Banfield Pet Hospital / overcharges and selling medication we don't need!
After Taking My dog there for what turned out to be only a pulled muscle, we weren't seen by the normal Vet, there was someone there covering for him. She ended up prescribing Turbutrol. My husband brought the medication home and showed me that it cost $140 after researching the medication on the net turns out is a mild form of Morphine that costs 10 times the amount. We already spend a small fortune on painkillers for the dog, I really don't understand why we got this medication as well.
My husband says to take the medication back. Which I try and do but apparently their policy is they don't return controlled substances. Strange as they have done this previous. The assistant said she told my husband this but later said she never told him the policy. I called her a lying ###. Wrong on my part I know but I cannot stand being lied to. There were also a few other choice words as I just quit smoking.
In my opinion don't take your animal to Banfield's. I think they are over priced and I think they over medicate in order to get kick backs from the pharmaceutical company. They really do not try to be affordable with there customers. They play on your vulnerability over the love of your pet to sell you more then what you need.
I too will be taking them to court!
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude