Backpage / paid ads get "community removed" w/ no explanation - no response from cust. svc. for months
I have been paying for ads on Backpage for nearly 2 years now. Over the past several months, I have found several of my posts to have been removed, with no explanation beyond "Community Removed." As far as I know, I am following all rules - in fact, the ads that have been removed are literally identical to dozens of other ads I've posted on the site with no issues.
Also, I get no notice when my ads are removed. I only discover that they've been removed when I go in to "My Account" and see them highlighted in red.
Each time this happens, I message Customer Service through the form on the website. I have yet to receive any response. If I'm inadvertently doing something wrong, I'd like to know, so that I can change it; I sincerely wish to comply with all rules and ToS. If I haven't done anything wrong, and my ads have been removed in error, I would like a refund. At the moment, they're taking my money without providing the promised service, which feels like a total scam.
At the very least, I would just like to get a response / explanation from someone! Thank you very much for any help you may provide.
Updated by East Coast USA Girl, Apr 30, 2017
I'm finding tons of complaints online about this exact thing happening to other people. At least I know it's not personal, heh. If they do not resolve this, I plan to spend the rest of my credits, and never use the site again. Taking money for a service you fail to provide despite 100% compliance with rules and TOS is theft. As long as their customer service remains imaginary, I'm considering this site to be a total scam.
FWIW: When I first began using the site, it was pretty buggy, but they always responded to my service requests within a couple of hours. I'm not sure what happened recently, but I'm getting ready to abandon ship!
More Backpage Complaints & Reviews
- Backpage - women seeking men dating posting ads 
- Backpage - social media and profile 
- Backpage - woman seeking man. 
- Backpage - women seeking men 
- Backpage - posting ads requiring social media account 
- Backpage - for a massage advertisement on april / amazon gift card error
- Backpage - trying to post but checkout is only showing cryptocurrency not my credit balance or payment options just the cryptocurrency option 
- Backpage - dating, 
- Backpage - gift card error
- Backpage - completely scammed by “bitcoin friendly” escort