Axis Bank Power Home Loan / worst service

1 India Review updated:

Hi,

Note: http://news.indlaw.com/guest/databasesearch/articles/core_articledisplay.asp?ID=ATM4

I have taken a home loan with axis bank - retail asset centre. The name of the loan id power home loan. It is almost 6 months that I am paying my pre-emi.

Bad experiences :

Over a period of time only, I came to know that the persons approaced me are not the direct axis bank staffs. They are the third party finance agents. Normally, axis bank does n't deal the customer directly. They approace the clients thru the third party agents.

When I approach axis bank for converting my emi to pre-emi, they asked me 6 cheque leaves, and then they never processed my request for more than a month. When I call the axis bank rac (Retail asset centre), I didn't get a proper response. They put me on hold for 30 minutes and cut the telephone line.
Again, I called, and I got a reply like this "please contact the third party finance agent through which you apply for home loan". I was really shocked.

Another experience, when I tried to meet the branch manager, the front office female staff didn't allow me to meet the branch manager and she made me to wait for more than a hour and replied me that he is not in his seat. Again this is another bad experience.

I sent a mail to the branch manager to get my it interest certificate, still now there is no response.

There are many other experiences like this. My advice, please don't go for private banks for home loans, especially don't go to axis bank for home loan.

Very very poor customer service.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any information.

If you are from chennai, and if you had a bad experience with any bank, pls approach,

Chennai 044-[protected]/5964 : bochennai@rbi.org.in

Thanks
Ganapathy

Comments

• Na
      5th of May, 2008

I am having a home loan account no. 245010600388863. I have not received the provisional loan repayment statement for the financial year 2008-2009. can you please send me the same at the e. mail id indicated above.

Regards,

Nabendu datta

12th of May, 2008

Hi,

I have taken home loan from axis bank (account no : ph0050100025300 and customer id : 56848). after making several requests I have not received any principal & interest computation sheet for emis I have already paid.

Please provide me a proper solution for that.

Thanks,

Chandan

Account no : ph0050100025300 and customer id : 56848

• Sr
      21st of Jul, 2008

i had applied loan for 6.5L housing loan in UTI bank, where as distributed amount is 6.1L, the emi paid is for 6.5L, even without paying the full loan amount they had collected for 6.5 L

Loan account number:

1. 082010600029245
    2. 082010600034362

There is no proper response for several mails sent to UTI bank. after the transition for UTI to AXIS, i am not sure whom to contact by email.

• Pr
      28th of Aug, 2008

Hi

Can anybody provide me with the escalation details of Axis Bank RAC? I'm passing through a terible experience...want to bring it to the top most level of the bank.

Best regards,
    Prabhakar Dutta
    Bangalore

• Im
      4th of Dec, 2008

Hi My Home Loan PH0820100092928 with Axis Bank, I have not received the Provisional Loan Repayment Statement For the financial year 2008-2009.

Also the axis bank without giving any inimation and without proper date they represent cheque without any notification. Last month the emi credit on 6th and this month credit on 1st and cheque got bounced without sufficient funds.

The Representative of Axis bank took confirmation to debit only 5th of every month.

I am facing very poor perfomance with this bank.
    Thanks
    Immaculate
    Chennai

• Ar
      27th of Jan, 2009

Where is the Axis Bank-RAC office in Chennai?

• Kk
      14th of Jul, 2009

I 100% support the above complaints. Iam from Chennai and I have also taken a Housing loan from Axis bank.
    Unlike the private banks or few public sector banks, Axis bank doesnt have a common customer support team.
    They dont provide a facility to view our account details online.
    Adding to this none of their document mention their phone no.
    When I tried contacting them, I never got the response on the first or second time.

The only advnatage over other private banks is the interest % and the advantage wrt to Public sector bank is their margin amount is less (U get more loan amount).

Never consider Axis bank in the top 5options of Ur list.

Regards,
    K K Senthil

8th of Apr, 2010

Axis bank hai dokhe ka bank!!! aise chor bank se backhe raho

19th of Jul, 2010

I agree with above complains, even I am strugling for last 3 months to get the loan enhancement, but their guys telling that some internal processes have been changed due to which there is no firm date to recieve the additional loan amount. Now my loan has been sanctioned but even after 20 days I am not able to get the disbursent cheque from them, they are still giving new excuses if I am able to contact them. Please never put this bank in you choice list.

19th of Jul, 2010

Please provide the escalation list for axis bank home loan department if any one have.
    thanks.

• Th
      10th of Jan, 2011

Hi,
    I am Thiyagarajan and I am also affected from Axis Bank, They are collected Home loan related documents from me and they are agreed once loan has been sanctioned then we will inform you and then only will put cheque but it will happen any time. Last month (Dec 20th) I received a call from Anna nagar around 12:50 and they are requested to arrange payments before 13:30. During this time I was on travelling and me only informed that executive. But Cheque has been deposited and its got bounds and they are debited from my account without my knowledge. Now I am requesting them to revert my debited amount in my account. And they are not processed my loan also due to Cheque bounds issue. And this is the first cheque bounds in my account due to Bank process issue. So please help me to get it. THank you by Thiyagarajan Email id : dthiyagu6682@yahoo.co.in

• Sh
      1st of Feb, 2011

No one ever picks up there Chennai RAC customer care number!
    Does anyone have mobile number of customer care exec for Chennai RAC?

• Gn
      10th of Feb, 2011

I guess axis bank do not want to do any business, you cannot get a response from them either on phone or email. guys ask them to go to hell. shika sharma should aware of this 3rd class service, can anyone post her ide here?

• Gn
      10th of Feb, 2011

use the above link guys

18th of Mar, 2011

I am having a nightmare of a time trying to work with Axis Bank on my existing Home Loan. Recently the intrest rates went up and theu jacked up my tenure from 20 yrs to 23 or 24 yrs. Hence started my converstion with them regarding keeping mu tenure to 20yrs but increasing my EMI.
    It has been almost 3 months now since my first request and the process is going on.
    Their customer support personnels are mediocre and do not give a clear understanding on whats happening, unless you keep pestering them they dormant your request.
    Worst Bank in India...
    Thanks & Regards,
    Jagadesh

• Bn
      7th of Jun, 2011

I would not have repented like this, if I would have read these comments before. Unfortunately, achored by one of my friends suggestion, I approached this bank, and from that time, believe me, both DSA & managers made my BP levels raise like anything.

Initially DSAs will make false promises like within 5 days or max of 7 days time to sanction. Once you fall prey to those promises, the rogues, can not understand your requirements and they start behaving like bosses. Some how, these DSA are in safe net and top management is least bothered about their customers.
    I am looking for alternatives to get out of this bank.
    My sincere, advice to all of you looking for home from Axis bank is a big "NNNOOO"

• Sr
      20th of Sep, 2011

Money is getting transferred without my knowledge, when asking the account statement no response from any one . Can any one know from where I can raise the complaints, since customer care is useless.

• Va
      6th of Oct, 2011

I too have very bad experience with axis bank power home loan. Almost one year gone and till now ECS is not activated. Every month i used to get calls from collection department for EMI. Even though I submitted my ECS form during processing time. It doesn't happen. Second time I have taken initiative and submitted the ECS form again. However still ecs is not yet activated. Coming to interest on loan mant, Frequently getting letters saying based rate has increased to so much month after month. keep changing the interest rates on loan amount. Very poor customer support. No body picks up the phone and responds to emails. Guys lets not choose Axis bank for home loan. Only reason I chose axis bank for home loan is that there is no pre-payment charges. Other than that, every thing is worse with Axis bank.

• Ka
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I had exact same experience as vasub. Verbatim. My ecs was processed and cleared for first 4 months and they do not have a explanation as to what happened after which. Their third party collection team will nag you towards end of month and ask us pay the amount in cash and it is a universal ecs issue with Axis bank. Everytime a different agent calls and promises issue will be resolved from next month because they need to say some LIES and collect the money for that month. Then i was asked to meet customer care manager at south usman road office in Chennai ( as i declined cash payment) and even the customer support team at RAC had no clue as to why ECS was not processed. They coolly suggest you apply for next ECS.And if any calrification they gave a contact number and guess what??? no one will ever pick up...such a shoddy service and false commitment...i have never seen such a poor customer service...

• Le
      16th of Mar, 2012

Sir, I have repaid full housing loan on 16.03.2012 under my home loan a/c nos-
    245010600983525 and 044010600011945. now, I need my property related original documents from you before 25th march 2012 at bhopal. but as per your bhopal office it will
    Take 15 to 20 days for reaching the documents.
    Why? please, arrange to reach the documents within 10 days.

Leeladhar deshmukh, mig-50 sri rameshwaram deluxe bagmugalia bhopal