Avon / scams

I ordered from avon 2 fragrances and was to recieve a free cosmetic bag when you ordered any fragrance totalling 24.00 dollars..well of course i didnt recieve the bag so i called them and the lady said she would take care of it..well i waited 2 weeks by that time a new avon book came out and i had recieved another order i placed and no bag..So i called again.and the lady was very rude and said there was no special like that in the book for that month..which was untrue..so needless to say i told them i would never order from them again and hung up..the bbb should be called on avon for false advertisment, they are a big FRAUD...

Comments

• Ti
      Dec 28, 2009

I purchased 3 of the digital camera's with camcorder from avon about 2 weeks bdfore christmas on the special at $70.oo a piece with a $20 beauty purchase, so I spent $300.oo...A couple of days later I opened one (mine) (other 2 for daughters for christmas...) mine worked that one day and then after that everytime I turned it on it said loading...I found no troubleshooting techniques in book, no phone number...So called Rep and said see what you can find out...If no assistance then I want to return them, I don't think I want to take a chance with no help number or tech assistance...Said she would call next day...that was 10 days ago...Calle New York, home office and she mailed (couldn't email or fax, so she said) refund form to me...and gave me district mgrs number here and I called and left several messages...Dec 28th ...NO ONE has returned my calls...HELP>>>I use to sell avon...I thought they were a reputable company...poooohhheeee...

• Dd
      Jan 10, 2010

I am sorry for your trouble...I am an Avon Rep...I too ordered and sold over 10 of these things. I have returned 4 so far. My Hubby loves his. I did not like mine. It is a pain in the back side! You should be able to get a refund on that thing. Here is Avons phone number: [protected]. I returned and refunded all my clients. Avon ALWAYS fives credit to it's Reps immediately if they are in good standing.

• Ra
      Feb 11, 2010
    Avon - wrong money sent
    Avon

On November 17, 2017 I received a check for over $24, 000 from Avon. It was made out to me and sent to my correct address. I thought that it was posibly some stock dividends that my now deseased Grandmother had earned. My Grandmother was an Avon lady from the 1970's to 1990's. She was constantly getting awards for being a top seller. She died in 2017 and left quite a bit of bills. At that time my parents were paying them. In 2017 Hurricane Katrina took everything they owned. I then decided to pick up the bills to help them out. Needless to say, this check was a Godsend. I took it to my bank and had them verify it. The check cleared and I used most of it to pay off various debts. I then celebrated by burning all of the paid in full ones for my Grandmother. On December 17, 2017 I received a Fed Ex'd letter from a WNS Global group telling me that I kept a check that obviously wasn't mine and that they would take criminal action if I didn't immediately pa
    y it back. I contacted them and explained what happened. I got so scared by the letter and was so embarrassed that I told the man that I hadn't spent any of it. I sent a check for the full amount and received a check for $500 as a "thank you" Now, I owe several family members money. I had to cancel Christmas for my chronically ill child and pawn anything of value. I felt so disgusting by what had happened that I decided to contact Avon directly. After two weeks the representative from the office of the president for Avon sends me a final reply. In it I was basically blamed for depositing it and getting myself into this mess. I was told that I should have contacted them first. Why should I? I thought it was mine. She then proceeds to tell me that the money was for one of their vendors and that my customer number was entered by mistake. In 2017 I had contacted them about a product refund. This is how they had my name and address to begin with. Anyway, she also
    stated that they made "several" attempts to contact me. I haven't moved or changed my address in over 10 years. I had explained that this economic burden was not my fault and was going to LEAVE US HOMELESS IN A MATTER OF WEEKS. It still made no difference. I replied and ttried to explain and clarify the truth, not what WNS and their financial dept. decided was the truth. I now get no response to any attempts to email them. I am now $20, 000 in debt due to their mistake. I told the rep. that car accidents are mistakes but it doesn't leave people any less injured or dead. I don't know what to do. This is supposed to be a company based on the premise of helping women become financial independent, REALLY? I don't feel so free.

• Ba
      Feb 12, 2010
    Avon - they have made me pay for customers ordes befor they payed me and now they say I owe them moor money
    avon
    Beloit
    Wisconsin
    Phone: [protected]
    avon.com

I just became an avon rep and unit leader in just 2 weeks then I place my customers orders then they made me pay 90%of the money to pay for customer orders now they say that I owe them money for the customers orders then they dubbale charged me for acustomers order that is in my living room so I whant my money back all80.00 dollars of it dont trust avon its a scam

• Av
      Feb 27, 2010

Well the orders do have a time frame for submission of payments.
    That's why they have due dates.
    If you customers are lacking payments its up to us Reps to contact the customers and
    1) tell them their order has arrived
    2) Time to pay up or they cannot have their order until done.
    If items are backordered. Just subtract the amount that was to be added from the bill you give to your customers as you will not be billed for those.

Still having concerns call Head office up or your District Sales Manager and inquire what you can do from here.
    They can give you alternative solutions.

About being double charged. I would take it up with Head office directly and tell them about the double charging before making a payment.

Good luck

• Rp
      Jun 08, 2010

I had no problems with my camera/camcorder when I wasn't using it that is. I have had it about a year and have only taken maybe two photos with it. It didn't save any of them and when I finally got a memory card for it (I had to get two because it didn't specify that it had to be the little one) it wouldn't save anything. I wouldn't even resell this thing to someone and it's to late to get a refund. The thing is a complete headache and really hard to understand. Don't buy this camera if you see it anywhere!!!

Jul 22, 2010
    Avon - schammers
    avon canada
    Ontario
    Canada

Do not buy or sell avon they are the biggest schammers ever. You pay double the price for products and I personally do go for quality isnt cheap and cheap isnt quality but their products are not quality they sell you cheap products in the catalogue it will look really nice than when you get it its crap cheap garbage you coulld of got at the dollar store for half the price and the dollar store has even better quality, than you will order something and you wont ever get it for 6 months they will say short ship as soon as possible and you will never receive it. Now heres the best part when someone signs you up to sell the product saying you can make all this money they are liars unless you have 20 people working under you you wont make anything basically I sold avon for 6 months I would sell 2-300 worth of product every two weeks and did not make one penny not one actually I would end up owing them an extra 10 everyone would pay for their products and than when I owed avon it didnt add up. Another thing it made me llook bad I would have friends oredering stuff from me and they would get pissed off cause they would order stuff and never get it and when you call avon to complain they are all idiots, you are so upset explaining to them what is going on looking for answers to your questions and when your done speaking it is just silence you say hello they say yes im listening I say obviously your not I just asked you a question and your sitting there in silence oh I apologize for the inconvenience and when you ask well what are you going to do about it why do you have false advertising again just sit in silence they are real people yet you feel like your speaking to a robot cause no matter what you say they say the same thing and dont answer your questions terrible. I repeat do not buy or sell avon they are schammers

• Bc
      Nov 03, 2010
    Avon - big scam
    AVON
    Kansas City
    Missouri

Save yourself the heartache and sanity. You are not going to make any real money and any money you actually make ends up being spent on brochures and anything else you may need, so you actually spend more than you make. There is no check coming to you... Any money ends up being paid to you in the form of credit... So you can buy more crap from them... The only one making money is avon... And don't bother going on their community blog where reps go for advice or to share something... Everyone is busy blowing hot air up everyone else's butt about how wonderful avon is - if you dare say the opposite, your comment will be jumped on and all the butt kissing reps will tell you that its obvious you're not doing something right because they've been selling avon and have been able to retire, buy a yacht or a mansion or whatever...

• Po
      Nov 03, 2010

It's not a scam, it just takes a lot of time and patience. My friend was very successful in it, my sister was not. It's no easy way to make money.

• He
      Nov 11, 2010
    Avon - avon rep took money and ran

I ordered from an AVON rep. She had me write down my order on a piece of paper and she had 40 dollars of my money. She gave me no receipt and I paid in cash. she then said my order went over by 2dollars and some sense and needed to include tax. I did. A month later, I went looking for my order. No order placed. I went on to learn she was in cohorts with an employee I fired from home health care. I went to AVON and complained. Boy, that didn't work.

• Po
      Nov 12, 2010

Did she even work for Avon? It's pretty easy to pose as a rep. If she didn't, Avon cannot help you.

• Ka
      Nov 22, 2010
    Avon - bad costumer service
    avon
    Fair Oaks
    California

I am a costumer of jeff sullivan and he has had horrible costumer service. He has forgotten about 4 of my past orders and now he "canceled" an order that was suppose to come on 11/12/10. I had already paid him my money, but when I found out that he canceled it without letting me know, I asked for my money back and he said taht he already gave it back to me. Which is not true at all. I am very upset. I did let some of the messed up orders go before. But this is too much. Avon really needs to keep good track of how their representatives are doing this is not acceptable. Please please! Do a better job. Thank you.

• It
      Dec 28, 2010

As an independent AVON representative you DON’T “get a check FROM AVON”. You get money from your customers. It’s really pretty simple: You sell to your customers who pay retail to you, buy from AVON at a discount and the difference is your profit. It appears that like many who have posted complaints here, you simply don’t understand how direct sales works.

• Ro
      Jan 20, 2011
    Avon - conflicting information
    Avon Inc
    blogspot.com

I am seeking legitimate information with regards to the policies and proceedures of Avon, Inc. My aim is to obtain information that is true and not conflicting to my experience. I ask if anyone has vital information that can help me or anyone else who stumbles across this information. It's important to know the truth. I have actually had a decent experience with Avon aside from the fact that items are on back order or disconintued. That has been going on for years. My main concern is the credit vs. no-credit status. Please share your story and/or experiences if you find your contribution can help myself and others along the way. I'm here to learn but I want the truth and I have been getting the run around. I especially invite District managers and regional managers to partake in my mission to know once and or all what is the policy and proceedures. Please read my story and respond accordingly. Thank you. http://destinationjustice.blogspot.com/

Mar 05, 2011
    Avon - refund
    Avon
    Jeffersonville
    Indiana

I recently placed a order with Avon. I bought more than 40 dollars worth of product online and received the package. I go to open the package and realize they sent me the wrong type of foundation color and didnt even give me the concealer I ordered. One product was 12.00 and the other was 6.00. I returned those items and waited weeks for the refund to appear on my credit card statement. It never did, I eventually emailed Avon and let them know how upset I was. I waited another week for a email response, and finally got one. The rep told me that I was issued a refund for 4.27 on 2/28/2017. 4.27?? The products I returned werent even opened? And I sent back more than that in returns. I went and checked my credit card statement for that date. And needless to say, there was no 4.27 from Avon on my credit card statement for that date or after. I am extremely frustrated with Avon taking my money and not giving me the right items. I also placed another order before all these problems with Avon. And they didnt have 3 products I ordered in the box. Saying they were out of stock and no longer able to get. But did Avon refund me the money for those 3 products. NOPE! they kept my money and I got no product. I will never ever order from Avon again.

Mar 06, 2011

Can you not read?? "waited weeks for the refund to appear on my credit card statement"
    And with the type of card I use, I have online access to it. So its posted automatically. Thank you very much. There was no reason for you to be such a smart-###. What the hell is wrong with people now-a-days?

Mar 09, 2011

Okay, hun. Whatever you say. I bet you get told your always right, dont you!?? :)

Mar 09, 2011

Okay... whatever dude. Its called a H&R Block Bank Debit card. Look up the policy information if you dont believe me. I aint gonna argue with you. But I have a online access to it. And the mind... something happens, be it a refund or whatever... it shows up on the statement... as pending or whatever...but it still shows. Thank you very much.

• In
      Mar 14, 2011

So they took you off NIC... and??
    It's Avon's guarantee.. and it's their policy... if you can't handle it, then maybe Avon isn't for you. I forget now what the % is of returns.. all depends on your sales if I recall.and the average rate for other reps.
    I read your blog...I really didn't understand your issue with the quick entry..Out of courtesy to my customers, I always look in all 3 brochures to get them the best price. It's no secret that we can backorder. And you cannot go by the prices in the Product Search..sometimes special offer prices show up also. You have to look at the actual brochure prices.

• Sh
      Mar 24, 2011

Do people really get paid? I've been doing Avon for over 15 years and have NEVER received a check. And yes they double bill, bait and switch, and make you "Pre-pay" on orders never sent.

• Sh
      Mar 24, 2011

I like the product's at rep cost.

• Su
      Mar 25, 2011
    Avon - not happy right now
    San Antonio
    Texas

I am just trying to understand, I am a new rep for Avon, I love certain Avon products, and I have been buying Avon for years, I used to sale it years ago, and got out of it because I wasn't making any money. I was getting the sales but I was not making any money.
    So I recently started selling it again, only because I have a few loyal customers and myself also, I don't sell that much but I am content with the money that I am making and contributing to my loyal customers, but recently I had to contact Avon via the phone, because a lot of things change since 2017, before I purchase and item I make sure that it is avaible for purchase, so I can tell my loyal customers, nonetheless, the rep that signed my friend and myself up, is no where to be found, it seems that she made her little recuriting money and became "Ghost", back to the subject, I contact Avon to vent and voice my concerns because I know for a fact that I make Avon a lot of money with just my little hussel on the side.
    Well, I was on hold for over 25 minutes and put back in que when the rep could not answer my question, and my question was, what items are not shipped directly from Avon, that way I can never order them again.
    I was pissed, not only for being on hold for so long, but for being put back in que and not even getting my questioned answer.
    If some recurite a new rep they should be in the picture for a little while and not come up with excuses as to why they can't meet or anything.

• Sc
      Apr 20, 2011

If they are able to know what price to print on your invoice then you should know what price you will have to pay BEFORE you actually put the order in. If you were buying a house or a car... or anything else for that matter, would you whip out your check book and sign a blank check to hand over to someone who gave you only a pall park figure as to how much they are going to charge you. I think not! EVERYONE, has a right to know how much something is going to cost up front before they click on the send button or sign on the dotted line. This is one of the problems I had with Avon as a matter of fact. Many times the products will be one price when placing the order and then turn out to be much more once the order is put through. This is unethical no matter how you slice it.

• Sc
      Apr 20, 2011

If she didn't Avon can't help you and if she did Avon WON'T help you. Either way you're out the money. I've been on both ends of the stick as a buyer and a seller. Avon does just enough to cover their butts, all while making a nice fat profit w/ as little effort as possible. They are not responsible for the actions of reps as they are INDEPENDANT contractors. Which means they basically don't really work for Avon, but still get bossed around by the company as per how to conduct their sales. Nice right? The Avon Occult I call it.. w/ all their little minions and brain washed fools following behind them jumping through hoops.

May 22, 2011

I just did the mistake of giving my contact info to the Rep here in my area. I just wanted some info on how to be a rep and what is this youre doing exactly and how things work, and now shes calling me every day and wants to meet up too. They are SO pushy. When it comes to employment its usually YOU that keeps calling and bothering to get employed, its never the employer. I bet they get bonuses for signing new victims up. After all the things i read i really dont wanna get involved in this business. Im a foreign european student who pays big bucks to study abroad and i have NO money to pay on scams, Ive been fooled before by other companies and ive lost at least 2k. Thanks for the warning!!

• Ad
      Jun 03, 2011

I agree. I never make any money working for them and in fact im sure i loose money with each order. I always pay the 'estimated total amout' which usually adds up just fine. they give me the money and i pay avon. then a week later i get an email saying i owe like 10-20 bucks more and when i ask why all they will tell me is that was only an 'estimated' total and this was the real total. But it never makes sense with the listed prices in the catalogues! AND when i tell them that, they procede to tell me im the ### and it has to do with promotions and blah blah blah, and its like talking to a brick wall. The customer service people never speak english, and I agree that they are pushy too! I only make an oder once a month, IF THAT EVEN, and my recruiter is CONSTANTLY calling me to 'remind me' that i havent made an order every week with each campaign. I tell her every time that i only sell recreationally and wont have an order each time, but she still callse me every week. I almost feel harrassed to sell products! I hate avon so much..The products are crappy, and everything you order is almost always TINY compaired to how it looks in the catalogue. 30 bucks for a perfume bottle the size of my pinky? PLEASE.

• Av
      Jun 14, 2011

I am having a major issue with delayed billing. I placed an order last campaign for $200.00 worth of product and a couple of items were not available but then the delayed billed most of it so my cost was $35.00. Not only did I not get the 40% discount on my demo products because my order was not at least $50.00, but my earnings were only 20% instead of 30% because the order was not over $145 any more after they delayed billed most of the order. It would be fair if they allowed reps to pay the balance on an extended term but still count the sales towards that campaign. It is so difficult to make money with the business beause I never know until after I receive the product what exactly I will be charged. Sometimes I only purchase items for my personal use due to the expected cost and when I receive the amended bill it's 20% higher. Its very frustrating!

• Al
      Sep 17, 2011
    Avon - do not sell avon
    AVON
    New York

Avon sells crappy merchandise then charges their reps to return the junk all the while pushing their reps to sell more and more of said crap that they do have to pay for whether customer pays them or not... You call with a problem and you get a foreigner telling you stupid advice! Yes usually you can get a refund eventually but minus the shipping charges to return said junk... So where is the profit for the seller? Plus now if you place a small order one campaign the seller gets no discount plus gets charged an order charge which amounts to losing money... Not profit! If my orders are not good enough for them... Then now they are zero, severing all ties with avon once and for all.

I was a long-time customer for many years and then a rep for 10+ years so yes I am in a very good position to write this review... And guess what? No more of their bs for me, they finally alienated a steady seller/customer once and for all... Can't say I didnt see it coming in past year though as the company has been going steadily downhill in their products and increasingly pushy with their reps!

My advice: shop your local discount stores as there are better deals there and you can see what you purchase beforehand and easily return if problems and the bottom line is do not become a rep! Been there and done that... I hope this saves others some grief!

Dec 18, 2011
    Avon - bad business
    106 russets circle
    Bridgeville
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: [protected]

I thought joining up with avon would be a great idea, how wrong I was! I was charged an extremely high amount basically just to keep the account active, they force you into making an order a month even if you have no customers and then charge you a bunch of fees, there are only so many deodorants a girl needs before it's a little crazy! I was willing to put up with most of the craziness until I sent them a big return of stuff totalling more than $100 that they keep saying wasn't returned and yet other things in the same box were. Then they had the balls to say that I had to still pay them an extra $80 so instead of being out $100 I would be out $180. Now te bill is headed for collection agencies, my first tarnish on my record and I am pissed. I want everyone to know they need to stay away from this company.