Banfield Pet Hospital / bad business ethics!
I use to work for Banfield as a Hospital Director, so I know all about how they run their practices. I have a 12 year old male cat you was diagnosed with a bladder stone 3 years ago. After spending extra hundreds of dollars at Banfield with several wrong diagnosis and my cat left in pain. They finally decided it was a stone and it had to come out. They said the surgery would cost $1600.00. I called several other vets and found one that said the surgery would run me $400.00. What was the huge difference? My complain it now after 3 yrs my cat has been on a prescription diet that Banfield vets put him on and he is doing fine. I wanted to renew the prescription the other day when I was there with another pet of mine who was being seen for allergies. The receptionist told me to wait a moment that he had to talk to the Cheif of Staff. When he came back he told me that they couldn't renew the prescription as the Cheif of Staff had never seen my pet and did not have a client relationship with him! How absurd! I had a complete meltdown and they had to put me in a room and close the door! I told the Chief of staff that Banfield changes vets and receptionist and Chief of Staffs every other day! Does that mean I have to bring my cat in every other week to meet them too! It was in their computer with the note that my cat has to be on this special food for life and they are the ones who wrote the note! But would they re-new the prescription! NO!!!. I have never been so angry. I have since found the food at another vet who didn't even bat an eye! They just wanted more of my money for an office exam and who only knows what else! I know how they run their business from being on the inside of it! It is nothing but a huge racket!
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude