Banfield Pet Hospital / scam charges

II went to Banfield with two of my three dogs for wellness care. I was encouraged to join the plans and I did at $59.00 a month. Well the first time they saw my older dog (Bear a 9 year Pompeian) they kept him for a physical and when the dog went home he was really sick. His left side hurt when he was picked up and blood was coming out with his stool. I contacted them and they told me it was nothing to do with what they did to the dog. I still took the dog to another vet and he said he was probably sore from the restrains they use at times to hold dogs to examine them. The blood in his stool was related to stress cause during the 7 hours spent at Banfield that day. I called Banfield and they denied using any such procedure with my dog.

Well, it is a lot of money to pay each month without service and I decided to take the five-month-old puppy to be neutered, since this was included in the plan. The day they examine him I was concern because he had a cherry eye. They recommended fixing his eye during the time he be being neutered. Now the neutering procedure was included in the plan and they were only going to charge me for medication. Well, when I picked up my dog his eye looked full of blood and he had a huge amount of discharge coming out of his eye. I was concern the next day and stayed home from work to see if giving him his medicine would alleviate his eye. He was worst-when I talk to Banfield they did not offer to see him, but sent me to a specialist that was going to charge me $250.00 for consulting services. I told them I could not afford to take him and they recommend another doctor 20 miles away from where I live. We need to get so type of class action sue against these butchers. How many more animals are going to be hurt or kill in the hands of these people.

Ed

Comments

• Ra
      21st of Nov, 2009

First off, Banfield does not use restraints on pets. the only thing they use if they have to is a muzzle.

a cherry eye is rather easy to fix, but the procedure, like any other prcoedure, could cause other symptons. your statement is rather incorrect. obviously, they got the neuter perfect. and just because they dog is bleeding from it's eye, and they recommend you going to a specialist, that's wrong? nothing is 100% guaranteed. why don't you blame the dog for bleeding out of it's eye? no, don't do that. blame yourself for getting that specific dog.

pretty sure it's not reasonable for you to blame banfield for them doing their job.