Bally's Total Fitness / Poor service!

I joined the gym and from the beginning there was a problem with my membership which spilled over to my bank account and Bally's making at least one debit from my checking account and there may be more if they don't correct the error soon but also now am dealing with trying to get the overpayment back to my account.

D  13th of Feb, 2009 by
I've been a member, for about 20 years, and never had a problem until now. I go to the Bally's Fitness at Wayne, NJ and the service person at the desk tells me, " You need to purchase a new card because the computer does not scan it, and i'm not going to type all the digits on your card, everytime you come here. Thats not going to happen!" I was shocked at the way she spoke. I told her the card is still in good condition, a little faded, but good. And it would be silly of me to purchase a new one, so kindly just type in the digits. She said, "This is the last time i will be admitting you in, because i will not type the digits again!" What customer service i tell you. No customer loyalty. 20 year member and this is what i get. Now i know why Bally's is heading down. And the funny part, is i had chosen Bally's over New York Sports Club, because i was trying to be loyal.
N  13th of Feb, 2009 by
Funny you mentioned that. I'm from Jersey too, and i've been to that facility too. For the most part they are ok. Don't judge the facility because of that one bad apple. Talk to the manager, he/she will do the right thing. Good Luck