weather my TV was covered by their warranty. I then paid Sartor TV (in Plano, TX) $135.00 and was told that my repair was covered. One of the boys from Saror TV told me to keep that receipt because Bankers will want it to give me re-imbursement. Dispite their earlier assurances, now Bankers is telling me that I do not get that fee reimbursed. What's more, they have sent me a check for $342.60 as a settlement. This does not include the fee paid to Sartor. The gentleman on the phone explained "depreciation" to me as though I were a ###. I feel that the depreciation should go back to April 8, 2010 - when my TV first broke down and not December 17, 2010 when they finally got around to resolving the matter. I can't believe that it took 8 months. When you speak to their Customer Service they like to tell you that they will call you back. They rarely do. The TV in question is suppose to be covered until June 2012.

Ml

Comments

• Le
      17th of Mar, 2011

You all need to complain to your Vendor. BWG has deaf ears, don't call them. Complain to TigerDirect, Global, Systemax, CompUSA to stop using Bankers Warranty Group as their choice of underwriters for extended warranties.
    They will make you wait for service, take several days to weeks for approval of repair estimates submitted for you the repair of your PC/Computer. They will continue to drag it out and have several different servicers attamept to repair your issue, then have you ship the unit in for repair. Causing you the customer furhter delays, and they penalize a servicer, waive the payments to the servicer, so they have enough money left to have YOU ship your unit in. Otherwise, you should be getting a replacement, not more time.
    That's how they do it and make money whil you the customer suffer and the techs coming out to take care of you, never get paid.

• Jb
      13th of Sep, 2011

compusa stopped selling warranties with BWG because they have lied to customers so much telling them that the warranty covers everything and that is not true by any stretch of the imagination. That is the real truth, people buy warranties under the assumption that it covers any and everything, then when the issue is not covered by the warranty company based on terms and conditions of the dealer, not the warranty company. The propblem is dealers that that sell the warranty directly make commision and bonuses for selling extended warranties. Why is it do you think that you don't actually have the warranty company soliciting your business???? The warranty won't sell itself and that is why you ahve so many people being swindled by the guy in the store with the kakki pants and tie trying to push you so hard to purchase the extended warrany, they are jsut like car salesmen. They do what they need to do to make a dollar. How do I know? Because I have worked for these types of store and I was not tought to lie I was just tought not to bring up things that would detour the customer from buying the extended warranty.

• Th
      2nd of Nov, 2011

Check the trade magazine Dealerscope. Search the warranty links. You'll see a disturbing thread relating to Banker's Warranty and the angry retailers complaining of their lack of service. When it comes to consumer electronics, just say NO.